Galaxy Ace 2 i8160 - Boot Loop, Not charging, Can't open recovery.

Search This thread

HB53

Dec 22, 2013
Hi.

I've run into a issue with my Galaxy Ace 2. It won't boot, I can't access recovery and I can't charge it.

My phone was working fine last night (12th October). When I woke up my phone was frozen so I took the battery out and tried turning it back on, this is when it only showed the "Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-i8160" screen and it stays on it and it does not go past this screen. I searched up fixes and so on, I used Odin and put the Official i8160 firmware which it went through and passed. But even after that my phone will not turn on and still stays on the same screen.

Even after using Odin to put in the Official Rom, I used Vol Up+Home+Power to try and go into recovery, but after the second time the "Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-i8160" screen comes up it will take me to a grey screen and will not proceed to the recovery menu no matter how long I leave it and how long I hold down the home button.

I can not charge my phone because when I plug it in via USB, it will give me the loading screen that shows before the charging screen shows and it will crash on that loading screen. If I try to use a mains charger, it will automatically turn on the phone giving me the logo screen and will stay on the screen. I have tried all known soft brick fixes but still does not help.

All help will be useful. I need my phone everyday. Thank you.

Last edited:

pawix9

Mar 29, 2015
Realme GT 2
Maybe try flash 2.3.6.

Wyklepane na Redmi 3 Pro

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

If it not work, try flash 3 file Rom with pit file.

Wyklepane na Redmi 3 Pro

HB53

Dec 22, 2013
Maybe try flash 2.3.6.

Wyklepane na Redmi 3 Pro

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

If it not work, try flash 3 file Rom with pit file.

Wyklepane na Redmi 3 Pro

Any idea where to get the 2.3.6? and I did try a PIT file first time but it didn't allow me to use one

pawix9

Mar 29, 2015
Realme GT 2
Here is the one: https://samsung-firmware.org/download/Galaxy Ace 2/q471/XME/I8160DXMA1/I8160OLBMA1/

It's for malysia, but not dangerous for Phone.

Wyklepane na Redmi 3 Pro

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

fe785369df3d2580c5fc799651b345c9.jpg

This is my ace with broken screen, also it work.

Wyklepane na Redmi 3 Pro

jfbuendia

Mar 1, 2017
Hello, I am a newbie here.I just want to know more about upgrading my samsung galaxy ace 2 gt-i8160. I don't have enough knowledge and courage to update or even optimize my android device.Thanks and more power.
Sent from my A11w using XDA Free mobile app

Kurajmo

Aug 19, 2012
Radomsko
Hello, I am a newbie here.I just want to know more about upgrading my samsung galaxy ace 2 gt-i8160. I don't have enough knowledge and courage to update or even optimize my android device.Thanks and more power.
All knowledge is here in Xda
Just upgrade with odin to official jb 4.1.2 mg2
And flash temp cwm recovery. And flash any custom rom.
I recommend cm11 from Ace2nutzer is Best rom for old Ace 2