[Update 6] Today plugin for dual sim holders

Search This thread

Pelargonium

Apr 16, 2007
Here it is a Today Screen plugin that allows the display of the IMSI code (or a custom label for it) of the current active Sim. Works for all dual Sim solutions allowing to always know which is the SIM in use.

From my personal experience I prefer the use of simple power on-off solutions because they consume the same amount of energy of a normal SIM. The digital solutions provide a nice STK application but the resource consumption is not acceptable (especially for HTC Hermes). This plugin solve the main problem of the simple power on off Dual Sim holders: knowing which is the active Sim.

Configure your custom labels in the Today option dialog for the specific item (Dual SIM Today).

Update:
  1. Added menu to switch with a single click between the sim (works only for power on off adapter)
  2. Added the operator name associated to the SIM
  3. Some bugs fixed
Update 1:
  1. Added configuration parameter to:
    • Activate the display of operator name
    • Define the Sim switch mode: traditionally with a menu or directly with a tap & hold on the today screen (with the stylus or the scroll wheel)
  2. Some bugs fixed
Update 2:
  1. Added an option to disable the switch functionality
  2. Added the capabilty to open the option dialog directly from the today screen
Update 3:
  1. Direct access to the menu with the action button (or scroll wheel) without menu gesture
  2. Fixed bug in the highlight of the plugin
Update 4:
  1. Fixed bugs in the management of option dialog
Update 5:
  1. Show the last switch time
Update 6:
  1. Fixed operator name redraw

@forum users; help me in setting the priority of the enancements; currently they:
. support for Stk adapter
. support for dialin adapter
. check sim (periodically verify that the right sim is active)
. automatic switch based on specific rules

If the tool is useful for you feel free to donate something

Pelargonium

Attachments

• SIMTodayCab.CAB
    7.3 KB · Views: 2,612
Last edited:

Pelargonium

Apr 16, 2007
Some screenshots

Some screenshots for the plugin:

Attachments

• sshot002.jpg
    sshot002.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 12,434
  • sshot003.jpg
    sshot003.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 4,576
  • sshot004.jpg
    sshot004.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 2,953
  • sshot005.jpg
    sshot005.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 11,696
  • sshot006.jpg
    sshot006.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 11,701

anubus12

May 4, 2006
This is sweet! Thanks. Now just need to find a dual sim adapter that is compatible with 3G.

QtKiguis

Jan 17, 2007
Plugin is brilliant. Ideal for me would be to include it in plugin existing for the Today. I do not understand of programming but I have found this in wiki:

Show Network Operator Name in today screen
Restoring Today Item: WiFi, BT and Phone Connection Status:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items]Create "Wireless" use Key

"Flags"=dword:00000000
"Options"=dword:00000000
"DLL"="netui.dll"
"Order"=dword:00000000
"Enabled"=dword:00000001
"Type"=dword:00000004

Enable clicking on the today plugin above to open Comm Manager

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\WrlsMgr]Create String Value "Redirect"

"Redirect"= "\Windows\CommManager.exe"

Pardon by my English. I am Spanish. Thanks.

JPW

Dec 9, 2006
not happy

Hi guys

just thought I'd let you know

I've downloaded you sim today program and ran on my hermes but now cant get my phone to work!!

It hangs when trying to load the today screen - I've had to hard reset and start from scratch

As I said NOT HAPPY - beware you may get same probs

Jon

Pelargonium

Apr 16, 2007
Plugin is brilliant. Ideal for me would be to include it in plugin existing for the Today. I do not understand of programming but I have found this in wiki:

Show Network Operator Name in today screen
Restoring Today Item: WiFi, BT and Phone Connection Status:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items]Create "Wireless" use Key

"Flags"=dword:00000000
"Options"=dword:00000000
"DLL"="netui.dll"
"Order"=dword:00000000
"Enabled"=dword:00000001
"Type"=dword:00000004

Enable clicking on the today plugin above to open Comm Manager

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\WrlsMgr]Create String Value "Redirect"

"Redirect"= "\Windows\CommManager.exe"

Pardon by my English. I am Spanish. Thanks.

I really do not understand your question. Could you please explain it better? The plugin already shows his interface in the Today screen and can be configured in the standard way. Do you want the plugin show the operator name or some other information?

Pelargonium

Apr 16, 2007
Hi guys

just thought I'd let you know

I've downloaded you sim today program and ran on my hermes but now cant get my phone to work!!

It hangs when trying to load the today screen - I've had to hard reset and start from scratch

As I said NOT HAPPY - beware you may get same probs

Jon

JPW, I have your same configuration in term of base software (except for Hermes, mine is an Hermes 200) and it works. Did you tried the plugin immediatly after the reset?
In order to understand what happened can you write details of the problem? when does the hermes hang? during installation, configuration, etc? What other software do you have?

Thanks and sorry for the problem.

Last edited:

Lurker0

Sep 22, 2006
Moscow
Is it specific to Hermes somehow, or should it work on any WM5 device?

Can it be used with multi-SIM SIM cards (like 16-in-one), or it is somehow intended only for (some?) dual-SIM adapters?

Pelargonium

Apr 16, 2007
Is it specific to Hermes somehow, or should it work on any WM5 device?

Can it be used with multi-SIM SIM cards (like 16-in-one), or it is somehow intended only for (some?) dual-SIM adapters?

It is not related to Hermes. It uses standard Windows Mobile APIs. I tested it on Hermes and WM6 (Black 2.0 and 2.5) but it should work on every devices with WM 2003 and up.

The basic plugin should also works for every multi sim card. The functionality to switch the active card is currently working only for power "on off" dual sim card (I'm developing a version that works also for digital dual sim holder).

Pelargonium

QtKiguis

Jan 17, 2007
Hello, Pelargonium
I enclose a photo to you with which I consider that he would be ideal. To integrate the DualSIm Plugin in the Wireless Plugin, since space is saved.
I have a SIMORE GOLD that works perfectly with the TYTN, although the change I have it to do with menu of own dualsim. The one of plugin does not work to me. I hope to help but that to bother, and again, pardon by my english.

Pelargonium

Apr 16, 2007
Hello, Pelargonium
I enclose a photo to you with which I consider that he would be ideal. To integrate the DualSIm Plugin in the Wireless Plugin, since space is saved.
I have a SIMORE GOLD that works perfectly with the TYTN, although the change I have it to do with menu of own dualsim. The one of plugin does not work to me. I hope to help but that to bother, and again, pardon by my english.

I understand your requirement but the component that you mention (netui.dll) is not customizable. Sorry.

Regarding the sim switch functionality of my plugin, I'm developing a version that works also with digital adapter.

Pelargonium

Last edited:

qdavhen

Nov 12, 2005
Hi, I think you're product is great, just what I've been looking for BUT... I'm afraid to say it doesn't quite work. I have an early dual sim adaptor (cut) that requires the phone to be turned off/on to switch. I'm running it on a Orange M600 (prophet) with Jesterz 2.20 rom. Your switcher switches the phone off OK and then back on... BUT it doesn't register on the network.. just gives me a "!" next to the little signal icon. It displays the right number for the sim and all just doesn't fully re-establish the signal. I have also loaded a WM5 version of WIVIT sim switcher (from this group) but as it doesn't allow me to define my own number it's no good. However, when I have WIVIT loaded and on screen, YOUR product works fine.

I would rather just use your product. Any clues on how I might be able to fix this?

Thanks

Dave.

Pelargonium

Apr 16, 2007
Hi, I think you're product is great, just what I've been looking for BUT... I'm afraid to say it doesn't quite work. I have an early dual sim adaptor (cut) that requires the phone to be turned off/on to switch. I'm running it on a Orange M600 (prophet) with Jesterz 2.20 rom. Your switcher switches the phone off OK and then back on... BUT it doesn't register on the network.. just gives me a "!" next to the little signal icon. It displays the right number for the sim and all just doesn't fully re-establish the signal. I have also loaded a WM5 version of WIVIT sim switcher (from this group) but as it doesn't allow me to define my own number it's no good. However, when I have WIVIT loaded and on screen, YOUR product works fine.

I would rather just use your product. Any clues on how I might be able to fix this?

Thanks

Dave.

@qdavhen, I tested the plugin only on Hermes with different WM6 Rom, because I don't have other devices. let me test it on the WM5 sdk emulator and I'll give you a feedback.

qdavhen

Nov 12, 2005
Thanks Pelargonium,

I've found that after running your program if I go into phone options and select "Find Network" then the phone starts again. I've been doing some digging around and *think* it might have something to do with needing to wait longer between switching off and then back on again... hope this helps.

Pelargonium

Apr 16, 2007
Thanks Pelargonium,

I've found that after running your program if I go into phone options and select "Find Network" then the phone starts again. I've been doing some digging around and *think* it might have something to do with needing to wait longer between switching off and then back on again... hope this helps.

Fixed and updated the first post. I've also added the name of the current operator. Please try it and give me a feedback.

Thanks

Pelargonium.

qdavhen

Nov 12, 2005
Pelargonium,

Works a treat! Thanks! A couple of small changes that would make this perfect... you have added the operator (eg. O2-UK - 123456789) I would suggest removing the minus sign AFTER the operator and just leave a space. Also rather than tapping and holding and then selecting "switch sim" is it possible to have it switch sim automatically when tapping and holding? These are just small things. Otherwise it is fantastic! Dave.