Full root for A10x and A5xx ICS. Simple method.

Search This thread

battletank

Jun 22, 2005
London
I've tried this method with all three ICS leaks from Vache, and in each case, although root is achieved, system RW is not. I've since unlocked the bootrom, installed CWM, and Tabooyay, but still I don't have RW access to the system directory.

It's a brand new device, so I hadn't rooted Honeycomb before installing ICS - could this be the reason why?

It's not something I need all the time, but I'd like to be able to switch RW on occasionally; is there something I can do?

cheeb

Dec 17, 2006
I've tried this method with all three ICS leaks from Vache, and in each case, although root is achieved, system RW is not. I've since unlocked the bootrom, installed CWM, and Tabooyay, but still I don't have RW access to the system directory.

It's a brand new device, so I hadn't rooted Honeycomb before installing ICS - could this be the reason why?

It's not something I need all the time, but I'd like to be able to switch RW on occasionally; is there something I can do?

At the very least....have you installed Root Explorer?....it allows you to switch R/O and R/W with the touch of a button....

eww245

Aug 19, 2008
Throop

Try this script, from a terminal cd to the directory where mount.txt is located.
Then:
Code:
$ su
# sh mount.txt -o remount,rw /system
# cp mount.txt /system/bin/mount
# cp mount.txt /system/xbin/mount
# chmod 755 /system/bin/mount
# chmod 755 /system/xbin/mount
# mount -o remount,ro /system

If busybox is updated this procedure must be done again.

Attachments

• mount.txt
    342 bytes · Views: 129

andybess22

Oct 2, 2009
Pittsburgh
I updated to ICS today and ran the root script and everything worked fine. But i reset the tablet and lost root by mistake. I tried running the script again but it wont root. I am thinking i need to delete the /data/local folder but root explorer wont work because i dont have root. Is there any other options?

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
I updated to ICS today and ran the root script and everything worked fine. But i reset the tablet and lost root by mistake. I tried running the script again but it wont root. I am thinking i need to delete the /data/local folder but root explorer wont work because i dont have root. Is there any other options?
Re-install the ICS update, factory reset, then root.

andybess22

Oct 2, 2009
Pittsburgh
yea it does

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 387

Jesse6749

May 1, 2010
T.B.A
This also works on the new Acer Iconia A510!!!!!

Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).
How to:
1. The tablet should be already upgraded to ICS for A100.
2. Download this archive on the computer. Unpack it to any place.
3, On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on.
4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer.
5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file: for windows - runit-win.bat; for Linux - runit-linux.sh.
The root is received!
6. Now you will have to install the following programms:
SuperUser APK
Titanium Backup

ATTENTION!
Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!

This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

PS: I understand English rather badly, but I'll try to help, if it is necessary. :)
PS2: Command "Mount ro/rw" for directory /system (partition) - works perfectly!

Just so everyone knows, this root kit also works on the new Iconia A510.
I just got my Acer Iconia A510 from Amazon this morning and decided to install the USB drivers and tried this rooting kit and low and behold I got full root access. :D:D:D:p:p:p

Thanks ZeroNull!!!!

Last edited:

jasonevil

May 9, 2010
Lincolnton, NC
Try this script, from a terminal cd to the directory where mount.txt is located.
Then:
Code:
$ su
# sh mount.txt -o remount,rw /system
# cp mount.txt /system/bin/mount
# cp mount.txt /system/xbin/mount
# chmod 755 /system/bin/mount
# chmod 755 /system/xbin/mount
# mount -o remount,ro /system

If busybox is updated this procedure must be done again.

i'm having the same problem....

rooted, unlocked bootloader, installed CWM....flashed CM9 plus Gapps. now i can't adb in to do anything.

so, where exactly is mount.txt located to run this?

I just got my Acer Iconia A510 from Amazon this morning and decided to install the USB drivers and tried this rooting kit and low and behold I got full root access. :D:D:D:p:p:p

Thanks ZeroNull!!!!

Thanks x2 ZeroNull and Jesse from me! It worked great on my A510, I'm rooted and runnin'! :D

Last edited:

burbank

Aug 17, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Thanks x2 ZeroNull and Jesse from me! It worked great on my A510, I'm rooted and runnin'! :D

I'm having trouble making this work. It looks like the files get pushed properly but then it fails. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Full root for A100 ICS. Simple method.
-
-
Device connected. Preparation for executing of the main script.
mkdir failed for /data/local/tools, File exists
push: tools/su -> /data/local/tools/su
push: tools/runit.sh -> /data/local/tools/runit.sh
push: tools/mount.sh -> /data/local/tools/mount.sh
push: tools/mempodroid -> /data/local/tools/mempodroid
push: tools/getroot.sh -> /data/local/tools/getroot.sh
push: tools/delroot.sh -> /data/local/tools/delroot.sh
push: tools/busybox.sh -> /data/local/tools/busybox.sh
push: tools/busybox -> /data/local/tools/busybox
8 files pushed. 0 files skipped.
794 KB/s (839527 bytes in 1.031s)
776 KB/s (37273 bytes in 0.046s)
-
Preparation is finished.
-
Executing of the main script.
link failed File exists
mkdir failed for /system/sbin, File exists
error: device not found
The file "su" isn't created!
-
Not getting root! :(
-
Error!
-
Press any key.

eww245

Aug 19, 2008
Throop
So this mount.txt script. Is it something I need to add to the batch file to get the a510 root script working properly?

I'm not sure if the a510 has issues with mounting /system rw but It's only an alternative for ZeroNull's mount script, busybox can be updated then follow my instructions to get /system rw again. This will not root your device.

@ZeroNull sorry for posting this here was just trying to help the user that had issues with your script.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

How to:
    1. The tablet should be already upgraded to stock ICS for A100/A101 (or stock ICS A500/A501/A510 for other tablets).
    3, On a tablet: "Settings" -> "Applications" -> "Development" -> "USB debugging" switch on.
    4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer (Before connection it is recommended to update the driver for a tablet from here: A10x, A50x, A510).
    5. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file: for windows - runit-win.bat; for Linux - runit-linux.sh.
    The root is received!
    6. Now you will have to install the following programs:
    SuperUser APK
    Titanium Backup
    At first it is necessary to start the Superuser program, at least 1 time after receiving root. And only then programs that require root access.

ATTENTION!
    Don't install Busybox! It is already installed and established! If you reinstall it, some programs will become unable to access root permissions!

Change:
    The error of final check of receiving root is corrected (The messaging that "root" isn't received, though it was not so)
    Support of A510 of tablets is improved

This method uses the 'mempodroid' exploit and some workings out by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

List of rooting versions:
    New - ICS_rooting_A10x_A5xx.zip
    Old - ICS_rooting.zip

PS: I understand English rather badly, but I'll try to help, if it is necessary. :)
    PS3: This method does not work on the A511 tablets
    This also works on the new Acer Iconia A510!!!!!

How to:
    1. The tablet should be already upgraded to ICS for A100.
    4. Сonnect the tablet to the computer.
    The root is received!
    6. Now you will have to install the following programms:
    SuperUser APK
    Titanium Backup

ATTENTION!

Thanks ZeroNull!!!!
    Always please!

Not at all :D
    I was afraid that something was translated incorrectly. But now everything is all right! :)
    We do have recoveries, CWM and TWRP, not sure what you are offering? Unless you mean a way to install them without unlocking, which is fine, but we lose use of recovery entirely that way. Or I'm just not understanding, in which case I apologize, I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything.

Tapatalked from my Galaxy S II.

Ah, right, that's what I was offering, sorry. No need for that then :)
    is this a permanent root? or temporary? it give r/w permission on system folder?
    Permanent :)