[Q] Rolling back from NAE without bootloader

Search This thread
Feb 7, 2013
As we all know attempting to roll back NAE trips knox...but it's been stated that rolling back without rolling b ask the bootloader will not trip knox...but this is unconfirmed. ..has anyone tried it? Anyone willing to?

And let's say I want to try it myself...I've never used Odin before now so how would you set it up to flash just the ROM?

leaderbuilder

If you have the true Knox Bootloader - took the OTA or flashed via Odin...
As of now you CANNOT go back to a non-knoxed bootloader.
If you wish to try what has been done, probably hundreds if not thousands of times and try - go ahead. You'll find that out.
Your question is brought up a few times a week, sometimes a day here.

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
"Rolling back without rolling"? As leader stated you cannot roll back via Odin to a previous OTA build. And that is not what trips Knox. Rooting doesn't even trip Knox. Its installing a custom recovery that trips Knox.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Syntaxerror999

Menardo

"Rolling back without rolling"? As leader stated you cannot roll back via Odin to a previous OTA build. And that is not what trips Knox. Rooting doesn't even trip Knox. Its installing a custom recovery that trips Knox.

If i've already tripped knox, can i still install a custom recovery and flash the nae roms?

Feb 7, 2013

Ment to say "rolling back without rolling back the bootloader"...apparently auto correct decided I ment to say something else.

So basically. ..The attempt would just fail..and that's it..Ok all I needed to know...and thanks for the clarification on the custom recovery thing. I've read conflicting info.

VancityStl

Oct 3, 2013

So I took the OTA to 4.4.2, are you saying that there is a way I can root my phone without triggering know? Is a custom recovery necessary?

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
So I took the OTA to 4.4.2, are you saying that there is a way I can root my phone without triggering know? Is a custom recovery necessary?

there was with 4.3 using Kingo app or Saferoot. But it seems neither have been updated to work with 4.4.2. CF auto root is the only way i know right now to root and that roots the phone my installing a temporary custom recovery which trips knox. so as of now there is no way to root 4.4.2 without tripping knox.

Reactions: VancityStl

VancityStl

Oct 3, 2013
there was with 4.3 using Kingo app or Saferoot. But it seems neither have been updated to work with 4.4.2. CF auto root is the only way i know right now to root and that roots the phone my installing a temporary custom recovery which trips knox. so as of now there is no way to root 4.4.2 without tripping knox.

Right that's what I thought. I know I kept up with my homework and reading but I thought perhaps I missed something..lol. Thanks!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If i've already tripped knox, can i still install a custom recovery and flash the nae roms?

Yes you can.