[Stock Rom] [ICS 4.0.3] Acer_A100_AV041_1.014.00_COM_GEN1

Search This thread

.Gibson.

Mar 24, 2012
Chicago
I guess I posted in the wrong spot, so I will post it here. Do we know the procedure for keeping the unlocked boot loader and custom recovery?

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
I guess I posted in the wrong spot, so I will post it here. Do we know the procedure for keeping the unlocked boot loader and custom recovery?

I haven't tried this as I'm running cm9 atm but, when I upgraded from the 009 to 012 leak I opened up the zip on my Linux box and took out the boot loader.blob file and any mentions of recovery in the zip, rezipped as update.zip and flashed through cwm, keeping my bootloader and cwm intact

Again I haven't tried this as I'm waiting to see if you can flash over the ics leaks/cm9

Sent from my A100 using xda premium

.Gibson.

Mar 24, 2012
Chicago
I haven't tried this as I'm running cm9 atm but, when I upgraded from the 009 to 012 leak I opened up the zip on my Linux box and took out the boot loader.blob file and any mentions of recovery in the zip, rezipped as update.zip and flashed through cwm, keeping my bootloader and cwm intact

Again I haven't tried this as I'm waiting to see if you can flash over the ics leaks/cm9

Sent from my A100 using xda premium

Thanks for the information. I am running CM9 also. I would like to test out the official rom for the touch screen fixes alone. Anyways, I guess we wait until someone tries it or we get the balls to try it ourselves.

lawguy

Nov 2, 2011
I flashed this over the 1.0.12 leak and it is much better. Everything seems to work. The touchscreen is now fixed and random stutters are gone.

Looking in the Device information, this appears to be a release candidate? I see it says "RC3" in one of the image descriptions. Are we sure this is the release version? If not, it seems close enough anyway.

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
Touch screen seems to be alot better than the leaks...i'm going to test some games out to see if they work..

Memory swap trick works as well...so thats a huge plus...

jakob95

Sep 14, 2011
NYC
Was wondering why we didn't get the Acer Ring and face unlock? I thought we will get Acer Ring with the official update.

Reactions: peebo

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
I will ty to fix a rom of this version you can flash with custom cwm and that got the ring.
But only if I find some time.

Reactions: androyeed

illego

Aug 12, 2010
Went on a flashing binge today. Started with cm9 and cmw this morning. Flashed flexreaper r2 from cm9 with no problem.

Saw this release so I downloaded it. Open it with 7zip and removed the bootloader.blob . Used cmw to flash this and the zip without the bootloader. It flashed fined. However, it broke cmw. Once it finished installing, the power button will no longer work in cmw to select. Held down power button to shutdown and reboot. Came up fine with everything working. Reroot with zero null root method. Had to install superuser from market to get root to work probably though.

Tried to reinstall cmw recovery from ad but no luck. All you see when you go into recovery is the dead android with the red symbol. Luckily the touch recovery zero null posted works (ZN you are my hero on this forum).

Crossix's SD swap works fine in this update. Haven't played with it long enough to see of the touch pad issue is fixed.

You can probably go straight from cm9 but be aware that cmw recovery will be screwed up. I have not tried the Thor recovery so i don't know if that works.

Hope that helps somebody.

Edit. Looks like the touch pad issue is fixed. Shadow gun working properly now among other games.

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: marchism

.Gibson.

Mar 24, 2012
Chicago
Went on a flashing binge today. Started with cm9 and cmw this morning. Flashed flexreaper r2 from cm9 with no problem.

Saw this release so I downloaded it. Open it with 7zip and removed the bootloader.blob . Used cmw to flash this and the zip without the bootloader. It flashed fined. However, it broke cmw. Once it finished installing, the power button will no longer work in cmw to select. Held down power button to shutdown and reboot. Came up fine with everything working. Reroot with zero null root method. Had to install superuser from market to get root to work probably though.

Tried to reinstall cmw recovery from ad but no luck. All you see when you go into recovery is the dead android with the red symbol. Luckily the touch recovery zero null posted works (ZN you are my hero on this forum).

Crossix's SD swap works fine in this update. Haven't played with it long enough to see of the touch pad issue is fixed.

You can probably go straight from cm9 but be aware that cmw recovery will be screwed up. I have not tried the Thor recovery so i don't know if that works.

Edit. Looks like the touch pad issue is fixed. Shadow gun working properly now among other games.

I went from CM9 to this rip after removing the bootloader.blob and the recovery folder. I was using TWRP to begin with so I can't tell you if it messes with CWM or not. All went well, but I ended up going back to CM9. I missed a few of the little things the rom adds.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Whats the verdict on touch screen guys. There's an app called TouchUtil for testing. On HC and all other ICS the touch screen loses connection with your finger. The app will allow you to test this. Test needs to be done with tablet on a table or bed with just 1 finger on screen to test touch. Thanks guys

Heres the issue

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
I can confirm a few things..

The new Stock ICS rom (coming from a clean upgrade of HC) can be rooted using ZN's method...bootloader using ZN's method works perfect...and TeamWin Recovery works perfectly (so far)...

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
Someone please. The original link does not seem downloadable however don't know what the error is.

do you have google chrome? that's what I used....translated the page to english...entered in the code....waited for the download to load up (like 5 seconds)...and bam..downloaded...just tried it again and it worked fine...

yanksrock1000

Feb 23, 2012
Is the camera error fixed?

And also, should i just flash this over the ICS leak (rename update.zip, boot into recovery, ect.) Or are there other steps I need to take first?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The decoded official version ICS for A100:
    Acer_AV041_A100_1.014.00_WW_GEN1

Rename in update.zip. It is put through official recovery.
    +1 for this request.
    Here you go...

http : // dl.dropbox.com/u/18078671/Acer_AV041_A100_1.014.00_WW_GEN1.zip

(remove the spaces in the link because I'm not allowed to post links as a new user)
    Was wondering why we didn't get the Acer Ring and face unlock? I thought we will get Acer Ring with the official update.
    I will ty to fix a rom of this version you can flash with custom cwm and that got the ring.
    But only if I find some time.