[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies OpenDesireProject

Search This thread

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
DS is my daily driver so without gapps the phone is like a brick.

I'll test without gapps and without bootanimation. Too bad that booting takes like an hour.
I didn't mean you have to run it like that for eternity. I don't have the device so I can't perform any tests on saga myself thus the request for a simple test I'd otherwise do myself.

vojtah1

Aug 26, 2013
Brno
Xiaomi Redmi 3S
I didn't mean you have to run it like that for eternity. I don't have the device so I can't perform any tests on saga myself thus the request for a simple test I'd otherwise do myself.
I'm aware and I don't have a problem testing.

edit: Even without gapps.

edit2: I removed bootanimation and the phone flies. (with gapps) It's AWESOME.
btw. There is some bootanimation, it is an "android" word right in the middle with some shades going on.

edit3: HOLY ****!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mustaavalkosta

Mustaavalkosta

Dec 25, 2010
Tampere
opendesireproject.org
I'm aware and I don't have a problem testing.

edit: Even without gapps.

edit2: I removed bootanimation and the phone flies. (with gapps) It's AWESOME.
btw. There is some bootanimation, it is an "android" word right in the middle with some shades going on.

edit3: HOLY ****!
Looks like the full resolution boot animation is still being copied over instead of the half resolution one. I didn't verify that the build flag actually does what it should do. My ace probably only works because ART cache creation was already successful once and I upgraded on top of that and it didn't recreate the whole cache so the thing that causes the issue is fixed until it does. You can probably put the boot animation back too once it has successfully booted up once but full resolution boot animation will still slow down the boot due to being very resource hungry which causes ART cache creation to fail too thus causing the low memory warning. I know it doesn't make much sense that these things are related but something goes haywire because cache isn't created properly. Anyways, I will look into really including the half resolution version of boot animation.

vojtah1

Aug 26, 2013
Brno
Xiaomi Redmi 3S
Looks like the full resolution boot animation is still being copied over instead of the half resolution one. I didn't verify that the build flag actually does what it should do. My ace probably only works because ART cache creation was already successful once and I upgraded on top of that and it didn't recreate the whole cache so the thing that causes the issue is fixed until it does. You can probably put the boot animation back too once it has successfully booted up once but full resolution boot animation will still slow down the boot due to being very resource hungry which causes ART cache creation to fail too thus causing the low memory warning. I know it doesn't make much sense that these things are related but something goes haywire because cache isn't created properly. Anyways, I will look into really including the half resolution version of boot animation.

Yeah, you're right. I reflashed with original build (bootanimation is back) and everything seems to be fine.

MIUIMOKEECM

Apr 17, 2015
alipay and evernote can not work

支付宝钱包和印象笔记(中国版)不能使用
alipay and evernote can not work

rambojambo21

Oct 13, 2012
Bristol
Help in a bootloop

I'm stuck in a bootloop but cant seem to access recovery or fastboot with vol keys, it just goes to boot anim, anyone know how to help, I'm pretty knowledgeable at this sort of thing but I'm stumped if I cant find a way into recovery or fastboot.

I think its bootlooped due to not fastbooting the boot.img. Anyone I can fastboot that without getting to fastboot?

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012
I'm stuck in a bootloop but cant seem to access recovery or fastboot with vol keys, it just goes to boot anim, anyone know how to help, I'm pretty knowledgeable at this sort of thing but I'm stumped if I cant find a way into recovery or fastboot.

I think its bootlooped due to not fastbooting the boot.img. Anyone I can fastboot that without getting to fastboot?

Pull the battery out for a min then put it back then press vol down + power. It should boot into bootloader

Bl4ck0verlord

Apr 18, 2015
Donetsk
I install CM 12.1.
it work's faster than CM 12,but i have problem. when i call,
interlocutor hears me bad,he
hear what that hissing. help me please.

horbatiuk88

Nov 3, 2013
Hi everybody! I have an issue with some apps in build of 17 apr. For instance, CM browser works about 20-30 seconds, freezes for 1-2 sec and shuts down! It looks like not enought memory. (Other browser works fine) Same thing with other few apps!
I flashed 12.1 + gapps 5.1 once with full wipe ( deleted bootanimation zip before ). And I didn't change any settings. Maybe it can be fixed by updating next nightly? Or I should try to reflash it first :confused:
Thanks a lot for a 12.1! :good:
P.S. Same issue after update 20 apr(((

Last edited:

kylon

Dec 17, 2010
Does anyone find a way how to set profile picture? When I'm trying to open settings for Owner user I'm getting message "The contact doesn't exist".
This error also seems to be happen on Nexus 6 http://xdaforums.com/nexus-6/develo...ndroid-5-1-t3066269/post59772529#post59772529
No fix.
You can install google+ and sync your profile picture from there
Hi everybody! I have an issue with some apps in build of 17 apr. For instance, CM browser works about 20-30 seconds, freezes for 1-2 sec and shuts down! It looks like not enought memory. (Other browser works fine) Same thing with other few apps!
I flashed 12.1 + gapps 5.1 once with full wipe ( deleted bootanimation zip before ). And I didn't change any settings. Maybe it can be fixed by updating next nightly? Or I should try to reflash it first :confused:
Thanks a lot for a 12.1! :good:
P.S. Same issue after update 20 apr(((
Cm browser is buggy as hell.
It crashes here too.
The boot animation should be fixed on these builds.
Open speaker no sound
Phone can not light up screen
Take a log.

ramprabhu19

Jan 25, 2013
chennai
Stuck at HTC LOGO

Stuck at HTC logo after clean flash.
I am boot unlocked and s-off.
Flashing the ROM after cleaning my stock ROM. Now after flashing i got stable HTC LOGO...
Do i have to worry about kernel now? Do i have to change it ? if so please provide me the download link

na1pir

Dec 25, 2012
www.golob.mobi
incredible

I sync code and compiled everything, flash it and wow I am amazed by speed and stability (even my N5 crashes apps more then this ol' little beast)! After reboot I installed mini gapps and still all looks ok...
Strange that build from opendesireproject download page didn't work as good for me.... Only thing that I find not daily driver friendly is a fact that I can't find a way for spirit2_free to play a tune or two, something about kernel not supporting fm ... I might look into that... Sadly I don't know much about android or java to figure out what is the problem, any poiters? I know a thing or two about Linux kernel development if that helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    #include
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

General:
    These are UNOFFICIAL CM12.1 Lollipop Nightlies brought to you by Open Desire Project and TeamCodefire as a continuum to CM 11.0 and 12.0 builds. Builds are generated automatically on Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun. Process starts around 00:30 PST/PDT. If it fails, then there will be no build until the reason for failure is taken care of which can take time. Last 7 nightlies will be kept on the server. If you want a longer history of them, you are free to archive them yourself.

Thanks and credits:
    • Andromadus
    • CodeAuroraForum
    • CyanogenMod
    • BananaGranola
    • Epic Beard Men
    • eXistZ
    • Flemmard
    • Flinny
    • goo.im
    • Juansheng
    • paulb_nl
    • randomblame
    • synergye
    • Mustaavalkosta
    • TeamCodefire (for build server and hosting, priceless)
    • All the rest that have helped to construct these builds and develop software for ace directly or indirectly in the past.

Githubs:

Changelogs:

Installation instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies
    2. Download gapps from here
    3. Put the files on SD card
    4. Reboot to recovery
    5. Do factory reset (ie. format /system, /data, /cache, /sd-ext and /sdcard/.android_secure)
    6. Flash cm-12.1-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-saga.zip
    7. Flash gapps zip
    8. Remember to flash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    9. Reboot and enjoy

Update instructions:
    1. Download Nightlies
    2. Put the file on SD card
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Flash cm-12.1-YYYYMMDD-UNOFFICIAL-saga.zip
    5. Remember to reflash boot.img via fastboot if you have S-ON
    6. No need to flash gapps as CM backuptool script should take care of them (results may vary depending on which gapps package you are using)
    7. Reboot and enjoy

Kernel
    • Source: github
    • Compiler: stock AOSP gcc-4.8
    • Branch: cm-12.1
    • Kernel Version: 3.0.101
    • defconfig: saga_defconfig

Donations:
    • For build server & hosting: codefi.re (use the donation button)
    • I don't really need your money right now but if you insist on donating to me I suggest you donate that money to EFF instead here: https://supporters.eff.org/donate

FAQ:
    Q: I tried to flash the ROM and got this:

Code:
    Installing update...
    set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
    E:Error in /sdcard/..path od ROM.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Or I'm having other recovery issues.
    A: Download and install the latest recovery here.

Q: I've used HTC Dev unlock and flashed the rom but it won't boot. What should I do?
    A: You need to extract boot.img from the zip and flash it via fastboot. If you don't have fastboot executable anymore from flashing recovery, install Android SDK platform tools (Linux users should find it from distro's package management) and then reboot to bootloader, open command prompt and navigate to the location you extracted your boot.img and type:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img

You need to repeat this everytime you flash new version of this rom to ensure everything will work fluently as long as you have just basic HTC Dev unlock.

Q: Where are my developer and performance options?
    A: http://goo.gl/jpS8r

Q: Feature X doesn't work, let's make 1000 posts about it to annoy everyone.
    A: Please, dont. Use search and then use search again and only then report your problem with necessary logs. [Logcat guide, thanks to MusikMonk for the link]

Q: Hey, my old phone is running the latest Android version, i want to thank someone!
    A: Press thanks button here

Q: I hate you for not fixing this issue X!!!
    A: I love you too.

Q: How I can build CM12.1 myself?
    A: Setup a basic Android build environment.

Code:
    mkdir cm12.1
    cd cm12.1/
    repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-12.1
    mkdir -p .repo/local_manifests
    wget https://github.com/OpenDesireProject/android/raw/cm-12.1/local_manifest.xml -O .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml
    repo sync
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_saga-userdebug
    mka bacon

Once the build finishes you'll find your goods from out/target/product/saga/ directory.

Q: Something about something something something.
    A: Ask the guy/gal next to you.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies, ROM for the HTC Desire S

Contributors
    kylon, Mustaavalkosta, paulb_nl, Phantom Shadow
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Twrp 2.8.7.0
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-04-02
    Last Updated 2017-01-04
    Hi guys, how's development going? Seems a bit slow now :(

Was just wondering if my previous logcats are useful? Or applications crashes "don't matter" (in the sense you'll only look into OS features - i.e. wifi, calls, sensors...)?

Keep up the great work :good:
    I'm quite busy in my life right now and will likely be so for a while. I can't say anything for the others because we don't really work that tightly together - people just do things they want to do when they want to do them. I'm personally mainly interested in fixing WebView / RenderThread crash for the time being but it's not progressing very fast due to the aforementioned life situation among other things. I'm not making a stress source out of this project though so things progress at their own pace like it has been the past 3 years I've been involved with ace community. I'm sorry for any possible misunderstandings if this hasn't been clear.
    Our server is now upgraded to the next level. I emptied whatever donations I had received earlier and recently from saga users and in addition to upgrading the server I renewed it for another 3 months so it's now paid until 29/02/2016. I also renewed opendesireproject.org domain for another year from earlier donations sitting on my account and domain is now valid until 30/11/2016. Thanks for the contributions that will enable us to provide a bit better UX for everyone! :)

I'm in the process of uploading more of saga builds to dl.opendesireproject.org. Tomorrow's 12.1 build should have OTA app included so you can receive notifications of new builds, download them and even flash them with it (S-ON users still need to flash boot.img manually, there's nothing I can do about that). If 12.1 OTAs prove to be working ok, I'll probably extend this support to 12.0 builds too in the near future.

Edit: Warning: OTA flashing doesn't create backups before flashing. Keep this in mind especially with nightlies that can break whenever without warning.
    Is it theoretically possible to use the open source freedreno drivers? They support OpenGL ES 2.0 on Adreno 205. If so, they might resolve some graphical issues (if there are any left while using the new adreno blobs).
    Yeah, I guess it's possible but if we ask whether it's possible that I can make them work, that's a completely different story. :)

ps. I just heard back from Lapyyyyyy about cm-13.0 and apparently saga isn't worse than ace at this point which is nice. Maybe public nightlies will appear in the coming weeks.
    Freedreno is not a good idea.
    It will probably add more issues and glitches.
    Also, it does not fully support android phones and you need to write or edit the panel driver (maybe some other files) to work with it.