[MOD] AOSP/CM 5.0.8 Mms.apk with puzzle lock support

Search This thread

creator2456

Jul 12, 2010
Chicago
OnePlus 8T
If you already use an AOSP/CM mms.apk, this can be pushed right on top of your existing apk.

To install if you still use the touchwiz mms apk, either use adb/terminal/root explorer to delete your existing mms.apk from /system/app then reboot, and uninstall "com.android.mms" then reboot into recovery, and clear cache and dalvik-cache.

Reboot one last time, rename this apk Mms.apk, and adb push to /system/app

Confirmed working in Bionix Fusion 1.0.

s0niqu3:.

I know I posted this to Viral when he made the mods to the Mms.apk back in Bionix 1.7ish to get it black, but it never got fixed. The background color of MMS content (easily seen when adding audio) is still a light blue. Think you can change it to black to match?

Finally had some time to dig into the apk and see what was causing that blue background. It was just a .9.png that had been missed. Took a minute to swap it out with an all black one. Now you can see the before and after.

Attachments

• snap20101019_110119.jpg
    snap20101019_110119.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 243
  • snap20101024_221121.jpg
    snap20101024_221121.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 244
  • Optimized_Fixed_mmsBackgound_Mms.apk
    536.6 KB · Views: 79

chucky80

Oct 23, 2008
Thanks for this. I am loving this app. Might wanna include to delete the MMS.Odex for those running twiz mms and reboot phone after pushing Mms.apk to system/app. Thanks again.

rbirg

Jul 26, 2010
I was messing with this for about 3 hours the other day and I couldn't get it to run properly.

I think I got a version that worked once or twice, but I could never get a consistent version that didn't FC on me. Anyhow this is what I wanted to do:

-Make the incoming SMS background a little darker
-Make the conversation header background darker (a different tone of grey than the incoming sms)
-Change the bottom bar background to be black (this was actually really easy, just some image manipulation)

I was trying to use apk manager 4.9 found on XDA to decompile and compile it back. I found that a lot of the colors were in values/drawables.xml. So I edited that, along with another file (conversation_header.xml? or titlebar.xml). Anyhow I couldn't get a working version. Can someone share some insight as to what I'm doing incorrectly?

richan90

Aug 31, 2010
Seattle
I took the fixed background apk from creator2436 and added a few modifications to it. Basically changed the notification icon back to the blue envelope, and changed the app icon to the Samsung TouchWiz icon. Used OptiPNG and Zipalign to optimize.

Just thought some of you guys might like this. Credits go to untermensch, s0niqu3, and creator2436 for all the work.

Attachments

• Mms.apk
    535.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

ccmpbll

Sep 23, 2010
stupid question...

s0niqu3(or anyone else that knows), will this work on stock/rooted JI6?