[ROM] ZombieStomped (D2 Leaked GB Motoblur build)

Search This thread

Jboxen

Feb 21, 2010
Rochester
:) ZombieStomped 1.2(Full market patch now available) :)

Before I say anything, I would like to thank Jrummy for helping me with this as much as he did, also for bearing with me through all of my annoying questions. :p

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Imoseyon for looking over my code and for all of his awesome kernel tweaks.

^Without these two people the Droid X/2 rom community would be totally lame^

For my first release I made a fairly basic build. That being said however, there are a lot of tweaks that will definitely be noticeable in battery life and performance. Also I wanted this to be very easy for everyone. After the initial install I have made all of the performance adjustments for you. Install it and you're good to go!

ZombieStomped 1.2:
Changes:
-redid the entire base
-no longer optipnged
-everything Social Networking wise is working
-added the build version in about phone(screenshot below)
-added vvm back in for those who use it
-all known bugs have been squashed
-added nano! (Thanks Jrummy!!!)

ZombieStomped 1.0:
Init.d support:
-local.prop redraw hack (I found a lot more redraws in GB compared to Froyo)
-interactive governor by default (much faster than ondemand)
-logger disabled (Better performance and battery life)
-sysctl tweaks
-cron, purge vm caches twice per day as GB is a high RAM OS
-decided against minfree tweaks as it would probably just cause more redraws

All apps fully optimized:
-Deodexed
-Zipaligned on every boot
-Optipnged
-Bloat apps removed

Other features:
-CHARGE LIGHT!
-build.prop edits
-updated busybox to work with cron
-CRT screen off animation (don't set window animations to fast in spare parts or it won't work)
-added spare parts

How to install ZombieStomped:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YOU MUST ALREADY BE RUNNING THE OFFICIAL DROID 2 GB LEAK WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

If you are running the official Droid 2 GB leak then:

-bootstrap recovery
-reboot into bootstrap recovery
-MAKE A BACKUP
-Wipe data/factory reset
-Install ZombieStomped1.2zip
-Reboot

Your phone may appear to bootloop once on the initial install, do not be alarmed! It is just a part of the zipaligning process.

On the first boot it you're phone may reboot, this is normal and a side effect of the interactive gov on first boot..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Download Zombiestomped 1.2:
Get it here!!!
Download the full market patch:
Full market download
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

^Install the full market patch through clockwork, no wipe required!^

If you are having problems downloading from mediafire, clear your browsers cache and cookies, then try again.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER, I'll retweet the good hype ;)
@jakebites

Screenshots:

15qrryw.jpg

DISCLAIMER
I am not responsible for anything that may go wrong with you're device after installing this. If something did go wrong, chances are you didn't follow directions correctly.

Last edited:

gamenahd

Nov 11, 2010
Hmm..any other feedback? Would love to hear if this works for others. Also do you need to be running the deodexed version of the leaked ROM before installing this or what?

stevenege

Nov 18, 2009
Fishers, IN
Tried again, same result.

Bootstrap, wipe, install. After install it just hangs at M and seems to do this because it is not a recognized ROM and the phone is trying to authenticate it.

Womp womp :-/

gamenahd

Nov 11, 2010
Try redownloading? It flashed fine for me, but I can't seem to download anything from the market

wwonka69

Jan 26, 2011
I installed this rom yesterday and it is nice and fast no issues so far.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

tattedupboy

Jan 5, 2011
It won't let me download the zip file. Does whether I'm doing it from my phone or a computer make a difference?

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

JonandRoid

Aug 31, 2010
Durham, NC
wow, pretty impressed

im very happy with the gingerbread and thank you very much for developing a fix for it. i have a few things to say, its fast, looks better, functions better, and shows high quadrants. i oc'd it to 1.2 at first and got 2059 and oc'd at 1.1 i got 1866...thats the highest quadrants ive ever seen on any rom for my droid 2 with any kind of overclocking settings period. but i think its awesome with the crt zoom out when you turn the screen off and the visual animations are pretty awesome. definitely worth the wait and its working almost flawlessly. the little led notification in the top right portion of my screen doesnt seem to work at all and sometimes i have to restart my phone due to the poor volume in the headset when a call comes in (can barely hear anything) but i heard thats a gb issue for the droid 2 before you "fixed" some things. also i would be interested to see exactly what apks you can remove from system/app because theres a lot of bloat ware and i renamed/deleted a lot of the stuff i know i wouldnt use but accidentally removed some very important files (idr which ones) but i had to sbf and do it all over again to have a functioning phone so if theres a list of removable apks somewhere for gb maybe someone could post a link? thanks for all the hard work again! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• screenshot_2.jpg
    screenshot_2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 243
  • screenshot_3.jpg
    screenshot_3.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 240

wwonka69

Jan 26, 2011
I installed ZS 1.5 right on top of 1.2 and have had no problems at all.
It took a few minutes for it to get up to speed but now it seems faster than before.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :) ZombieStomped 1.2(Full market patch now available) :)

Before I say anything, I would like to thank Jrummy for helping me with this as much as he did, also for bearing with me through all of my annoying questions. :p

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Imoseyon for looking over my code and for all of his awesome kernel tweaks.

^Without these two people the Droid X/2 rom community would be totally lame^

For my first release I made a fairly basic build. That being said however, there are a lot of tweaks that will definitely be noticeable in battery life and performance. Also I wanted this to be very easy for everyone. After the initial install I have made all of the performance adjustments for you. Install it and you're good to go!

ZombieStomped 1.2:
    Changes:
    -redid the entire base
    -no longer optipnged
    -everything Social Networking wise is working
    -added the build version in about phone(screenshot below)
    -added vvm back in for those who use it
    -all known bugs have been squashed
    -added nano! (Thanks Jrummy!!!)

ZombieStomped 1.0:
    Init.d support:
    -local.prop redraw hack (I found a lot more redraws in GB compared to Froyo)
    -interactive governor by default (much faster than ondemand)
    -logger disabled (Better performance and battery life)
    -sysctl tweaks
    -cron, purge vm caches twice per day as GB is a high RAM OS
    -decided against minfree tweaks as it would probably just cause more redraws

All apps fully optimized:
    -Deodexed
    -Zipaligned on every boot
    -Optipnged
    -Bloat apps removed

Other features:
    -CHARGE LIGHT!
    -build.prop edits
    -updated busybox to work with cron
    -CRT screen off animation (don't set window animations to fast in spare parts or it won't work)
    -added spare parts

How to install ZombieStomped:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    YOU MUST ALREADY BE RUNNING THE OFFICIAL DROID 2 GB LEAK WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

If you are running the official Droid 2 GB leak then:

-bootstrap recovery
    -reboot into bootstrap recovery
    -MAKE A BACKUP
    -Wipe data/factory reset
    -Install ZombieStomped1.2zip
    -Reboot

Your phone may appear to bootloop once on the initial install, do not be alarmed! It is just a part of the zipaligning process.

On the first boot it you're phone may reboot, this is normal and a side effect of the interactive gov on first boot..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Download Zombiestomped 1.2:
    Get it here!!!
    Download the full market patch:
    Full market download
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

^Install the full market patch through clockwork, no wipe required!^

If you are having problems downloading from mediafire, clear your browsers cache and cookies, then try again.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER, I'll retweet the good hype ;)
    @jakebites

Screenshots:

15qrryw.jpg

DISCLAIMER
    I am not responsible for anything that may go wrong with you're device after installing this. If something did go wrong, chances are you didn't follow directions correctly.
    ZS sounds cool, but before I take the plunge, is the keyboard backlight problem fixed? Apparently the keyboard backlighting stops working from time to time on the leaked GB update, and locking/unlocking will sometimes fix it.

That's really all that's stopping me from loading the GB leak.

I'm still running 1.5 and the keyboard lights sometimes don't work as well as the softkey buttons. I can't speak for 1.6 though. I was considering making the jump to 1.6, but he has a teaser for 1.7 now so I can wait.
    For the most part though my keyboard lights stay on more often than they are off.
    I have a Droid 2 using version 2.3.20.A955...can i install ZombieStomped on my D2?
    I knowit soundsstupid to ask but would really love to install this rom..THANKS !

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB using Tapatalk

"YOU MUST ALREADY BE RUNNING THE OFFICIAL DROID 2 GB LEAK WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE."

In the first post find this line, follow the link, and install gingerbread. After that step you can install this rom.