Crud Scraper - automatic uninstaller

Search This thread

pyromosh

Nov 5, 2009
Hello,

I just wanted to announce a little app I wrote in response to a request over here.

In a nutshell it just goes through your device, checks against a list of software in a config file, and lets you check off the ones you'd like to uninstall. Then it removes those apps from your file system and the registry.

This is my first windows mobile app. It's fairly simple, but if anyone finds any bugs, please let me know.

Right now there is only a config file for the HTC Tilt 2. If anyone would like to write a config file for other devices (Rhodium or not), I've included documentation on how to do so, and I'd be happy to help.

You can grab the Tilt 2 version of Crud Scraper here.

Screen01.png

Last edited:

dwizzy130

Nov 14, 2007
Hello,

I just wanted to announce a little app I wrote in response to a request over here.

In a nutshell it just goes through your device, checks against a list of software in a config file, and lets you check off the ones you'd like to uninstall. Then it removes those apps from your file system and the registry.

This is my first windows mobile app. It's fairly simple, but if anyone finds any bugs, please let me know.

Right now there is only a config file for the HTC Tilt 2. If anyone would like to write a config file for other devices (Rhodium or not), I've included documentation on how to do so, and I'd be happy to help.

You can grab the Tilt 2 version of Crud Scraper here.

Screen01.png

So essentially this is an uninstaller that gets rid of everything left by an app?

dwizzy130

pyromosh

Nov 5, 2009
Can you post the cab right here? I have an aggressive firewall that I don't control that prohibits your linked site as 'Free Pages' ..sheesh!

I didn't even realize the files could be hosted here as a normal user. I've just edited the main post of this thread to include the file you'll need.

Bear in mind that it's not a cab though. It's a zip file containing an exe and a config file for the Tilt 2. Just save those to the same folder on your device, run the exe, and the rest is self explanatory.

dwizzy130

Nov 14, 2007
I didn't even realize the files could be hosted here as a normal user. I've just edited the main post of this thread to include the file you'll need.

Bear in mind that it's not a cab though. It's a zip file containing an exe and a config file for the Tilt 2. Just save those to the same folder on your device, run the exe, and the rest is self explanatory.

If you want me to cab it for you just ask cause it'll take me 2 seconds...

dwizzy130

bennyj71

Feb 23, 2008
New Orleans
Tried it on my Tilt2 unfortunately, I didn't have the option to remove the programs I installed the app to remove. Looks like it needs somemore development to be able to select everything on the phone. I can't comment on how good it works because I didn't remove anything. I do appreciate the effort though.

pyromosh

Nov 5, 2009
Tried it on my Tilt2 unfortunately, I didn't have the option to remove the programs I installed the app to remove. Looks like it needs somemore development to be able to select everything on the phone. I can't comment on how good it works because I didn't remove anything. I do appreciate the effort though.

What app(s) specifically are you referring to?

The only apps it removes are the ones defined on the wiki entry defining the crapware here.

If I know what apps you'd like removed, then I can add those apps to the XML file that defines the list of apps to check for.

LjTx

Dec 22, 2009
HELP!!!

Ok, I'm at my wits end. I've downloaded the zip, extracted the files & copied them to the phone (was drag & drop ok?). I can't get the program to launch. I just get windows offering to run out to the web to find a fix.

How do you execute it? I don't see it listed on the phone itself so I thought I should do it via the laptop on the .exe that was on the phone.

Does it matter what OS is on my laptop?

LjTx

Dec 22, 2009
AWESOME!

Just want to say that pyromosh is awesome. Walked me thought what I needed to do.

For those that don't have Framework 3.5 - you need to install that on your PC then dig down in that folder to get the 3.5 cab file to move to your phone and install.

After that, it works like a charm.

On happy Texan gal here. :)

tjinjer

Jan 9, 2010
Lafayette, LA
great program, pyromash....

i was directed to this thread because I'm trying to delete the actual .exe files from the Windows folder (plus some other stuff like the bloat mp3's)... i tried with File Explorer & Total Commander... these delete attempts all failed...

is there a way to do this??