Broke my Tytn II mini-usb slot

Search This thread

kingmully

Nov 6, 2009
Poor man fix Possibly if your lucky

Hi all, i have this issue and ignored it for a while as i can still have usb charge only. I came to realise which pin i actually broke by removing the battery and i could see the whole usb port from the rear of the port.

i noticed that my GND pin 5 on the usb (NOT the handsfree side) was broke and only the soldered part of it was still on because the pin are bent in right angles to reach there positions.

Ths explained the theory that if you place your stylus in you actually damage the pin and bend the angles more and more until they give. Which can me only two times as these pins are realy thin.

so i am 100 % sure that my GND 5 PIN is the problem as chargers use this for the ground. But usb cables maybe can use the ground from the Headphones GND to get a connection (maybe). So if anyone can charge from the usb cable pc then it is this pin that is broke.

I am working on a way to get a ths wire connected to left over part of GND pin and try to extend it to the normal place of this pin.

ill let you no if it worked or not

kingmully

Nov 6, 2009
fix

I managed to solder the black negative wire to the usb housing of a male usb mini and now it charges without any problem. The housing is used as a substitute for pin 5 that is negative because it has a metal shield as standard.

to make it easier for some noobs, just get a usb female to a usb mini cable and cut it off and solder the negtive black wire to the shield cable around all the wires. AS standard all usb cable have this shield metal that conects to the usb housing.

This is a FIX if you have managed to break the pin5 when inserting the stylus in the usb rather than the RESET button.

windtrader

Mar 23, 2009
My usb charging jack is wrecked but the phone still works except for the usb sync stuff and no charging.

The battery has 6 contacts and I would like to know how to "hotwire" the battery to the external charger's usb usb. Anyone see a sheet showing usb pins to battery connectors?

rider120

Sep 30, 2009
Could you send me photos of precedure of changing mini USB connector on Tytn II?
Thanks and sorry for my bad English

Hakim Rahman

Oct 28, 2010
in here

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 233
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 222
  • t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 223
  • t4.jpg
    t4.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 222
  • t5.jpg
    t5.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 224
  • t6.jpg
    t6.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 220
  • t7.jpg
    t7.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 219
  • t8.jpg
    t8.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 226

revnu

Oct 20, 2010
Hallo,

ive also a broken usb-port on my kaiser.

Can someone PLZ point me on that replacementpart ? I cant find it on E-Bay.

What phrase i have to search for ? I can find anything by searching for "enhanced mini usb, emu, etc"

sdnsilva

Jul 12, 2010
I had trouble with the connector .. At first it was just the connector, but other problems have appeared with time as lack of sound in the speaker and the keyboard to open the screen image to disappear, and made ​​me change the flex. I spent $ 90 ...
Exchange and labor.

Top Liked Posts