VZW Update? (Screenshots)

Search This thread

sebastianraven

Jan 4, 2007
Laguna Beach
Hey guys, it looks like Verizon is rolling out an update. I clicked to see what was inside but it took me to a broken link. Does anyone know anything about this?

4hwkuq.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170914-210434.jpg
    Screenshot_20170914-210434.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:

teegunn

Dec 14, 2010
Mine is installed and upgrading android and optimizing apps.... I will know soon!

teegunn

Dec 14, 2010
Yeah mine is the same. Can't tell any differences so far. The link for what the update contains was broken, so I have no details. I am sure they will be posted here soon enough though.

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
Mine just completed. Odd, they updated the kernel with a date of 9/8 but did not push the Sept security patch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170915-003553.jpg
    Screenshot_20170915-003553.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:

CtrlZThis

Apr 28, 2015
Thanks to you two for that then lol. Can't stand people that pick others stuff and post it taking credit. But anyway thanks for the help... I had no idea what the update was for and just clicked it in a half sleep this morning.

I was reading about that bluebourne vulnerability so glad they covered that. Anyone know who runs that blog?

Reactions: sebastianraven

Dodge DeBoulet

Mar 4, 2012
Thanks to you two for that then lol. Can't stand people that pick others stuff and post it taking credit. But anyway thanks for the help... I had no idea what the update was for and just clicked it in a half sleep this morning.

I was reading about that bluebourne vulnerability so glad they covered that. Anyone know who runs that blog?

The article author's email address is at the end of the article. I don't know that he runs the blog, but someone keeps deleting my comments. The vulnerability IS NOT FIXED by this update. Armis' vulnerability scanner indicates that my updated Note 8 is still vulnerable.

EDIT: A post to a VZW update thread on Reddit suggests that the Armis app may be providing a false positive. I've emailed Armis with a request for verification and will followup if/when they reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: CtrlZThis

sebastianraven

Jan 4, 2007
Laguna Beach

No idea. Someone cool obviously. :confused:

joeyx2

Sep 30, 2010
The link worked for me. Says it update the swipe on the keyboard and better gps in nav apps.

Dodge DeBoulet

Mar 4, 2012
The article author's email address is at the end of the article. I don't know that he runs the blog, but someone keeps deleting my comments. The vulnerability IS NOT FIXED by this update. Armis' vulnerability scanner indicates that my updated Note 8 is still vulnerable.

EDIT: A post to a VZW update thread on Reddit suggests that the Armis app may be providing a false positive. I've emailed Armis with a request for verification and will followup if/when they reply.

UPDATE: Version 1.04 of Armis' app now correctly reports that VZW Note 8s have been patched to eliminate the vulnerability.

kbhasi

Sep 22, 2010
Singapore
Well, I was prompted to install this update on my "SM-N950F/DS" (international variant), and maybe the update you're getting includes some of these changes?

Screenshot_20170918-154157.jpg

parmend

Apr 11, 2010
Fort Worth
I noticed that I can't see the device maintenance option anymore. I was trying to look to see my free ram available

Top Liked Posts