[PT] Nexus 5 - Portugal thread

Search This thread

ToneJeco

Feb 7, 2013
I've searched but I didn't found any thread for the portuguese market.

So, I think that we needed this place to talk about the long waited Nexus 5.

Last year was very to us to get the Nexus 4 (at least at a fair price). Due to the stock crash only in January or February it was available at the main stores like Fnac or MediaMarkt but priced over 550€.

I hope that this year we could have it a lot earlier. Last year Google released some of his services in our country, like books or music. I hope (ok, I haven't that much hope...) they carry on launching their services so that we could have Play Devices but it is unlikely.

Lets see what comes and which retailers would sold it. And we'll alwways have services like forward2me and, my favorite, friends all over Europe :laugh:

Reactions: MRKikas

daemonios

Mar 25, 2011

Last year was very to us to get the Nexus 4 (at least at a fair price). Due to the stock crash only in January or February it was available at the main stores like Fnac or MediaMarkt but priced over 550€.

I hope that this year we could have it a lot earlier. Last year Google released some of his services in our country, like books or music. I hope (ok, I haven't that much hope...) they carry on launching their services so that we could have Play Devices but it is unlikely.

Lets see what comes and which retailers would sold it. And we'll alwways have services like forward2me and, my favorite, friends all over Europe :laugh:

I approve of this post. I've also looked around the Nexus 5 forum and only found a way that involves using Tor and setting up a fake Google account, then buying from the UK, sending to a UK address and having the phone re-shipped to Portugal. This is way too much of a hassle for me and I can't say I fully trust it to work or be particularly cheap.

If anyone knows of a reputable online retailer that stocks the Nexus 5 and ships to Portugal, can you give us a heads up please? Or if you come up with an easier way of getting this candy into our hands?

ToneJeco

Feb 7, 2013
Handtec has it on pre-sale with delivery expected arround November 11th. It's a litle pricey, it'sm about 359£ to the 16GB and about 401£ to the 32GB version. I'm not sure if we must add shipment dosts to Portugal but if so I don't that is over 10€.

I've read on another forum that forward2me has a special to this device that theeirselves bought the device and just ship it to you but needs to check this.

Reactions: daemonios

daemonios

Mar 25, 2011
Thanks, ToneJeco. I'll check out those options. It's a bit of a markup compared to the £299 on Google Play or £295 at Carphone Warehouse, but who knows? :)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Griffrez

May 14, 2011
Personally, I'm going to try one of the The Phone House stores (The Phone House = Carphone Warehouse in Portugal, and other countries) and see if they could get a Nexus 5 in. Somehow.

daemonios

Mar 25, 2011
I might do that as well. Did it in Media Markt already (they'll warn me if and when they get the Nexus 5), as they previously had the Nexus 4 for some time.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

sudoeste

Dec 26, 2009
Fnac.pt will unveil the nexus 5 next week, so next week we'll know if it's an official LG launch or not.
If it is the phone will be available in practically every major chain.

For those thinking about buying via playstore and forward2me it's much cheaper to buy from carphone warehouse (less hassle with mbnet declines, free postage to forward2me and no need for personal shopping)

Sent from my CINK FIVE using Tapatalk

Reactions: ToneJeco

inculto

Dec 20, 2009
Coimbra
i think ill have to do it like a i did with my nexus 4.
find a friend in uk and ask them to buy it and send it to me... its cheaper...
but first i need to sell my n4, money isnt that much in my pocket...
but good idea to start a thread for our contry...

Nexus Phreak

Jul 5, 2012
LX
Managed to grab two 16GB Nexus 5 (BLK) directly from the German Play Store, through a work colleague based in Germany and should have 'em with me sometime during next week. :victory: :fingers-crossed:

Fnac.pt will unveil the nexus 5 next week, so next week we'll know if it's an official LG launch or not.

For those thinking about buying via playstore and forward2me it's much cheaper to buy from carphone warehouse (less hassle with mbnet declines, free postage to forward2me and no need for personal shopping)
Really ?! Because I've called FNAC today after reading your post and they had no idea what the heck I was talking about. And based in a past experience, ordering from Carphone Warehouse (even to a UK forwarding address) was actually a PITA.

:eek:

sudoeste

Dec 26, 2009
Managed to grab two 16GB Nexus 5 (BLK) directly from the German Play Store, through a work colleague based in Germany and should have 'em with me sometime during next week. :victory: :fingers-crossed:

Really ?! Because I've called FNAC today after reading your post and they had no idea what the heck I was talking about. And based in a past experience, ordering from Carphone Warehouse (even to a UK forwarding address) was actually a PITA.

:eek:

You called a store correct? See Fnac.pt 's facebook

eddie_gordo

Apr 7, 2010
Porto
I've ordered a black 32Gb one from the UK play store... Well, not me, but a friend of mine who's working in London.. He will then send it to me through Royal mail. I hope to have it by the 11th or 12th of November..! :)

Cant wait!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

ToneJeco

Feb 7, 2013

I'm a litle afraid of Fanc's prices since last year they sold Nexus 4 @ 600€ but things may be diferent if LG make it official. I hope so since they seem to be trying hard to push their image and get their space in the smartphone's market with G2. A Nexus device is always a good way to increase that recognition.

I almost bought N5 this weekend but I believe is better to chill a bit and wait, I really have no hurge so I'll wait to see how the things evolve and how will be the availability here in Portugal. But that price from carphone is very tempting :p

Griffrez

May 14, 2011
I'm a litle afraid of Fanc's prices since last year they sold Nexus 4 @ 600€ but things may be diferent if LG make it official. I hope so since they seem to be trying hard to push their image and get their space in the smartphone's market with G2. A Nexus device is always a good way to increase that recognition.

I almost bought N5 this weekend but I believe is better to chill a bit and wait, I really have no hurge so I'll wait to see how the things evolve and how will be the availability here in Portugal. But that price from carphone is very tempting :p

Nope, you got the same problem. LG wanted to charge 600 for the N4. They'll probably do the same for the N5. So, even if it's an official release, we'll have it for 600€ over at FNAC.

Nexus Phreak

Jul 5, 2012
LX

Problem is, it isn't that easy to get CPW to send you anything to Portugal, even through a UK forwarding address. Firstly, because you need a credit or debit card associated to an UK billing address (I don't think you can do that with MBNet) and secondly, you need a real UK mobile phone number, something that services like Forward2me do not provide.

And I highly doubt FNAC Portugal will have the Nexus 5 in the coming week as a representative stated at FNAC's facebook page. Right now, the availability of the Nexus 5 in B&M stores isn't a reality with CPW being one of the very few exceptions so it's highly unlikely they'll have it in stock this week. But let's see what happens. ;)

sudoeste

Dec 26, 2009
Lg has several country wide launches scheduled for this week, so I don't thing that's so unlikely

Synergix

Nov 4, 2013
Hi everyone.

If I buy a Nexus 5 in the UK to use in Portugal (I have a friend in London that can buy it) will all radios work correctly in Portugal? I know GSM is the same in all Europe but what about 3G LTE. Can anyone confirm or tell me how I can check it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone.

If I buy a Nexus 5 in the UK to use in Portugal (I have a friend in London that can buy it) will all radios work correctly in Portugal? I know GSM is the same in all Europe but what about 3G LTE. Can anyone confirm or tell me how I can check it?

You won't have any problem. :) LTE works the same way in the UK as in Portugal.

Cheers.
    And it's here! Everything went fine (apart from nobody being home at the delivery address when they came round, but it was quickly solved by picking up the phone at their warehouse). The phone's great, everything's working fine so no issues with sending it back to Spain just yet :)

Unfortunately hiperelectro seem to be out of stock, but good luck everyone getting your Nexus!

Handtec has it on pre-sale with delivery expected arround November 11th. It's a litle pricey, it'sm about 359£ to the 16GB and about 401£ to the 32GB version. I'm not sure if we must add shipment dosts to Portugal but if so I don't that is over 10€.

I've read on another forum that forward2me has a special to this device that theeirselves bought the device and just ship it to you but needs to check this.