[Q] problem on 2g network[SGY]

Search This thread

wanyakuza

Jan 7, 2014
ipoh
why sometime when i try to active data it does not show the icon on status bar? , BTW i try to switch plane mode n turn off back .but still does not work..can anyone solve my problrm plz .

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
wht u mean by carrier?

carrier = the network operator you are signed to - the company you pay your phone bill to

you wont get 2g if

you have not enabled 2g in phone settings/your phone is not set for 2g in apn settings (you can force only 2g network connection if you dont have 3g)
your carrier doesnt support 2g (my carrier only supports 3g and 4g)
you have no signal
you dont have imei (dial *#06# and it will show your imei - if it is blank you have lost imei and need to change rom/kernel/flash ril fix)
you dont have a 2g data plan

Last edited:

wanyakuza

Jan 7, 2014
ipoh
carrier = the network operator you are signed to - the company you pay your phone bill to

you wont get 2g if

you have not enabled 2g in phone settings/your phone is not set for 2g in apn settings (you can force only 2g network connection if you dont have 3g)
your carrier doesnt support 2g (my carrier only supports 3g and 4g)
you have no signal
you dont have imei (dial *#06# and it will show your imei - if it is blank you have lost imei and need to change rom/kernel/flash ril fix)
you dont have a 2g data plan

but in my apn setting it show 'maxis 3g internet' which mean this support on 3g or both?

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
but in my apn setting it show 'maxis 3g internet' which mean this support on 3g or both?

only your provider and you will know what services you get

2g is near enough obsolute where I am when it comes to internet - only calls still remain on some networks on 2g - you will have to contact your carrier provider

wanyakuza

Jan 7, 2014
ipoh
only your provider and you will know what services you get

2g is near enough obsolute where I am when it comes to internet - only calls still remain on some networks on 2g - you will have to contact your carrier provider

BTW , i want to ask u why when i was flash bacem tweak n change the volt , it still does not effect my battery..?,n when i check terminal emulator it show not found

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
BTW , i want to ask u why when i was flash bacem tweak n change the volt , it still does not effect my battery..?,n when i check terminal emulator it show not found

i dont use it - maybe it requires busybox or the kernel doesnt support it

custom kernel maybe undervolted anyway so there probably isnt much point to it