[Q] Flash of a wrong Kernel

Search This thread

maquille

Oct 18, 2012
HI everyone

I made a mistake yesterday, I flashed a wrong kernel ( the F4ktion dedicated to the CM11 versions while I was 10.2 (I didnt pay attention to the mention JB).

The phone rebooted and stucked on the samsung logo. Then, screen slowly turning gray.

Having access to the download mode, I flashed the bml4 rom stock (probably the main mistake) but this time the phone was stuck on the second samsung logo without turning gray.

Last point, it is impossible for me to get to recovery mode, download fashion meanwhile is still accessible.

Is there a solution?

Thanks

Mar 8, 2014
Las Condes, Santiago
I'd download a stock image of the firmware, install it using Odin and download mode, then flash TWRP recovery, format everything, and install the original firmware again using Odin. That way, you'd make sure your phone is completely clean of errors. Also, is format the micro sd as exFat.

Hope it helps

TNCS

Feb 11, 2014
HI everyone

I made a mistake yesterday, I flashed a wrong kernel ( the F4ktion dedicated to the CM11 versions while I was 10.2 (I didnt pay attention to the mention JB).

The phone rebooted and stucked on the samsung logo. Then, screen slowly turning gray.

Having access to the download mode, I flashed the bml4 rom stock (probably the main mistake) but this time the phone was stuck on the second samsung logo without turning gray.

Last point, it is impossible for me to get to recovery mode, download fashion meanwhile is still accessible.

Is there a solution?

Thanks

You didn't need to ODIN the stock ROM back. You could've just reflash the correct kernel and wipe cache/davilk and it should work. What I would recommend you do know is flash a custom recovery and do a complete wipe than ODIN again.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

I'd download a stock image of the firmware, install it using Odin and download mode, then flash TWRP recovery, format everything, and install the original firmware again using Odin. That way, you'd make sure your phone is completely clean of errors. Also, is format the micro sd as exFat.

Hope it helps

I don't get it, why format the MicroSD card as exFAT? FAT32 works just fine unless you have a 32GB+ card.

maquille

Oct 18, 2012
Hi
Thank's for your answers.

I'd like to keep the data on my sd card, so I have done the wipe cache and dalvik but still the same problems.

In your opinion, flash the cyanogen rom be able to fix this problem or isnt recommended?
If you have other opinions so I do not reset everything I'm interested. (Flash of good kernel, flash of f4ktion?..)
Otherwise I will resolve to do the full wipe.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2014
Las Condes, Santiago
You could try getting a stock kernel and flash it using Odin. I'd that doesn't work, i think you should full wipeand reinstall the firmware. I think you could also flash am original firmware image without wiping and that could fix the errors.

TNCS

Feb 11, 2014
Hi
Thank's for your answers.

I'd like to keep the data on my sd card, so I have done the wipe cache and dalvik but still the same problems.

In your opinion, flash the cyanogen rom be able to fix this problem or isnt recommended?
If you have other opinions so I do not reset everything I'm interested. (Flash of good kernel, flash of f4ktion?..)
Otherwise I will resolve to do the full wipe.

If you wiped davilk/cache and still doesn't work, it looks like you have to do a full wipe - no other ways around.

Just to clarify, you want to keep data on the internal storage or SD card? Full wipe does not wipe SD card unless you specifically tells it to.

maquille

Oct 18, 2012
If you wiped davilk/cache and still doesn't work, it looks like you have to do a full wipe - no other ways around.

Just to clarify, you want to keep data on the internal storage or SD card? Full wipe does not wipe SD card unless you specifically tells it to.

Internal storage...and flash a cyanogen rom couldnt be a solution?

smartxdev

Mar 23, 2014
You still will need to flash a custom recovery first.

Than, if you want, you can install Cyanogen of course, it comes with kernel and all..

Just be sure that you are ready to switch the whole ROM

maquille

Oct 18, 2012
hi everyone! Firstly thank you for your help. so I resolved to do a complete wipe with relocation of a stock rom and it worked.

Envoyé de mon GT-I9195 en utilisant Tapatalk