HTC Home works on Excalibur !

Search This thread

mat2206

Oct 14, 2006
Darmstadt
I found the CAB in another thread. There were warnings about Installation, another Guy had to do a Hardreset to get his Device booting.
I tried out and on my O2 XDA Cosmo with WM6 it works fine.
I think the Device becomes slower but I like the Homescreen.

Try it on your own risk!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Captured-1.jpg
    Captured-1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 1,954
  • Captured-2.jpg
    Captured-2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 1,370
  • Captured-3.jpg
    Captured-3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,835
  • Captured-4.jpg
    Captured-4.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,207

gsportz156

Oct 10, 2007
do u know if their is a htc home customizer for this...i can only find for ppc that does not work on the excalibur

Last edited:

mat2206

Oct 14, 2006
Darmstadt
@ipwoof

You can´t choose the Persons. When you choose "favorite People" and switch the Middle Button (I don´t know the name :eek: ), then -on my device- a new window opens with the saved numbers.

sunjay

Aug 21, 2007
This is nice home screen, is there any way to add one more tab for launcher and different icons..

thanks in advance

thirdstripe

Dec 22, 2007
Ottawa
I can't get the contacts shortcut to work. When I select it the 'config' screen comes up and disappears a second later not allowing me to put contacts in the shortcut. Any ideas out there.

jumran

Jun 8, 2007
Worked fine on my phone with the Rogers Rom. Looks nice but would look better if it had vista aero effects. Free memory does drop from 22MB to 15 MB on the Rogers Rom.

ashasaur

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 11, 2007
Florence
www.youtube.com
Hmm, I seem to be having a problem aswell....everything installs fine, but once I restart my phone...it tries to load at startup and comes up with the message-"Keyboard Hook failed. Program closed" or something along those lines...any ideas guys?

01rdgolf

Dec 28, 2007
Hmm, I seem to be having a problem aswell....everything installs fine, but once I restart my phone...it tries to load at startup and comes up with the message-"Keyboard Hook failed. Program closed" or something along those lines...any ideas guys?
oh wow... thats the first time i heard of that problem. i havent had anything like that. :knocks on wood:

jumran

Jun 8, 2007
Did that. I had the same problem. Every time you install something else on it, it goes right back to acting like that. :( I dunno If i like it anymore.

Try using this version. It doesn't seem to have the issue with the contacs and takes up less memory.

Attachments

• Gregory_HTCHomeN.cab
    1.3 MB · Views: 551

mar11974

Dec 23, 2006
Tried it, nice but I wanted access to the MRU so here is what I came up with.

Just extract to your SD card and it will appear in the Home Screen Layouts.

This is the HTC Home replacing the Appointments with MRU.

See the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• HTCMRU.zip
    893 bytes · Views: 249
  • HTCMRU.jpg
    HTCMRU.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 534
Last edited: