New Xperia play rooted

Search This thread

ichigo786

Dec 7, 2009
Hi, i've rooted my xperia play and wanted to know if their was a custom ROM out there that had everything working like stock.

Secondly, I have a pre loaded 8GB card on here, is there any way to increase internal app memory, maybe make 500 mb of the sd card part of it.

And anyone have a list of good games, that use the controller and aren't memory hogs on the phone.

PS can I use app2sd?? Also have attached pic of the ABOUT PHONE section on the play.

thank you

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329987425372.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329987425372.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 77

elspanish88

May 26, 2011
London
Hi, i've rooted my xperia play and wanted to know if their was a custom ROM out there that had everything working like stock.

Secondly, I have a pre loaded 8GB card on here, is there any way to increase internal app memory, maybe make 500 mb of the sd card part of it.

And anyone have a list of good games, that use the controller and aren't memory hogs on the phone.

PS can I use app2sd?? Also have attached pic of the ABOUT PHONE section on the play.

thank you

you will need your bootloader unlocked (if it isn't already) before you can flash custom roms... and aboyut the games and controller, most custom roms have a glitch that the circle only acts as a back button so dont really work as a control any more,

my opinion (and thats just it an opinion) stick with stock/stock-based if you want to use your controller with normal games! (emulators work fine as you can manually assign keys)

Reactions: ichigo786

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
for apps on ext partition. load recovery click partition sd card it will format sd card. then download Link2sd from market and follow steps. Darkforest 3.0.5 is best stock based rom imho

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

ichigo786

Dec 7, 2009
Hi, can someone tell me if the Darkforest 3.0.5 stock rom has everything working just like a stock rom ? gamepad, touch etc

Also is the battery life any good or should i change kernels?

Lastly i am going to format my sd card and do the Links2sd as mentioned above, i wanted to know if installing the Darkforest is as simple as just placing it on my external SD booting up to CWM and then flashing the ROM...?

thank you for any help (and for the help already given greatly appreciate it)

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net
Hi, can someone tell me if the Darkforest 3.0.5 stock rom has everything working just like a stock rom ? gamepad, touch etc

Lastly i am going to format my sd card and do the Links2sd as mentioned above, i wanted to know if installing the Darkforest is as simple as just placing it on my external SD booting up to CWM and then flashing the ROM...?

yes to all (doomlord kernel is best )

ShahinTehShiz

Jun 16, 2011
London
Hey, I'm in the same position, and was wondering if someone could link me to CWM for locked bootloaders, and to Darkforest 3.0.5? Also what would I have to do if a newer version of Darkforest comes out?

cornishronson

Feb 7, 2012
Cornwall
Unlocking your Bootloader is well worth doing.

Owner of Asus Transformer TF101 with Dock [Rooted][Stock(ICS)ROM]

And.. Xperia Play R800i [Rooted][DarkForestROM3.0.5][DooMKernelOC1.6_Governor=SmartAssV2_I/Oscheduler=Deadline][BaseBand=36][RAMmanagerPro=Balanced(MoreFreeMemory)][ZeamLauncher][SDext2=1GB][Link2SD'd][280mbFreeInternalSpace]:D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thank you

you will need your bootloader unlocked (if it isn't already) before you can flash custom roms... and aboyut the games and controller, most custom roms have a glitch that the circle only acts as a back button so dont really work as a control any more,

my opinion (and thats just it an opinion) stick with stock/stock-based if you want to use your controller with normal games! (emulators work fine as you can manually assign keys)
    for apps on ext partition. load recovery click partition sd card it will format sd card. then download Link2sd from market and follow steps. Darkforest 3.0.5 is best stock based rom imho

yes to all (doomlord kernel is best )