*TrackMe* GPS/CellID Tracking tool for Google Earth & Google Maps

Search This thread

mmoroz

Nov 24, 2007
thank you for the fun program!

small problem -- i must be missing something very simple

trackme works fine -- the log shows everything is uploaded to the server correctly:

Uploading ...
Position addded correctly
Generating remote kml file
Remote kml file generated correctly
Skipped: dist. .99 meters
etc etc

but when I'm trying to use Google Maps (or direct URL) to view the kml file, it's not there. I even changed my username to try it again, but no luck. I checked the URL many times, it seems correct:

http://luisespinosa.com/trackme/routes/(my username).kml

tried http://luisespinosa.com:80/ etc etc as well

error is "page not found"

also, when I tried to login to http://luisespinosa.com/trackme/index.php, it wouldn't let me (says username/password incorrect).

Thanks!

grizzley

Oct 6, 2007
To give some relief to staryon's server and to give benifits to others, I'd like to find an easy way to setup accouts on my server for other people to use this application with a database of their own.

jcleek

Mar 18, 2006
www.mobilegadgetnews.com
1) I want to add a link to my personal web page, so others can see my location on Google map. How do I use this link to auto log-on or how do I add username/password to the link, so it would log-on automatically (http://luisespinosa.com/trackme/index.php)?

2) That web page shows my last location but it doesn't display the Trip. Does the Show Trip work for others?

Thanks for any help...

PS. THANKS for the TrackMe program. It is very cool.

http://luisespinosa.com/trackme/index.php?username=????????&password=????????

Obviously you need to replace the ??????'s with your real user name and password.

And yes, the web page is working correctly displaying both trips and current location.

jcleek

Mar 18, 2006
www.mobilegadgetnews.com
thank you for the fun program!

small problem -- i must be missing something very simple

trackme works fine -- the log shows everything is uploaded to the server correctly:

Uploading ...
Position addded correctly
Generating remote kml file
Remote kml file generated correctly
Skipped: dist. .99 meters
etc etc

but when I'm trying to use Google Maps (or direct URL) to view the kml file, it's not there. I even changed my username to try it again, but no luck. I checked the URL many times, it seems correct:

http://luisespinosa.com/trackme/routes/(my username).kml

tried http://luisespinosa.com:80/ etc etc as well

error is "page not found"

also, when I tried to login to http://luisespinosa.com/trackme/index.php, it wouldn't let me (says username/password incorrect).

Thanks!

Did you check the boxes to create the remote KML file? Its in the config section under the REALTIME TRACKING tab.

jcleek

Mar 18, 2006
www.mobilegadgetnews.com
To give some relief to staryon's server and to give benifits to others, I'd like to find an easy way to setup accouts on my server for other people to use this application with a database of their own.

The application will work on your server just like it works on Staryon's server. If you have the files installed and it works for you it will work for anyone. They can create an account on your server just like they do on Staryon's (automatically with the PDA application).

chrisash32

Jan 20, 2007
hi everyone!
top software, i have spent ages trying to find something like this!!
Quick question / development idea....
My Mrs came up with this as she has a Vario III as well...
Would it be possible for a "panic" feature to be introduced?? so literally a button on the phone is re-mapped so on a press and hold, it generates an "alarm" or "red alert" which sends a txt message of her location (or google maps url etc) to a specified number / email address? etc etc.

Just an idea... i thought it was a good one!

Thanks again!
Top app!

Chris

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
hi guys

I'm sorry that you guys haven't heard from me for a few days.
I was on travel overseas and I finally I have access to my computer.

jcleek, I checked my email but I didn't got anything from you.
Could you send me your latest changes?

Thanks

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
I've been messing around with TrackMe over the last week or so doing local tracking throughout the day in preparation for a trip abroad next week. It does eat battery as can be expected but it will survive the day with a usb battery pack to assist.

I've noticed one odd thing, I have the GPS set to get a fix every 2 minutes with power down inbetween, for the first couple of hours of run time it seems to run ok, after a while however, the status field shows 'Searching for satellites...' inbetween each fix indicating (to me) that the GPS hasn't actually powered down. This doesnt affect the fix's which proceed as normal but if it is the case is certainly having an adverse effect on my battery life! Unfortunatly I don't know any way of finding out directly if the GPS is powered or not to prove this theory!

Am I simply misinterpreting the status field here?

I will check it out.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
1) I want to add a link to my personal web page, so others can see my location on Google map. How do I use this link to auto log-on or how do I add username/password to the link, so it would log-on automatically (http://luisespinosa.com/trackme/index.php)?

2) That web page shows my last location but it doesn't display the Trip. Does the Show Trip work for others?

Thanks for any help...

PS. THANKS for the TrackMe program. It is very cool.

You can try this:

Code:
http://luisespinosa.com/trackme/index.php?username=YOUR_USER&password=YOUR_PASSWORD

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
hi everyone!
Would it be possible for a "panic" feature to be introduced?? so literally a button on the phone is re-mapped so on a press and hold, it generates an "alarm" or "red alert" which sends a txt message of her location (or google maps url etc) to a specified number / email address? etc etc.

Thanks again!
Top app!

Chris

not sure man... it there is more interest from other users I may do it. At this moment I have many new things to add so I cannot promise I will implement this.

Regards

odie3

Sep 7, 2005
Texas
ghostdogs.net
hi everyone!

Thanks again!
Top app!

Chris

This is a pretty good idea and one my Dad brought up when I was telling/showing him my TrackMe Web page...

ishkatar

Oct 21, 2007
Staryion:
Awesome software!!
Just to let you know that the TrackMe_Server.zip file is corrupted. I'm getting and error when extracting the files (Error in file #1: bad Zip file offset (Error local header signature not found): disk #1 offset: 14063).
Can you please check?

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Last weekend while I was on the plane, I run TrackMe for a few minutes.
I think it worked very well, here is a screenshot: :D

nowhereqr4.jpg

karmacop

Jun 22, 2007
Not updating from GPS

Hi Guys

I've been using trackme on my Prophet with a Bluetooth GPS for about a month and have been really impressed. Last week i recently became the owner of a Touch Dual, I've install the latest version of Trackme but im having an issue.

When i set the software going, it grabs the initial co-ords from the gps and updates to the website perfectly, but afte that, all i get is the message about skipping update cos ive not moved. If i turn off the option to skip updates if i havent moved X meters, it updates to the website, but the co-ord stays the same. Its like once its got the initial co-ords it cant get anymore from the gps.

I've tried a number of things, including getting trackme to use the bluetooth comport directly, via the WM6 gps sharing utility and even with Franson GPSGate, but the result is the same.
I've also tried uninstalling, manually removing the settings file and then reinstalling but that dont work either.

My gps device is working fine as I can use google maps to track my location.

Im using the latest version, which i beleive is 2.3.0.39.

Does anyone have any ideas as Im really stumped.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That would be amazing if an android version was produced!

I've been using the windows mobile version on my old phone for a charity bike ride we do across Europe every year, and it really does work a treat! It would be great if I only had to take one phone..

Thanks for your help, and if you need any assistance testing it....

Android version is looking good so far. I have been able to read from the GPS and upload the data to the server.
    Now I need to work in the offline mode, user settings and interface.
    Hopefully I will have something soon!
    ANDROID VERSION NOW AVAILABLE!!

I just published it in the marketplace. Not sure when it will show up.
    I also created a post in the Android forums. Please use that thread from now on.
    Here is the link

I hope people like it...
    Any news about Android version? This is only program that I miss at windows mobile.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I'm probably getting the phone this week. Hopefully I will start working on it the next one.
    +1 For an Android version.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Well..then I have good news for you! :)

The company that acquired TrackMe for WM has asked me to write a version for Android so I will start working on this in the next few weeks! :cool:

By the way, the interest for the WP7 is growing so I plan to release a new update soon too.
    Hi! Thank you for the new release of W7 App TrackMe. I'm still with my old TP2 phone and use WM 6.5 I think to switch with Android soon, do you plan to make an Android version ?

Have a good day!

JmCourir