The cell phone trade game

Search This thread

monkor

Mar 22, 2012
DC
I feel bad about opening up another thread and I apologize if this is the wrong board for this already, but you guys are without a doubt the most knowledgeable people on phones I've ever read/talked to so I need your advice...

My starting point: Samsung Exhibit 4G (mint condition)
My goal: MT4GS (found a seller willing to give me one for $230)

I'm about to pull the trigger on a phone swap for a MT4G. I also have to throw in $25. Is that a good deal? I feel like it is because then I can sell that MT4G for like $200 then just pay for the rest.

wiswis

Aug 17, 2011
I was just looking in ebay and i saw a mytouch 4g slide for 170

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reactions: monkor

monkor

Mar 22, 2012
DC
Every time I try to get one on Ebay, I feel like I'm getting bamboozled! I've bid on so many auctions in the past few days, to no success. I almost won one for 175, then the seller cancelled the entire thing.

wiswis

Aug 17, 2011
Every time I try to get one on Ebay, I feel like I'm getting bamboozled! I've bid on so many auctions in the past few days, to no success. I almost won one for 175, then the seller cancelled the entire thing.

Tht sucks

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
4g slide in good condition on craigslist is in the 275-300 range.

Scratch and dent beat up phones get 100-200 generally.

I've been trying to find a good silver one for a while now, and if I wanted something abused I could get one in a snap. Finding one that's actually been taken care of and will last me a while instead of crapping out immediately takes more $

monkor

Mar 22, 2012
DC
4g slide in good condition on craigslist is in the 275-300 range.

Scratch and dent beat up phones get 100-200 generally.

I've been trying to find a good silver one for a while now, and if I wanted something abused I could get one in a snap. Finding one that's actually been taken care of and will last me a while instead of crapping out immediately takes more $

Exactly. I'm picking one up for $150 tomorrow, hopefully in good enough condition. The guy is a military man so he says he takes care of his stuff, but we'll see. I'm a stickler for cosmetic issues, as I firmly believe it points to other potential hardware faults on the phone. If you drop it a lot, chances are it's not going to function up to snuff. I'm careful to the point where someone might consider it OCD, but whatever because I can sell my phones back as mint condition later on.

wjcarpenter

Dec 18, 2010
I also watch these on eBay. You really don't see many used ones that are cosmetically in great shape. That silver bezel, especially, seems to attract a lot of nicks.

FWIW, YMMV, .... :)

monkor

Mar 22, 2012
DC
I also watch these on eBay. You really don't see many used ones that are cosmetically in great shape. That silver bezel, especially, seems to attract a lot of nicks.

FWIW, YMMV, .... :)

That silver bezel, and the phone in and of itself, seems to dent easier than playdough! Not the screen, mind you, but everything else. I actually found a really, really good deal on a mint condition LG G2x ($170). What would you say about getting that? I mean it doesn't have the keyboard, but it has a pretty large screen that may work. Not to mention an 8MP camera, 1Ghz dual-core processor. The downsides are less ppi and less ram, and obviously the keyboard. I don't know if I'd be taking a step back or not...

marc12868

Feb 12, 2011
Spokane Valley, WA
That silver bezel, and the phone in and of itself, seems to dent easier than playdough! Not the screen, mind you, but everything else. I actually found a really, really good deal on a mint condition LG G2x ($170). What would you say about getting that? I mean it doesn't have the keyboard, but it has a pretty large screen that may work. Not to mention an 8MP camera, 1Ghz dual-core processor. The downsides are less ppi and less ram, and obviously the keyboard. I don't know if I'd be taking a step back or not...

Not too mention that it seems everyone who owns one hates it... something to think about.

godbilla

Jan 26, 2011

Lol, I know what ya mean around november when I was trying to get my phone I won a brand new in box mt4gs for 275. Then AFTER I won and paid he canceled without my concent and I had my money in paypal limbo for 2 weeks. And he had the nerve to repost the item for 350.

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk

monkor

Mar 22, 2012
DC
Someone stood me up for a mt4gs today, I found a 200 dollar sensation bnib from a cop who got a work phone, picked it up today. I surprisingly like it during the experimental phase...may not when need it for actual work

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was just looking in ebay and i saw a mytouch 4g slide for 170