Cwm 6.0.1.0 11gb blob folder

Search This thread

Regulus49001

Aug 29, 2011
yzemezyz.jpg

Am I doing something wrong? This is massive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kyokeun1234

Sep 25, 2011
Niagara Falls ON Canada
This is all the data and info that you've backed up using Clockworkmod recovery. This is one of 6.0.1 "update". Apparently, this will save you some storage when you backup up multiple ROMs. Don't delete it, or the restoring would not be successful. If you want to delete a backup, either delete using file explorer or ROM manager. Then you reboot to recovery. Then the recovery will delete certain portion of the data in blob file that matches the deleted backup.
personally don't like it, so I use TWRP :p

Hope this answered your question

Regulus49001

Aug 29, 2011
Will convert to twrp. Thanks. Just didn't know if that massive file size was normal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Regulus49001

Aug 29, 2011
Nobody forced me into anything. I've been thinking about switching to twrp for a while now anyway. I prefer their UI to CWM. I've just used CWM since my days with my Droid Inc and EVO. TWRP was incredibly easy to convert to and I am currently making twrp back ups on both my Galaxy Nexus and my Nexus 7. I didn't have any old back ups that I couldn't live without in CWM. Now when I get rid of the CWM I can just delete the blobs folder and get that 11 gb back right? Plus I'm looking forward to using my USB OTG to store my backups. They have always been the one thing that has dominated my storage.

kyokeun1234

Sep 25, 2011
Niagara Falls ON Canada
Nobody forced me into anything. I've been thinking about switching to twrp for a while now anyway. I prefer their UI to CWM. I've just used CWM since my days with my Droid Inc and EVO. TWRP was incredibly easy to convert to and I am currently making twrp back ups on both my Galaxy Nexus and my Nexus 7. I didn't have any old back ups that I couldn't live without in CWM. Now when I get rid of the CWM I can just delete the blobs folder and get that 11 gb back right? Plus I'm looking forward to using my USB OTG to store my backups. They have always been the one thing that has dominated my storage.

Oh OK. Well, you'll love TWRP then :) Good luck!

VA3PFxdadev

Feb 8, 2013
removing CWM

This is all the data and info that you've backed up using Clockworkmod recovery. This is one of 6.0.1 "update". Apparently, this will save you some storage when you backup up multiple ROMs. Don't delete it, or the restoring would not be successful. If you want to delete a backup, either delete using file explorer or ROM manager. Then you reboot to recovery. Then the recovery will delete certain portion of the data in blob file that matches the deleted backup.
personally don't like it, so I use TWRP :p

Hope this answered your question

Question: I have both (CWM and TWRP) on the system and want to get rid of CWM with everything as I have backups from TWRP.
Can I just delete the clockworkmod folder?