[TOOL] loki tool to loki recovery images on-device

Search This thread

RK

Feb 8, 2012
Since a lot of new custom recoveries are being built without loki due to the unified builds, I made this tool to loki recoveries.

Procedure:

1) flash your favorite recovery
2) flash the attached loki_recovery.zip

Thanks @Phil3759 for loki updater scripts and @djrbliss for finding the exploit and attn1 for loki-doki.zip

This will only loki the recovery in your recovery partition. This will NOT loki ROMs or kernels.

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
T

trillog

what does this mean/tool do exactly?

I know it allows to flash custom roms, but will this work for mk2?

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
Since a lot of new custom recoveries are being built without loki due to the unified builds, I made this tool to loki recoveries.

Procedure:

Thanks @Phil3759 for loki updater scripts and @djrbliss for finding the exploit.

DOWNLOAD

I'm not sure what is going on here. Loki-Doki was introduced by attn1 sometime around May of 2013. It is the flashable script that Loki's recoveries, Kernels, and Roms that are not already LOKI'd. It only works for MDB and MDL firmwares on AT&T because that is all that LOKI works for with AT&T..

So what is this all about?

RK

Feb 8, 2012
I'm not sure what is going on here. Loki-Doki was introduced by attn1 sometime around May of 2013. It is the flashable script that Loki's recoveries, Kernels, and Roms that are not already LOKI'd. It only works for MDB and MDL firmwares on AT&T because that is all that LOKI works for with AT&T..

So what is this all about?

The loki-doki zip I could find does not Loki recoveries. It only Loki's ROMs and kernels. This zip loki's recoveries. That's all..

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

oka1

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
From the moderator

To the OP Make sure If you are not part of the Loki team that you have permission to use and make sure you provide credit.

Thanks ~~~ oka1

RK

Feb 8, 2012
To the OP Make sure If you are not part of the Loki team that you have permission to use and make sure you provide credit.

Thanks ~~~ oka1

Not to sound rude but I really did not know (and still don't) that there was a Loki team. I used stuff from @Phil3759's recovery zips and the original loki-doki.zip from attn1 as a guideline. If there is such a team, please do tell me who the members are in a pm and I will take the OP down till I get permission from them.

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
Not to sound rude but I really did not know (and still don't) that there was a Loki team. I used stuff from @Phil3759's recovery zips and the original loki-doki.zip from attn1 as a guideline. If there is such a team, please do tell me who the members are in a pm and I will take the OP down till I get permission from them.

attn1 said that people can freely use his work for further development. However, generally, it's usually good form to recognize those that your work is based on. I agree with you that this could be very useful as long as people understand what it is for and the it will only work with MDB and MDL builds. My concern was that people will confuse this with LOKI-DOKI and that would cause a lot of issues. Unfortunately, you can explain 100 times in a thread what it is or isn't and it is always the responsibility of individuals to do their own research and reading, but the truth is, the name alone would throw people off. So changing the title is probably a good thing for their sakes.

RK

Feb 8, 2012
attn1 said that people can freely use his work for further development. However, generally, it's usually good form to recognize those that your work is based on. I agree with you that this could be very useful as long as people understand what it is for and the it will only work with MDB and MDL builds. My concern was that people will confuse this with LOKI-DOKI and that would cause a lot of issues. Unfortunately, you can explain 100 times in a thread what it is or isn't and it is always the responsibility of individuals to do their own research and reading, but the truth is, the name alone would throw people off. So changing the title is probably a good thing for their sakes.

Thank you sir! How do you like the OP now :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Procedure:

Thanks @Phil3759 for loki updater scripts and @djrbliss for finding the exploit and attn1 for loki-doki.zip

This will only loki the recovery in your recovery partition. This will NOT loki ROMs or kernels.

DOWNLOAD