Automatic Splash Image Creator (PNG to Flashable Zip in One Click!)

Search This thread

Max_Pain

Oct 29, 2006
Miami, FL
Here's a question for ya.
If I'm rummaging in a rom how can I extract the rle (?) file from it to convert it to png with your script? Of course this assumes its in the same format and it will work. But how do I get that out of boot.img in the first place to test?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII on MetroPCS!

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
Reactions: Max_Pain
C

cesjr02

Any way for Mac OSX users to make this work? I haven't found a way to run those pesky .bat files without Windows. :)

Thanks to the OP.

matrixzone5

Jan 12, 2011
landing
My lord wouldnt it be awsome to have an app like this and make splash screens right off your phone !?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium HD app

CyaN1de

Dec 19, 2008
BC
Thanks for the .bat OP....works like a charm.

Made this one tonight, flashed on my Rogers S3 runnning CSRom and works no problem.

Props to the original Wallpaper designer.....I only added Samsung Galaxy SIII text.

Link below if anyone wants it.

XDA-SIII.zip
XDA_Dev_H0CKEY-copy.png

Made another:

TECHY.zip
DepthTechy_2_H0CKEY-copy2.png

Attachments

• xda-SIII.zip
    708.3 KB · Views: 41
  • techy.zip
    716.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Reactions: WhoWhere

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
Thanks for the .bat OP....works like a charm.

Made this one tonight, flashed on my Rogers S3 runnning CSRom and works no problem.

Props to the original Wallpaper designer.....I only added Samsung Galaxy SIII text.

Link below if anyone wants it.

XDA-SIII.zip
XDA_Dev_H0CKEY-copy.png

Made another:

TECHY.zip
DepthTechy_2_H0CKEY-copy2.png

Those are nice, good looks and good work!

Nov 20, 2012
Biloxi, MS
cron247 mind updating your main zip with this updater script?

http://pastebin.com/WPFrFukU

adds support for the d2cri, d2mtr, d2spi (Cricket, MetroPCS, CSpire respectively) sgs3 variants :)

Has the OP been updated with this script above? I have CSpire and would like to give this shot. If anyone knows if it has been updated to support cspire please let me know? Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010

Ditamae

Oct 30, 2010
Thanks so much for this tool! I recall something similar for the HTC G2 and I loved it. I'm trying to recreate something super minimal like the attached PNG. I can't decided whether I like black on white or white on black better.... but my main problem is clarity/quality. I'm working with pixlr as I don't have PS. If anyone would be willing to make this look smooth and sexy I would be much obliged! I'd donate to your cause as well (PayPal).

Dita

Attachments

• samsung_splash.jpg
    samsung_splash.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 675

jorv976

Feb 21, 2011
This is the Slapsh Screen.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363563278751.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363563278751.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 631

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Bump for awesome ness

------------------------
Sprint Galaxy S3
Whiplashh Rom
Look it up. :trooper:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This DOES NOT work on the i9300/note 2 and never will, please stop asking about it.

Please take all questions/discussion to the d2_vzw thread HERE because it is the only one I'll monitor!
    Thanks to the work of invisiblek and some Google searching I was able to come up with the following tool:

This tool takes a 720x1280 .PNG image and converts it to a recovery-flashable splash screen in a single click.

A video so you can see what this changes: http://youtu.be/XXaBJTVQ2Sw

How to use:
    Making your own splash screen:

0) Download and extract the .zip file
    1) Make a 720x1280 .png image you want to be your splash screen (this comes in-between the boot animation and the quick Samsung logo flash)
    2) Name it "initlogo.png" without the quotes
    3) Place it in the PNGtoConvert folder
    4) Run the "PNG-2-RLE.bat" file
    5) You are finished! A "flashthisinrecovery.zip" will appear in the same directory as the batch files. Just flash it in recovery and enjoy your new splash screen!

Note: If you want the .RLE and not the whole flashable, it can be found as "initlogo.rle" in the "kernel" folder or you can pull it from the kernel folder inside the "flashmeinrecovery.zip"

Converting an .RLE that you made back to a .PNG for editing:

0) Download an extract the .zip file
    1) Copy the "initlogo.rle" you want to convert to a .PNG to the RLEtoConvert folder. It must be named "initlogo.rle"
    2) Run the "RLE-2-PNG.bat"
    3) PNG will be in the PNGtoConvert folder named "initlogoOUTPUT.png"

Other notes:
    I have included the stock initlogo as a .PNG named "initlogoSTOCKBACKUP.png" for your reference/backup purposes. If you want to test the tool with it, remember to rename it to initlogo.png
    If you flash a new kernel/rom the splash will revert to stock. To get it back, just flash the "flashmeinrecovery.zip" again. You don't need to reconvert it or anything.

This has only been tested with the d2_vzw but will work with all USA (S4 CPU) variants!

Credits:
    invisiblek for the recovery zip scripting
    Yagya Gaire @ http://yagyagaire.blogspot.com for the original conversion tools

Download Here: http://d-h.st/F2A

As always, even though this tool has been tested, nobody is responsible to damage to your phone except yourself!
    here we go. without the logo and with the Galaxy S logo.

splash1.png

splash2.png

splash3.png
    Some splash screens I mocked up. I did not create any of the images used, they are from some of my favorite wallpapers and images. All credit to original designers, I just mixed and matched the images and colored in some stuff

Click on the titles to download (tested in TWRP Recovery, latest)

Aperture Splash

Aperture.png

Domo Splash

Domo.png

DOPE Splash

Dope.png

Pirate Splash

Pirate.png

Enjoy!
    Anyone wanna create a sick Team Sonic Splash screen? :D
    here we go. without the logo and with the Galaxy S logo.

Thanks. Now the next step, obviously, is to create a bootanimation from this png with the Android head tilted open and the jar filling up with jelly beans then Android's head closing. Who's gonna do this?