Make your Ticwatch smoother than ever disabling TicSystem via ADB!

Search This thread

Nazo

Jan 7, 2008
I don't experience terrible lag with my TicWatch E, but I don't use the voice command though. I built my own widgets to execute the voice command on my phone instead. I find inputting or voice command directly from the watch unpleasant to do. But it is still convenient enough to select task from my overlay widgets.
The problem has been more fundamental for me. The underlying voice handling system itself has been screwing up. And there's no nicer way to put it than screwing up. It will show text on the screen that exactly matches what I said and then do something else entirely. But the biggest problem along those lines was it was so overloaded it would take forever to start. If I said "turn on bedroom lights" it would think I only said "lights" and turn on every single light configured through Google Home instead of just the ones I specified. Using a different widget or whatever wouldn't have helped since it was the underlying handling of voice itself that was failing (due, I assume, to it simply struggling that much to even start the process.)

But if you're not seeing the massive all around lack of performance you're not having the same problem. You'd surely notice if every single aspect of every system is more sluggish and less responsive, so you somehow haven't had the same problem as me. Which is weird really. I'm not sure why mine would be doing it if others aren't...

I just wish a better battery life. More powerful CPU are welcomed, but I still prefer the efficiency first.
Of course, but the thing about how this sort of tech goes is that a more powerful CPU can still be more efficient if it's of a newer generation. Of course, just being newer doesn't make it so, but it's clear the TicWatch E doesn't use the highest quality CPU ever made. I'm betting a low end MediaTek or something.

It's worth noting that "more powerful" versus "more efficient" is trickier than you may think. If you underclocked the CPU to 10% of its original speed it might generally have better battery life, but it would also work at 100% about ten times more often and ten times longer and the difference might be a lot less than you might think -- or even actually worse depending on what the watch has to do. There's a balance to be struck. A faster CPU gets tasks done more quickly, so if it doesn't use a lot more power to do it it can actually end up being more efficient even just from that alone. Assuming you're not overriding the CPU governor with one that forces it to use more power that is.

Charging twice a day is not convenient.
Wait, what? Are you using your watch excessively heavily or something? It should last at least a good 10 hours of heavy usage. I use the always on display with a fairly efficient watchface (lots of black, some small dark red areas and the rest a gray instead of pure white) and use it fairly lightly (mostly just as a watch and a way to see notifications and respond to texts while checking the weather or etc once in a while) and mine can probably go a good 20 hours or so between charges while being used this way. Mind you, I turned off the shake to wake gesture since I move my hands around a lot and it would be constantly waking up with that, so most of the time the watch is still downscaling the processor and all despite the partially on screen. (I just wish I could raise the ambient screen's brightness a little bit. Just one notch more so I could see it a little bit in the daylight when I'm outside.) The way I use it my watch goes down less than 3% per hour, so it could easily last a good 33 hours or so. I can't even begin to imagine having to charge twice a day.

I found out the app still can be force stop as you mentioned. Previously I just disabled it. Just a few minutes ago, I uninstalled them and still fine. This is my adb shell command
Thanks for the list, I appreciate it. Too bad this will all be gone the next time I have to do a full reset (I really wish Android didn't require a full system reset where it has to update everything again, reconfigure everything, etc etc every time, but I sometimes change my phone's ROM and have broken a couple of phones I'm sad to say and each time I had to completely reset my watch and start over on it.) Hopefully I won't have to any time soon, but needless to say I'm bookmarking this thread...

The only Ticwatch app left is the watchface, as I can't move on from it. :D
Take a look at the custom watchfaces out there. I'm particularly fond of Pujie Black which has some decent builtin options to start from and then customize from there. I have had people almost daily say my watch looks really nice. (Of course it probably helps that it has that always on screen versus most of theirs being off normally.) There is also at least one really good free one (I've forgotten its name, sorry. I think if you search for "watchface designer" or something like that you'll find it quickly enough.) Mind you, I don't think the builtin watchfaces particularly bog the system down or anything anyway. It's definitely that TicSystem app above all else that was doing it for me and even though I haven't really been using my watch today it seems like every single process (even just swiping on the screen) has been significantly better in handling. So disabling the stock watchfaces probably wouldn't help a lot anyway.

Last edited:

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
The problem has been more fundamental for me. The underlying voice handling system itself has been screwing up. And there's no nicer way to put it than screwing up. It will show text on the screen that exactly matches what I said and then do something else entirely. But the biggest problem along those lines was it was so overloaded it would take forever to start. If I said "turn on bedroom lights" it would think I only said "lights" and turn on every single light configured through Google Home instead of just the ones I specified. Using a different widget or whatever wouldn't have helped since it was the underlying handling of voice itself that was failing (due, I assume, to it simply struggling that much to even start the process.)

But if you're not seeing the massive all around lack of performance you're not having the same problem. You'd surely notice if every single aspect of every system is more sluggish and less responsive, so you somehow haven't had the same problem as me. Which is weird really. I'm not sure why mine would be doing it if others aren't...
I try google voice search, the one which we swipe from left to right, then tap the mic icon. Try your wordings, the recognized words is exactly correct. However I don't use google home, so it tells me that I haven't setup any device. The voice command is working fine here. It can be your environment is too noisy. Since I believe the watch's mic is somewhat inferior compared to phone's, it will catch more noise.

I don't use google search, not so much also at my phone. If I use input speech from wear, after the voice command, I still have to confirm before use it as input. That's why I find it not convenient.

Of course, but the thing about how this sort of tech goes is that a more powerful CPU can still be more efficient if it's of a newer generation. Of course, just being newer doesn't make it so, but it's clear the TicWatch E doesn't use the highest quality CPU ever made. I'm betting a low end MediaTek or something.

It's worth noting that "more powerful" versus "more efficient" is trickier than you may think. If you underclocked the CPU to 10% of its original speed it might generally have better battery life, but it would also work at 100% about ten times more often and ten times longer and the difference might be a lot less than you might think -- or even actually worse depending on what the watch has to do. There's a balance to be struck. A faster CPU gets tasks done more quickly, so if it doesn't use a lot more power to do it it can actually end up being more efficient even just from that alone. Assuming you're not overriding the CPU governor with one that forces it to use more power that is.
For perfomance and efficiency, sure it is tricky. Since I don't have problem with current perfomance, I generally prefer more to the efficiency. when there is a new SoC, which is advertised as 40% more powerful OR 50% more efficient; this usually mean only one of them. So either choose same battery life but with 40% more perfomance; OR same perfomance but with 50% more battery life. Sure, there should be balance, as there is always minimum power draw overhead.

When I mention efficiency first, I expect them to tweak the governor starting from the same perfomance with the maximum efficiency first, then start working to increase the perfomance up to the point of diminishing return. Rather than prioritizing maximum perfomance first (as most phone currently do, to compete with others) and then try to find a good battery life from it. WearOS currently need more battery life than perfomance. Many potential users ended up buying other non WearOS watch, primarily because the wearOS ones have such a bad battery life compared to the other proprietary OS which can last for weeks.

Wait, what? Are you using your watch excessively heavily or something? It should last at least a good 10 hours of heavy usage. I use the always on display with a fairly efficient watchface (lots of black, some small dark red areas and the rest a gray instead of pure white) and use it fairly lightly (mostly just as a watch and a way to see notifications and respond to texts while checking the weather or etc once in a while) and mine can probably go a good 20 hours or so between charges while being used this way. Mind you, I turned off the shake to wake gesture since I move my hands around a lot and it would be constantly waking up with that, so most of the time the watch is still downscaling the processor and all despite the partially on screen. (I just wish I could raise the ambient screen's brightness a little bit. Just one notch more so I could see it a little bit in the daylight when I'm outside.) The way I use it my watch goes down less than 3% per hour, so it could easily last a good 33 hours or so. I can't even begin to imagine having to charge twice a day.
Check if you are using the same software version as mine.
I am using Ticwatch E, at the about - version
Wear OS 2.12
Home App 2.31.0.284190117
Google play services 19.8.31
Android OS 8.0.0
Security patch August 1, 2018

Gesture : Tilt-to-wake and Touch-to-wake
Wifi off, location off, bluetooth connected all the time to Redmi Note 5 Whyred
Britghness : 2
Disable all the apps I listed (and finally uninstalled it yesterday)
Power consumption : approx 3,2%/hour and up to 4-5%/hour during moderate notification. Airplane mode 2,5%/hour

My typical daily usage only use about 4-5%/hour. So 20-24 hours is possible. I have a flow which run hourly and half-hourly during off office hour, which show lists of learning words. The widget usually show up for 10 seconds (if I notice it directly), but sometimes can be longer. This also doesn't drain that much. It is usually the notification that drain more.

I usually charge it at night and i never use it until low bat. Less than 50%, I usually plug it already if it is convenient to do so. This ensure even if I miss the charging, i still have some juices left. It is also better for the battery longevity. My phone can last the other day even if miss the charging, so I expect at least the same.

I wear the watch to sleep, as it is my alarm. As I wake up, usually it is between 60-70%. I put it to charge at the morning to bump the battery life a bit, to ensure it lasts, even If I go home late. Sometimes I charge it to full before go to sleep, and it will last until tomorrow night without morning charge. So either way, it is twice a day and sometimes more.

Even 3%/hour is still too much. My RN5 consume only 0,5%/hour during standby. I would expect the efficiency gap still can be optimized more. Probably because current latest wear SoC still on 28nm, while at the phone we already going 7nm. I know there are minimum power draw, different form factor, battery capacity and others. But I still see a lot of room for improvement in the battery life here.

Thanks for the list, I appreciate it. Too bad this will all be gone the next time I have to do a full reset (I really wish Android didn't require a full system reset where it has to update everything again, reconfigure everything, etc etc every time, but I sometimes change my phone's ROM and have broken a couple of phones I'm sad to say and each time I had to completely reset my watch and start over on it.) Hopefully I won't have to any time soon, but needless to say I'm bookmarking this thread...
I never do full reset until now, already using for 8 months. If I need to, then a simple copy paste of the command is enough. You can combine the command by using &&, so it is one line paste and waiting it until done all.

Take a look at the custom watchfaces out there. I'm particularly fond of Pujie Black which has some decent builtin options to start from and then customize from there. I have had people almost daily say my watch looks really nice. (Of course it probably helps that it has that always on screen versus most of theirs being off normally.) There is also at least one really good free one (I've forgotten its name, sorry. I think if you search for "watchface designer" or something like that you'll find it quickly enough.) Mind you, I don't think the builtin watchfaces particularly bog the system down or anything anyway. It's definitely that TicSystem app above all else that was doing it for me and even though I haven't really been using my watch today it seems like every single process (even just swiping on the screen) has been significantly better in handling. So disabling the stock watchfaces probably wouldn't help a lot anyway.
I have searched for various watchface. But the built-in one has the button that I want. I reserved at least one for Automagic shortcut. I also need seconds ticking. So I usually stick on "Element Pointer" or "Colorful". And as you may have guess, watchface doesn't bloat so much. So for this ticwatch app, I made the exception. The benefit outweigh the bloat.

Nazo

Jan 7, 2008
I try google voice search, the one which we swipe from left to right, then tap the mic icon. Try your wordings, the recognized words is exactly correct. However I don't use google home, so it tells me that I haven't setup any device. The voice command is working fine here. It can be your environment is too noisy. Since I believe the watch's mic is somewhat inferior compared to phone's, it will catch more noise.
Perhaps I shouldn't have given a specific example since that seems to have caused confusion. It's everything that uses voice. Including, for another example, Messages. And like I said, it will show the correct text on the screen then put in the wrong thing in the actual input. I haven't had time to test how it will do now, but so far everything -- including voice -- handles a lot better with TicSystem disabled, so so far so good, but the real testing won't come for a few days at the very earliest depending on how I need it.

Gesture : Tilt-to-wake and Touch-to-wake
Wifi off, location off, bluetooth connected all the time to Redmi Note 5 Whyred
I have WiFi and location enabled but tilt-to-wake is off. Other than tilt-to-wake, the watchface would be the biggest battery user of anything active, but if you have any background apps that use a lot that may play a part. Of those settings tilt-to-wake is probably the biggest killer since no one holds their hands completely still. I use touch-to-wake so if I need to wake it I only have to touch the screen rather than tilt and there are a lot fewer accidental wakes (though not none since a lot of things have just the right resistance or whatever to fool a modern touchscreen if you bump or touch them. I find cables in particular are the worst.)

This ensure even if I miss the charging, i still have some juices left. It is also better for the battery longevity.
That won't help longevity. But it shouldn't make a lot of difference anyway. The main things that affect battery longevity are total charge cycles (which ultimately works out the same whether you charge at ~50% twice or whether it's at, say, ~10% once,) voltage (and if your charging more frequently resulted in it being at maximum voltage for longer periods of time that would be worse, but even that probably works out about the same really,) and finally temperature (if you do a reset and it starts working overtime updating all the components and apps then it gets really hot and it probably is best to have it plugged in so it's hopefully drawing most of its power from the USB source rather than the battery.) Overall longevity is the one thing there's not a lot of point in worrying about since there isn't much you can do about it one way or the other with a watch. (Now, with your phone that is a different story.)

I wear the watch to sleep, as it is my alarm. As I wake up, usually it is between 60-70%. I put it to charge at the morning to bump the battery life a bit, to ensure it lasts, even If I go home late.
Oh, I see. I thought you were talking about really heavy usage or something. Nevermind then I guess. I'm such a light sleeper that I could set the watch next to me if I wanted it to be my alarm, but of course my phone works so much better that I just place it next to me on a charger. (Better still, it has a LED screen like this watch, so I can run "Night Clock" or whatever configured to have a really really dim clock while on the charger that I can look at when I wake up and need to know the time.)

Even 3%/hour is still too much. My RN5 consume only 0,5%/hour during standby. I would expect the efficiency gap still can be optimized more.
There isn't much else that can be done. Even if you reset and prevent the update to Wear OS for a higher overall system efficiency it's not going to get a lot better. You can turn off the ambient display if you haven't already, but the cool thing about a LED screen is only the pixels being used use power and even that is based on their actual brightness since there is no backlight, so a good ambient display doesn't use a lot. If you want any better than that you'll have to give up using a watch like this and go to something like the Pebble with an eInk or whatever they call it display, but that one lacks access to services like Google Assistant. I'm hoping Garmin or someone else will do one similar to the Pebble with modern capabilities one of these days, but don't have high hopes considering. (Fitbit bought them, but it looks like they just wanted to eliminate a prospective competitor and pretty much tossed everything they paid for into the trash bin. Garmin has some watches that are getting at least closer to what the Pebble was, but last I looked they didn't have any that actually were true smartwatches yet.)

I have searched for various watchface. But the built-in one has the button that I want. I reserved at least one for Automagic shortcut. I also need seconds ticking. So I usually stick on "Element Pointer" or "Colorful". And as you may have guess, watchface doesn't bloat so much. So for this ticwatch app, I made the exception. The benefit outweigh the bloat.
Most can do shortcuts. Pujie Black has configurable buttons you can add to the watchface where you want including one that can show a radial menu to select multiple shortcuts from. It's not the only one that can do this by any means and the free one I had before had configurable buttons too (though no radial menu. That's kind of a cool feature IMO. That way I can have one button that does multiple things instead of a bunch of buttons all over the watchface.)

Anyway, I don't want to get too much further off-topic here. I just wanted to verify that it wasn't something going really wrong with the setup. I guess it is ultimately your usage -- particularly the fact that you wear it while sleeping.

Last edited:

L3ibnitZ

Jan 25, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F1
Xiaomi Poco F3

There isn't much else that can be done. Even if you reset and prevent the update to Wear OS for a higher overall system efficiency it's not going to get a lot better. You can turn off the ambient display if you haven't already, but the cool thing about a LED screen is only the pixels being used use power and even that is based on their actual brightness since there is no backlight, so a good ambient display doesn't use a lot. If you want any better than that you'll have to give up using a watch like this and go to something like the Pebble with an eInk or whatever they call it display, but that one lacks access to services like Google Assistant. I'm hoping Garmin or someone else will do one similar to the Pebble with modern capabilities one of these days, but don't have high hopes considering. (Fitbit bought them, but it looks like they just wanted to eliminate a prospective competitor and pretty much tossed everything they paid for into the trash bin. Garmin has some watches that are getting at least closer to what the Pebble was, but last I looked they didn't have any that actually were true smartwatches yet.)

They did not throw everything into the trash bin. They created the amazfit bip with an eink display. The battery lasts over 30 days for me. But the watch is not very smart (no apps, no assistant, the pebble was much smarter in my opinion). For now you have to decide whether you want a really smart watch with bad battery life or a not so smart Swatch with good battery life. The third option would be to by a normal watch with a button battery ;)

On my ticwatch pro I can get 3-3,5 days of light usage.
Tips to save battery:
Ok-google detection is turned off.
Every mobvoi app is disabled, but ticsystem is still enabled.
The LCD display is used as always on.
The led display is set up to only activate when I press the hardware button or I get a message.
Only the messages from apps that are necessary for me are enabled to be shown at the watch.
Bluetooth always enabled.
Wifi always disabled.
GPS disabled, will be enabled when necessary.
No fitness app is used for now. (Google fit is installed but has no permissions)

Last edited:
Reactions: jpen7

jpen7

Aug 31, 2017
Orlando
(I'm copying this over from my reddit posts, hope to help some more people, if enough are interested I'll make a video tutorial! P.S. I can't instert my reddit posts links because this is my first XDA post, if anyone looks for them, they are all called "Made my Ticwatch smoother than ever disabling TicSystem via ADB" and you can find them in r/WearOS, r/TicWatch and r/TicwatchOfficial)

So, I don't know if I'm the only one that had this problem, but my Ticwatch Pro was laggy as hell, barely usable, it frustrated me so much i stopped using it even while wearing it constantly. I had disabled every mobvoi app on my smartwatch and that improved battery life dramatically (Mobvoi account, Mobvoi privacy, TicExercise, TicHealth and so on) the only app i couldn't disable was TicSystem, I could only force stop it, and I had noticed that after stopping it my watch was smoother that it had ever been, but sadly it started again after a couple of minutes and the watch started lagging again, this may as well be caused by the TicSystem looking for all the apps i had disabled using all the cpu, but i couldn't give up the battery life I got disabling them, so I sat down and tried to find a solution.

And I did! I found a way to disable TicSystem via adb, and now my Ticwatch Pro runs perfectly smooth, this probably works on all ticwatch models but I haven't tried, and it's also extemely easy.

Before the tutorial I'll give you a disclaimer, I'M NOT AN EXPERT, I DON'T KNOW IF DOING THIS CAN DAMAGE YOUR WATCH IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, I DON'T KNOW IF THIS STOPS OTA UPDATES FROM COMING TO THE WATCH, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING OR ANYONE, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, I DON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO YOU, YOUR WATCH, PEOPLE AROUND YOU, DINOSAURS AND TALKING COWS THAT MAY BE EATING GRASS NEAR YOU.

All jokes aside, I'm pretty sure it's fine, it probably will only improve your watch performance dramatically, but if something does happen to somebody, I don't want people blaming me, only do this if you know what you are doing.

So let's start, you'll need a computer, obviously, and your charging cable, you can also use adb over wifi if you are feeling extra fancy and don't want cables lying around, but I haven't tried that.

Go into your watch's settings, system, informations, and touch build number a bunch of times until it says you have become a developer.

Go back in your settings, developer options, and enable ADB debugging. (also enable wifi debug if you are doing this via wifi, but if you are doing it via wifi you probably know what you are doing so i'll just explain cable stuff from now on)

Plug your watch in your pc and allow debugging from that device (a popup will appear on the watch)

Install ADB on your pc if you haven't already, I won't tell you how to, it's full of guides out there, use google or your browser of choice.

Open your command line (type cmd in the windows start bar, this also works on mac, but you have to edit the commands a little, look up an ADB mac tutorial) and check if your watch is connected with:
Code:
adb devices
If your watch shows up, congrats! you are basically done!
Run:
Code:
adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.mobvoi.wear.system.aw
And TicSystem will get disabled, you are now done!

If your watch doesn't show up in adb, google something like "adb device not showing up" and you'll find like a million tutorials.

If you ever want to enable TicSystem back, go in your settings, apps, app details, system apps (at the bottom), TicSystem, and tap "enable", wasn't so difficult, was it?

If someone else tries this, let me know your results! Very curious to know other people's opinions. Have fun, and be kind to eachother!

Edit: a user tried this and made me notice that his default ticwatch watchfaces disappeared, I think this only happens if you disable the "watchface" system app, if you want to keep them don't disable it, but keep in mind that if you disable the other ticwatch apps the steps counter inside the default watches will stop working because it's linked to ticwatch fitness apps, but google fit will still count your steps so it's just the default watchfaces that won't count steps.

Edit2: It's been over a day and the watch feels great, many people in all 3 subs (r/WearOS, r/TicWatch, and r/TicwatchOfficial) gave feedback and said it helped a lot their watches too, i also tried on my father's ticwatch pro and i haven't noticed any problems, but a user made me notice that the ticwatch charging ui disappeared (doesn't bother me, didn't find it useful anyway) but if you want to replace it another user suggested "wear charging widget" on the playstore, he also said it works much better than the default one so there's that, I'll try to keep updating the post and answer everybody on all 3 subs, I'm extremely happy to see all those people enjoy their watches more and more thanks to me, you are all amazing!

Edit3: It's been 12 days since I disabled TicSystem on my watch, and in the meantime I also disabled all the tic apps on another Ticwatch Pro and a Ticwatch S and they are all working great, I haven't found any problems at all, and many people reported imporved performance on every Ticwatch model! No other problems were reported so I'll go ahead and say this is probably going to be the last update, I may make a short video tutorial on youtube if people on XDA request it. For now, I'm extremely happy I got to help so many people and that everybody found new life in their old watches! I hope you all keep being amazing and I want to thank you all for a last time for the awards, all the support and all the kind words I got, have a great day!

Great thread! i just did this to my ticwatch E C7n2 and it worked like a charm!

Nazo

Jan 7, 2008
It really does just run so much more smoothly doesn't it?

They did not throw everything into the trash bin. They created the amazfit bip with an eink display. The battery lasts over 30 days for me. But the watch is not very smart (no apps, no assistant, the pebble was much smarter in my opinion).
I don't understand what you're saying. They already made fitness watches. They bought a smartwatch. All they had to do was take what they bought and at least resell it as-is. Instead they continued making fitness watches and took the smartwatch they bought off the market. This is the very definition of throwing it all away. Of course they did it intentionally. They make money selling fitness watches. But they could also have made money by also selling a smartwatch. All they had to do was take what they spent so much to buy and just only slightly improve it and presto, profits and a new entry into a hard to enter market with something unique that none of the others yet do. A smartwatch with an eInk screen makes a lot of sense and frankly it's amazing no one but small unknown third parties have done one yet, but no, yet another fitness watch does not qualify as actually using what they bought. They already made those and that doesn't use any of the tech specific to the Pebble or Pebble Time that they bought. Like I said, they were just eliminating something they saw as a potential future competitor, nothing more.

Anyway, this is going too far off topic. I didn't mean to derail. That was just an aside in the discussion of battery life since my Pebble Time with its eInk screen could do a lot of the same tasks and last a good 5+ days of actual use with a display that was, by definition, always on since it was eInk. I do hope someday someone will make a real smartwatch with Assistant and etc and an eInk screen, but for now OLED with its slightly higher efficiency versus LCD backlighting is probably the closest we'll get.

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Perhaps I shouldn't have given a specific example since that seems to have caused confusion. It's everything that uses voice. Including, for another example, Messages. And like I said, it will show the correct text on the screen then put in the wrong thing in the actual input. I haven't had time to test how it will do now, but so far everything -- including voice -- handles a lot better with TicSystem disabled, so so far so good, but the real testing won't come for a few days at the very earliest depending on how I need it.
Oh, I don't use voice input frequently, hopefully disabling the ticsystem can make it better

I have WiFi and location enabled but tilt-to-wake is off. Other than tilt-to-wake, the watchface would be the biggest battery user of anything active, but if you have any background apps that use a lot that may play a part. Of those settings tilt-to-wake is probably the biggest killer since no one holds their hands completely still. I use touch-to-wake so if I need to wake it I only have to touch the screen rather than tilt and there are a lot fewer accidental wakes (though not none since a lot of things have just the right resistance or whatever to fool a modern touchscreen if you bump or touch them. I find cables in particular are the worst.)
I found wifi is one the biggest drain. I connect the watch via bluetooth all the time, so no need wifi anymore.

That won't help longevity. But it shouldn't make a lot of difference anyway. The main things that affect battery longevity are total charge cycles (which ultimately works out the same whether you charge at ~50% twice or whether it's at, say, ~10% once,) voltage (and if your charging more frequently resulted in it being at maximum voltage for longer periods of time that would be worse, but even that probably works out about the same really,) and finally temperature (if you do a reset and it starts working overtime updating all the components and apps then it gets really hot and it probably is best to have it plugged in so it's hopefully drawing most of its power from the USB source rather than the battery.) Overall longevity is the one thing there's not a lot of point in worrying about since there isn't much you can do about it one way or the other with a watch. (Now, with your phone that is a different story.)
Battery university have the test that the smaller the charge-discharge cycle, the more complete cycle you can get. The best is at 65-75%. But hey no one can maintain the battery at that level, very inconvenient. I just dismiss that. The longevity comes from the temperature. Charging from 0-100% is much warmer than from 50-100%. Long store short, It has been proven not just at watch, but also at other device, phone, mobile router and other lithium battery based. Temperature is the worst offender, so if I can keep the temperature checked, it will at least last longer.

Oh, I see. I thought you were talking about really heavy usage or something. Nevermind then I guess. I'm such a light sleeper that I could set the watch next to me if I wanted it to be my alarm, but of course my phone works so much better that I just place it next to me on a charger. (Better still, it has a LED screen like this watch, so I can run "Night Clock" or whatever configured to have a really really dim clock while on the charger that I can look at when I wake up and need to know the time.)
I can't wake up easily. I have 2 alarm at watch, 2 at phone, and yeelight as the blinker. And even then I can miss the alarm once in a month!

Sorry, for that I mean not optimization from the software part, but from the SoC part. I copied paste the answer to bottom, should have mention it. If the latest wear SoC can use 7nm fabs, we sure can have much better battery life then, even the software stay the same.

Most can do shortcuts. Pujie Black has configurable buttons you can add to the watchface where you want including one that can show a radial menu to select multiple shortcuts from. It's not the only one that can do this by any means and the free one I had before had configurable buttons too (though no radial menu. That's kind of a cool feature IMO. That way I can have one button that does multiple things instead of a bunch of buttons all over the watchface.)

Anyway, I don't want to get too much further off-topic here. I just wanted to verify that it wasn't something going really wrong with the setup. I guess it is ultimately your usage -- particularly the fact that you wear it while sleeping.
Sorry for going too much off topic, but can't help not to reply. BTW, I just change my ROM to android 10 and the wearOS now got disconnected, although I restore it via migrate. Seems the connection key is stored at the watch. Fortunately there is a way to re-pair the watch without factory reset. It is two simple adb command to the watch. Hopefully this help so you don't need to uninstall all the bloatware again if you need to re-pair the watch after ROM change.

They did not throw everything into the trash bin. They created the amazfit bip with an eink display. The battery lasts over 30 days for me. But the watch is not very smart (no apps, no assistant, the pebble was much smarter in my opinion). For now you have to decide whether you want a really smart watch with bad battery life or a not so smart Swatch with good battery life. The third option would be to by a normal watch with a button battery ;)

On my ticwatch pro I can get 3-3,5 days of light usage.
Tips to save battery:
Ok-google detection is turned off.
Every mobvoi app is disabled, but ticsystem is still enabled.
The LCD display is used as always on.
The led display is set up to only activate when I press the hardware button or I get a message.
Only the messages from apps that are necessary for me are enabled to be shown at the watch.
Bluetooth always enabled.
Wifi always disabled.
GPS disabled, will be enabled when necessary.
No fitness app is used for now. (Google fit is installed but has no permissions)
Wow, can last 3 days? Then other than the SoC, I should look for the e-ink too. I don't buy ticwatch pro at that time, because the price is insanely higher here. Hopefully next time it will be much cheaper then.

cdav83

Jul 23, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Work like a charm on my ticwatch e. I was seriously considering getting a new watch because of the delay. I also changed My animation settings from 1.0 to 5 and developer options. Thanks guys!

Nazo

Jan 7, 2008
Yes, turning down (or even off) animations will make any device feel overall more snappy and smooth and waste less time in transitions. I actually recommend doing this on just about everything. Animations may look neat at first or whatever, but they're just a waste of resources in the end. Any time the CPU is being pushed a bit it really makes a difference too. Which admittedly happens a lot more often on a TicWatch E versus a phone or tablet.

Reactions: cdav83

WhiteAsIce

Dec 1, 2010
When I tried to disable other Tic/Mobvoi apps, I got up to the part where I could only Remove Upgrades. After I did that, the app disappeared from the apps list. However, the apps were still notifying me, so the apps were not disabled. I could not go into Settings to disable the apps because the apps did not appear in the list.

If you want to disable the apps via adb, try this:

Code:
adb shell pm list packages -e

This will give you a list of all enabled apps on your watch. Look for any app from mobvoi, and use the command in the first post to disable the app via adb.

Reactions: fernseher

peker

Dec 4, 2012
As soon as i hit ADB debug in my watch settings computer stops recognizing it in device manager and vice versa, why is that?

peker

Dec 4, 2012
Fark! After trying and failing to do it all day i finally made it! i enabled ADB debugging like all the times before but this time enabled Blutooth debugging as well and it worked! Now gonna sit and wait for all the goodies to come out of it! Thanks a lot.

Nazo

Jan 7, 2008
As soon as i hit ADB debug in my watch settings computer stops recognizing it in device manager and vice versa, why is that?

ADB uses a different driver from normal operations (though I'm a bit curious what you used before since MTP seems to require its own driver too.) You can certainly run it through BlueTooth or WiFi, but if you ever need to use just the cord just look for one of the universal ADB driver installers. Actually, I think all you need these days is just the official Google driver from their SDK.

Reactions: peker

biscuhslf

May 28, 2020
Just wanted to say that I was on the verge of selling my Ticwatch E, because of how sluggish, laggy, unreponsive and unusable in general it was. I legitimately thought the hardware could barely handle the OS. I did your method and I honestly can't believe the improvements. It will forever be beyond me why would a manufacturer want to voluntarily make their device unusable with SO MUCH bloatware. I will forever be grateful my friend!

elotan

May 2, 2015
A quick update - I've used the adb shell pm list packages -e command and disabled literally every package with the name mobvoi in it. One of them, I don't know which one (but it shouldn't be difficult to find out) made my lcd screen go entirely off.
So I made a factory reset and disabled with adb only the app that can't be disabled thru the menus.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (I'm copying this over from my reddit posts, hope to help some more people, if enough are interested I'll make a video tutorial! P.S. I can't instert my reddit posts links because this is my first XDA post, if anyone looks for them, they are all called "Made my Ticwatch smoother than ever disabling TicSystem via ADB" and you can find them in r/WearOS, r/TicWatch and r/TicwatchOfficial)

So, I don't know if I'm the only one that had this problem, but my Ticwatch Pro was laggy as hell, barely usable, it frustrated me so much i stopped using it even while wearing it constantly. I had disabled every mobvoi app on my smartwatch and that improved battery life dramatically (Mobvoi account, Mobvoi privacy, TicExercise, TicHealth and so on) the only app i couldn't disable was TicSystem, I could only force stop it, and I had noticed that after stopping it my watch was smoother that it had ever been, but sadly it started again after a couple of minutes and the watch started lagging again, this may as well be caused by the TicSystem looking for all the apps i had disabled using all the cpu, but i couldn't give up the battery life I got disabling them, so I sat down and tried to find a solution.

And I did! I found a way to disable TicSystem via adb, and now my Ticwatch Pro runs perfectly smooth, this probably works on all ticwatch models but I haven't tried, and it's also extemely easy.

Before the tutorial I'll give you a disclaimer, I'M NOT AN EXPERT, I DON'T KNOW IF DOING THIS CAN DAMAGE YOUR WATCH IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, I DON'T KNOW IF THIS STOPS OTA UPDATES FROM COMING TO THE WATCH, I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING OR ANYONE, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, I DON'T TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO YOU, YOUR WATCH, PEOPLE AROUND YOU, DINOSAURS AND TALKING COWS THAT MAY BE EATING GRASS NEAR YOU.

All jokes aside, I'm pretty sure it's fine, it probably will only improve your watch performance dramatically, but if something does happen to somebody, I don't want people blaming me, only do this if you know what you are doing.

So let's start, you'll need a computer, obviously, and your charging cable, you can also use adb over wifi if you are feeling extra fancy and don't want cables lying around, but I haven't tried that.

Go into your watch's settings, system, informations, and touch build number a bunch of times until it says you have become a developer.

Go back in your settings, developer options, and enable ADB debugging. (also enable wifi debug if you are doing this via wifi, but if you are doing it via wifi you probably know what you are doing so i'll just explain cable stuff from now on)

Plug your watch in your pc and allow debugging from that device (a popup will appear on the watch)

Install ADB on your pc if you haven't already, I won't tell you how to, it's full of guides out there, use google or your browser of choice.

Open your command line (type cmd in the windows start bar, this also works on mac, but you have to edit the commands a little, look up an ADB mac tutorial) and check if your watch is connected with:
    Code:
    adb devices
    If your watch shows up, congrats! you are basically done!
    Run:
    Code:
    adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.mobvoi.wear.system.aw
    And TicSystem will get disabled, you are now done!

If your watch doesn't show up in adb, google something like "adb device not showing up" and you'll find like a million tutorials.

If you ever want to enable TicSystem back, go in your settings, apps, app details, system apps (at the bottom), TicSystem, and tap "enable", wasn't so difficult, was it?

If someone else tries this, let me know your results! Very curious to know other people's opinions. Have fun, and be kind to eachother!

Edit: a user tried this and made me notice that his default ticwatch watchfaces disappeared, I think this only happens if you disable the "watchface" system app, if you want to keep them don't disable it, but keep in mind that if you disable the other ticwatch apps the steps counter inside the default watches will stop working because it's linked to ticwatch fitness apps, but google fit will still count your steps so it's just the default watchfaces that won't count steps.

Edit2: It's been over a day and the watch feels great, many people in all 3 subs (r/WearOS, r/TicWatch, and r/TicwatchOfficial) gave feedback and said it helped a lot their watches too, i also tried on my father's ticwatch pro and i haven't noticed any problems, but a user made me notice that the ticwatch charging ui disappeared (doesn't bother me, didn't find it useful anyway) but if you want to replace it another user suggested "wear charging widget" on the playstore, he also said it works much better than the default one so there's that, I'll try to keep updating the post and answer everybody on all 3 subs, I'm extremely happy to see all those people enjoy their watches more and more thanks to me, you are all amazing!

Edit3: It's been 12 days since I disabled TicSystem on my watch, and in the meantime I also disabled all the tic apps on another Ticwatch Pro and a Ticwatch S and they are all working great, I haven't found any problems at all, and many people reported imporved performance on every Ticwatch model! No other problems were reported so I'll go ahead and say this is probably going to be the last update, I may make a short video tutorial on youtube if people on XDA request it. For now, I'm extremely happy I got to help so many people and that everybody found new life in their old watches! I hope you all keep being amazing and I want to thank you all for a last time for the awards, all the support and all the kind words I got, have a great day!
    I'm running 2 ticwatch E like this from 2 weeks . Battery life is incredible now, at least doubled and the watch is smoot and responsive . Be sure to disable Ticsystem via ADB , it's important , because without doing that you would have no benefit . I didn't diaabled it at first and my battery lasted 8 hours , now I can with no problem reach 20 hourse with a normal use . With an intense one From 7 a.m to 12 p.m with no problem ( no ok google , no tilt to wake). You will only loose the stoch watchfaces and the charging screen , the last one could be sostitute with wear charging widget that works 100 times better
    I dont see any huge difference between enabled mobvoi.system app or not (TicWatch Pro 3). But if i disable it, it only brings problems - like not working double click down button (GPAY) and tichealth app still asking for basic info (age, weight etc.).
    So i dont recommend it, system isnt any faster, and i still have 3days average battery life - with all sensors active with 24h monitoring, so disabling this isnt big deal from my experience.
    Guys this is for the owners of the ticwatch pro 3 please read this:

I disabled tic system and and the package com.mobvoi.ticwatch.jupiter.home, and after two factory resets im not able to pinpoint what happened but one of those 2 its making conflicts after a couple of days, i wasn't able to receive notifications on my watch it only vibrates ,but when i swiped up to see them , the notification never showed up. So i just enabled dev settings in order to put animation s to .5x nothing else. ATM im charging my watch to %100 and see how behaves after 2 full factory resets.
    Here is just a little bash script I wrote for disabling apps. It finds all the packages on the system, filters out those that have "tic" or "mobvoi" in their package name and disables them. I also ignore some packages, these are namely sos, essential mode and esim assistant.

Just start the script with a `disable` argument to disable all mobvoi bloat and with an `enable` argument to enable them back again!

Bash:
    #!/bin/bash

IGNORED="sos|modem\.eu|lpa\.aw|mcuservice"

function usage {
        echo "Usage: $0 option" 1>&2
        echo "Option can be: disable, enable" 1>&2
    }

if [ "$#" -ne 1 ] ; then
        usage
        exit 1;
    fi

ACTION=""

case $1 in
        disable)
            ACTION="disable-user --user 0"
        ;;
        enable)
            ACTION="enable"
            IGNORED=""
        ;;
        *)
            usage
            exit 1
        ;;
    esac

echo "Generating app list..."
    PACKAGES=$(adb shell pm list packages | cut -f2 -d':')
    DISABLE=$(echo "$PACKAGES" | grep -E 'tic|mobvoi')

if ! [ "$IGNORED" = "" ] ; then
        DISABLE=$(echo "$DISABLE" | grep -Ev "$IGNORED")
    fi

echo "---"
    echo "$DISABLE"
    echo "---"
    echo "These apps will get $1d, press any key to continue or CTRL-C to abort..."

read

echo "Continuing..."

for APP in $DISABLE
    do
        adb shell pm $ACTION $APP
    done