How to fix some Android Pie problems.

Search This thread

NahuelMS

Dec 14, 2015
Buenos Aires
I was having some problems with adaptative battery turning on by itself so i talk with the support and they give me a trick that actually fixed the problem. They said that it can fix also another problems so i will explain here, in the worst case is just a waste of time.

Turn the phone off and connect to the charger.
Enter recovery:
-Hold power + Vol Up until the phone turn on and then release power but not volume.
-You will see and ****ed up android. Hold power and press vol up for 3 seconds and release volume up.
With this you will be in the recovery. With the vol keys go to "Perform a Graphic Test" and press power to execute. It is kinda weird but it doesn't perform a graphic test, it just reinstall a update or something
So if you are experiencing some weird behavior you can try this and see if it solve it.

ice.man

Nov 23, 2008
I've done it, but the Wifi issue comes back aber 1-2 days
or immediatelly if you perform some FlyMode ENABLE/DISABLE
I made a video of the mobile after the refrresh and after the issue comes back
Paired with 2 other smartphones
You can notice when the issue is "active" the mobile just see 1-3 WiFis SSID (normally they're 10 or more)
And it even reports a wrong signal strenght
Plus it fails to connect to the Paired Wifi several times (eventaully always)
Resetting the Android networking system doen not work
Usually a soft clean helps (reboot with VolUP + power and wait for AndroidONE screen to appear twice (I guess they're actually 2 consecuve reboots)

rickbosch

Mar 3, 2011
Cape Town
Lol Support sold you a lemon. The "graphics test" is literally just playing the animations the recovery should when installing an update. It's not doing a damn thing. I think the reboot just helped you out.

tony_nieman

Feb 6, 2017
I had the wifi issue and it worked for me. Now wifi connects after enable / disable flymode without rebooting the device.

thanks

Reactions: NahuelMS

NahuelMS

Dec 14, 2015
Buenos Aires
Lol Support sold you a lemon. The "graphics test" is literally just playing the animations the recovery should when installing an update. It's not doing a damn thing. I think the reboot just helped you out.

They didn't sold my a lemon because i did it and it actually solve the problem. Before i tried everything, including reset, hard reset, deleting all the battery system app cache and data, disabling them, enabling them again, nothing worked and adaptative battery kept turning itself on. I had the problem for months. I asked the guy how permorming a graphic test is related to some bug in adaptative battery and he said he doesn't know and Ingenineer team said that to him, it seems that it is not only a graphic test, maybe Nokia touch something there. The thing is it solved my problem, that is why i shared it here just in case.

tony_nieman

Feb 6, 2017
I think you should wait just 1-2 days before saying it. I hope it really worked cause I have the same wifi issue.

This morning, after the night in flightmode, wifi doesn't connect without a reboot. But now, just the same as yesterday, i can switch flightmode on / off and wifi connects normally. So maybe it depends on the time the flightmode is enabled?

Heisemberg_91

Oct 10, 2016
This morning, after the night in flightmode, wifi doesn't connect without a reboot. But now, just the same as yesterday, i can switch flightmode on / off and wifi connects normally. So maybe it depends on the time the flightmode is enabled?

I dont know mate..I usually switch to airplane mode during the night when I go to sleep cause I dont want to loose battery during the night..we can try not to activate it but I hope we will have a fix in January.

mergedroid

Jan 26, 2019
I experienced this problem after installing the January Security Patch on my Nokia 7 Plus. My router is a Huawei and my network SSID is hidden. I tried a few things:

* Reset network settings
* Restarted in Safe Mode - added network and could connect (note, it's a hidden network so I selected that option in Advanced Settings)
* Rebooted into normal operation, would not connect
* Modified my router's settings so the network was no longer hiding its SSID.........phone connected!! Seems stable so far.

Can anyone confirm any similarities with the above and if the steps work for you?

bennetm3

Jul 11, 2010
I have two Nokia 7+ phones, one works fine on Wifi the other refused to connect.
I did the graphics test as above and it now connects without any issues.

I will wait and see how long this 'fix' lasts for.
Fingers crossed.

TheArt.

I tried to enter that special mode (recovery) but it just boots into the system! I have had many phones and got into their recoveries quite easily. However seems like I misunderstood the instructions here? Can someone explain me more in detail how to perform the graphic test?

k3dar7

Apr 14, 2018
Can someone explain me more in detail how to perform the graphic test?
adb reboot recovery
Or
When poweron/reboot hold PowerBtn+VolUp until you see "no command" with green Android logo

In both method is switch from "no command" to menu by pressing PowerBtn+VolUp

TheArt.

adb reboot recovery
Or
When poweron/reboot hold PowerBtn+VolUp until you see "no command" with green Android logo
In both method is switch from "no command" to menu by pressing PowerBtn+VolUp

Eventually I did the "graphic test" which indeed performs just the animation as another user was saying, because WiFi issue has not improved.

What I was doing wrong when trying to access the recovery was simply not connecting the phone to a power source prior to pressing vol up and power.

dsgfh

May 5, 2011
Just picked a 7 plus a week back & loving the phone so far. Given it had 8.1 out of the box I went through the day 1 upgrades and had a few of these problems. Being a new phone, a factory reset post upgrade was no big deal (I keep everything backed up so it's rarely a big deal) and my wifi problems went away with it. I've found this with Android upgrades in the past. Hard for the Devs to treat every upgrade permutation given apps and time, but easy to test the clean slate, so more likely to be stable that way.

Alimughal

Sep 11, 2018
There is not any issue my is working there is a problem with nokia

When u try to enter yours SSID and password u will see an option advance click on it and role down and u will see one option hidden network no jus make it yes and there u go it will start working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was having some problems with adaptative battery turning on by itself so i talk with the support and they give me a trick that actually fixed the problem. They said that it can fix also another problems so i will explain here, in the worst case is just a waste of time.

Turn the phone off and connect to the charger.
    Enter recovery:
    -Hold power + Vol Up until the phone turn on and then release power but not volume.
    -You will see and ****ed up android. Hold power and press vol up for 3 seconds and release volume up.
    With this you will be in the recovery. With the vol keys go to "Perform a Graphic Test" and press power to execute. It is kinda weird but it doesn't perform a graphic test, it just reinstall a update or something
    So if you are experiencing some weird behavior you can try this and see if it solve it.
    I had the wifi issue and it worked for me. Now wifi connects after enable / disable flymode without rebooting the device.

thanks