Apple seeks U.S. ban of Galaxy S III

Search This thread
Jun 1, 2012
I used to be an Apple fan-boy, and this makes me sick... I'll always appreciate the build quality of Apple products, and you can pry my MacBook Pro out of my cold dead hands, but really? Suing Sammy over the SGIII and worse getting a patent for a wedge shaped laptop? What's next? The other issue, what's wrong with our legal system that this crap can occur in the first place?

TriC_101

Jan 28, 2010
London, Ontario.
I'm going to patent the action of swiping my tissue-covered finger across my backside to clean myself after defecating. After I do so I will sue anyone that tries to wipe their ass. hmmm wait that sounds like APPLE!

kelvenha55

Nov 20, 2009
Lol you can do whatever the hell you want in this world, just as long as you have the money to pay for it. Apple getting patents and suing people just shows how much money they have to wipe their asses with. And there's a reason why they have so much money, they put out High Quality and Dependable products. Samsung is a major competitor to apple because their lines have been claimed as the best android phones around, so of course Apple has them in their crosshairs (you can't lie the s3 white kinda looks like an iPhone. And past galaxy s phones somewhat mimic past iPhone looks). But even with that said they're not as dependable or don't receive as great/speedy updates as iDevices do. iDevices get all the new cool apps and games first, good support and they almost do everything an android can . Problem with android is there is hundreds of phones with different hardware. Making it so hard for developers to make apps on android to keep everyone happy. They literally have to make different versions and patches for their apps for specific gpu's and such, and a lot of times you wont get a certain app or game for awhile or not at all compared to iDevices. Also lets not forget the bugs with android, i know I have to flash fixes or roms to make it more stable or speedy, when iDevices dont require many fixes just mods to your liking. And that's why Apple is top dog making the most money. There have been so many "iPhone killer" phones that came out that didn't live up to its claim. All they can hope for is market share. S3 being one of those phones people are expecting to kill the iPhone, which sadly won't happen. S3 is gonna be a great phone but it already lost a good number of hopeful customers with the removal of the quad core processor. And the Siri copy cat.... Its a iPhone rip off pretty much. No wonder Apple is suing, I would.

I'm not an Apple fan boy. I love both OS for their own unique differences and own both. Just saying.... Apple is top dog, and will do anything and sacrifice all resources required to keep it that way.

Last edited:

i9100g user

Dec 18, 2011
I have an ipad and its great ios is also great in different terms but apple are now acting childish which would only make more apple haters.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

dakpluto

Mar 2, 2012
Orlando
So why'd they suing them for this time.. because the phone is still rectangler in shape !! LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Actually Apple WAS granted at one time a patent for rectangular phones, lol. Like most patent law that goes to the courts, the patent was modified to something more strict and less broad.

The problem really isn't Apple, or any other cell phone company. They ALL do the lawsuits, but that's because the US Patent system is so ****ed up they have too. Patents are handed out like candy and written so broad that just about anything violates a patent. So neither Apple or Moto or Samsung is the issue. It's the damn patent office.

roughneckboren

Dec 7, 2010
weatherford oklahoma
I've owned both and android is by far superior. IPhone is dumbed down to make it "Easy" which is OK for some. Android is way more about the user. And if people say about the force close thing then they are idiots. IPhone just freezes. It don't show a message about it.

As far as jailbroken vs rooted jailbreaking is easier but the lack of customization on iPhone even after is attrocious. Android customization takes skill but with practice becomes second nature. I myself have spent weeks learning just to decomp/recomp (the actual process no customizing) but it makes it worth it for me to have total control.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

MaxCarnage

Feb 4, 2007
San Antonio, TX
I transitioned from Windows Mobile to iOS and it was an amazing experience. I don't take anything away from Apple when it comes to re-thinking the smartphone; they created a whole-new mobile experience and I loved all my iPhones until I unwillingly transitioned to Android to get away from AT&T. Honestly, I went through a love/hate relationship with Android until I started getting into the community here. The Nexus S remains the best Android phone I've had, though I wouldn't go back to non-4G connectivity on a dare.

Anyway, the point of this is that I went back to an iPhone after a year or so with Android and it just wasn't the same. At first it was cool and I thought that all was right again, but the smaller screen and walled-garden environment just ended up being boring. Now as Apple really ramps up its attacks against Android to the detriment of the consumer I just wouldn't be able to justify buying another Apple device to myself.

crixley

May 25, 2012
Actually Apple WAS granted at one time a patent for rectangular phones, lol. Like most patent law that goes to the courts, the patent was modified to something more strict and less broad.

The problem really isn't Apple, or any other cell phone company. They ALL do the lawsuits, but that's because the US Patent system is so ****ed up they have too. Patents are handed out like candy and written so broad that just about anything violates a patent. So neither Apple or Moto or Samsung is the issue. It's the damn patent office.

The best part is the fact that they stole the original design from the lg prada

Pot meet kettle

fwdkiller

Mar 10, 2010
kent,wa
I use to both i prefer iphone cause it cleaner im looking to trade my s2 for iphone 4 or 4s i already sold my s3 for iphone 4s ,now im getting rid of all my android devices there all up on ebay cheap.....

Sent from my iphone 4s 64gb using XDA

occupational_hazard

Mar 20, 2011
McAlester
K, we get it. Sell your phone. Stop posting this stuff to get a rise out of an android crowd. Have fun with whatever it is you apple people do with your phones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts