Brightness Changes for no reason?

Search This thread

xFaultx

Jun 18, 2010
Anyone else having an issue with the brightness changing on their Note 3? I DO NOT have auto brightness on. Often times when using apps, the brightness will change, from maybe 100% to 70%. Its not a huge change, but its really annoying that it does this. I have a slider for the brightness on my notification screen, and it will still be at full when its at the 70% (Im not sure what the actual percentage is, just a guess). If I move the slider down and back up, its back to normal. Any ideas what this is?

johnnybravo19

Jun 28, 2014
Havelock, NC
Almost positive

Anyone else having an issue with the brightness changing on their Note 3? I DO NOT have auto brightness on. Often times when using apps, the brightness will change, from maybe 100% to 70%. Its not a huge change, but its really annoying that it does this. I have a slider for the brightness on my notification screen, and it will still be at full when its at the 70% (Im not sure what the actual percentage is, just a guess). If I move the slider down and back up, its back to normal. Any ideas what this is?

I am almost certain that this is because of the screen modes the phone has in the display settings. You should by default be on Adapt Display and that will change the setting automatically depending on if you're playing a game, watching a movie..ect..
Hope that answers that for you.

xFaultx

Jun 18, 2010
I am almost certain that this is because of the screen modes the phone has in the display settings. You should by default be on Adapt Display and that will change the setting automatically depending on if you're playing a game, watching a movie..ect..
Hope that answers that for you.

It will be while already browsing a page, after a random interval, the screen will go dark. Not always, but it happens relatively often