[Guide] Comcast Xfinity TV Go App on FTV

Search This thread
Jan 19, 2016
ChiTown!!!!
Hello Everyone!
I have been able to get my Xfinity TV Go app working on the FTV.

1. Download the Xfinity.apk [Mediafire]
2. Buy or Download the "Mouse Toggle for Fire TV" [Google Play - $2.99]
3. Install Mouse Toggle on an android device (tablet or phone) and make sure you are on the same network as the FTV stick.
4. Follow instructions on the Mouse Toggle app (EXTREMELY SIMPLE)
5. Install the Xfinity.apk to the FTV via ADB
6. Open the Xfinity app on the FTV
7. If the Mouse Toggle installed and is running QUICKLY double tap <PLAY/PAUSE> and you will see a cursor on the screen. Move it with the D-Pad and select Username/Email
8. Login with your Comcast Account
9. Profit?

I have done this and it 100% works! It is still a bit of a pain to have to switch to D-Pad mode to scroll and the Mouse Mode to select but all in all it works!

Thanks and any comments/feedback is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
@AndroidDeveloper4Life

Great guide write-up. Been using the Mouse Toggle since last year. Once you get use to it. It will become second nature to switch back and forth.

Are any of your FTV's rooted ? If so, is XFinity blocking playback on rooted devices ? Are you live streaming from XFinity on a FTV Stick ? Is it smooth? Asking because the ATT Uverse app has been pain if your rooted or overall too.

Jan 19, 2016
ChiTown!!!!
Thanks.
I do not have a rooted fire tv stick but will get one of the 3 in the house done soon. But it is great quality live streaming (about 1 min behind normal cable). Looks great almost HD quality. We have the 2nd step plan on the Cable (sorry it doesn't give a name online), and we also have the sports addon and everything works great. Of course it will take a min for it to reach HD quality upon loading a channel. But have access to 70+ channels and probably like 90+ if we had HBO, Showtime and all that. But it works great! A he|| alot better than Kodi live tv!

Reactions: Y314K

lightykd

Dec 4, 2008
I have a rooted Fire TV 2 and the Xfinity apps work fine for me. Been using these apps for months now,

Reactions: Y314K

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
Thanks.
I do not have a rooted fire tv stick but will get one of the 3 in the house done soon. But it is great quality live streaming (about 1 min behind normal cable). Looks great almost HD quality. We have the 2nd step plan on the Cable (sorry it doesn't give a name online), and we also have the sports addon and everything works great. Of course it will take a min for it to reach HD quality upon loading a channel. But have access to 70+ channels and probably like 90+ if we had HBO, Showtime and all that. But it works great! A he|| alot better than Kodi live tv!
Great to know. They seem to have added a ton of channels from last time. Will definitely give it ago. Thanks.

I have a rooted Fire TV 2 and the Xfinity apps work fine for me. Been using these apps for months now,
Great, will get an account from a friend to try it out. Haven't tried XFinity for close to two years. Glad they got their act together.

Also my bad experience might also be due to FireOS 3 vs FireOS 5. Since all my rooted FTV's are 1st Gen & are still on FireOS 3 waiting for an update.

Tried Uverse on a stock FTV Stick but there where still problems with both Amazon & PlayStore versions of the app.

What version of the XFinity app are your two using?

Last edited:

lightykd

Dec 4, 2008
The Xfinity apps are great but it would be nice if they had D-Pad/button support. Like stated earlier, get that mouse ready!

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
The Xfinity apps are great but it would be nice if they had D-Pad/button support. Like stated earlier, get that mouse ready!
Have been using & am used to the Mouse Toggle for Fire TV app since Nov. of last year. So no worries if a mouse is needed. Used to have some Logitech M325's hooked up to my 1st Gens. Don't anymore. I really like the scrolling options of the Mouse Toggle for Fire TV.

atoneapone

Jun 16, 2016
Thanks.
So does this really work on a nonrooted firetv stick running any software os3 or latest os5? Does it continue to work today( a couple months later)?
I'm trying to find out if I need a rooted ftv to play xfinity tv go app or is any nonrooted ftv1,2,or stick fine?
I tried it with a new cheap Android box but kept getting error 3322 on all the channels.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
So does this really work on a nonrooted firetv stick running any software os3 or latest os5? Does it continue to work today( a couple months later)?
I'm trying to find out if I need a rooted ftv to play xfinity tv go app or is any nonrooted ftv1,2,or stick fine?
I tried it with a new cheap Android box but kept getting error 3322 on all the channels.
Yes it worked fine. My problem is that I have a game controller and no remote.

I borrowed one from the neighbors to test it out

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Bray90820

Apr 9, 2010
When I try to run this app it says no wifi connection use mobile data connection I am using a friends login so I just wanna make sure I'm not using there data

MaStA819

Nov 12, 2012
Hampton Roads, VA
Today I tried installed the latest Xfinity app since the old one has been discontinued. When I try to launch it a black screen shows for a few seconds and goes back to the app list. Has anyone had any luck getting the latest version installed and working?

d3adpool

Dec 9, 2007
Today I tried installed the latest Xfinity app since the old one has been discontinued. When I try to launch it a black screen shows for a few seconds and goes back to the app list. Has anyone had any luck getting the latest version installed and working?

The tv go app still works, it just gives you an error on the home screen. You can still go to Live and search for content to watch. As far as the xfinity tv app goes you'll need to find an older version like 3.2.0.016 which works.

MaStA819

Nov 12, 2012
Hampton Roads, VA
The tv go app still works, it just gives you an error on the home screen. You can still go to Live and search for content to watch. As far as the xfinity tv app goes you'll need to find an older version like 3.2.0.016 which works.

I know it still works, but is there ever going to be a time that it doesn't? It appears Comcast made the new app not function on a firestick or something. A little disturbing for the future...

Scarphac3

Mar 8, 2011
So when I go to live tv now in the app all the channels have been removed and it says to get the new xfinity tv app and they have stopped supporting xfinity tv go.

I installed the latest xfinity tv app but it just ends up crashing every time. Any help?

Last edited:

hermeticist

Jul 21, 2008
Just install Kodi and then install the Exodus add-on.
You'll be able to watch every tv show and movie (that I've searched for) for free.

Also in better quality than Comcast. I have the X1 box and it looks like 720p resolution.

The difference is clear when you stream Amazon or Netflix at 1080p.

Puma81

May 16, 2008
This doesn't answer the question at hand and yes it is another solution. What we are asking here is has anyone been able to get the current xfinity tv app to work on the firestick?

runningonE

Nov 10, 2016
I actually got the new xfinity app to work on my fire tv, BUT i can't log in because it says you need internet explorer to log in. I used version 3.2.0.016 and i also tried the two versions after this version and they worked, BUT will not let you sign in your account. Is there any way i can download the app log in on my computer and then side load the app to the fire tv. I'm sure someone will figure this out. the tv go said they are not going to have it anymore, you can still watch some on demand movies on it, but no live TV.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed it!!

Hi all,
    So after a weekend of staring at code and many upon many changes, debugs, uninstalls, and reinstalls I have finally gotten a version of the app (3.12) to work on my firetv. All it took was adding the AndroidTv activities to the manifest. I have firetv remote usage (not just Mouse Toggle). It looks like comcast is planning for AndroidTV in the future base on the code and what the modification does.

BlueKalel
    The How To

Hi all,

I decided not to post the link for reasons, however I will describe what I did for knowledge purposes. What you do with it is up to you.

Tools used:
    APK Icon Editor
    apktool
    APK 3.12.0.021 APK from apkpure.com

1.) Download APK
    2.) Decompile the APK
    apktool d {download location} -o {output location}
    3.) Goto {output location} open AndroidManifest.xml

4.) Add the below lines after line 78
    Code:
            <activity android:label="" android:launchMode="singleTop" android:name="com.xfinity.cloudtvr.view.AndroidTvBrowseActivity" android:theme="@style/DefaultAppTheme.Xtv.Browse" android:windowSoftInputMode="adjustPan"/>
            <activity android:configChanges="orientation|screenSize" android:label="" android:launchMode="singleTop" android:name="com.xfinity.cloudtvr.view.PlayerActivity" android:parentActivityName="com.xfinity.cloudtvr.view.AndroidTvBrowseActivity" android:theme="@style/DefaultAppTheme.Xtv.Browse.Player" android:windowSoftInputMode="adjustPan">
                <meta-data android:name="android.support.PARENT_ACTIVITY" android:value=".view.AndroidTvBrowseActivity"/>
            </activity>
    5.) Recompile the APK
    apktool b {output location}
    6.) open APK in APK Icon Editor
    7.) In APK Icon Editor File -> Explore APK Contents
    8.) copy {output location}/build/apk/AndroidManifest.xml to the Explore APK Contents - [replace file]
    9.) In APK Icon Editor File -> Export (Pack) APK
    10.) Sideload

This should work on other APKs but I haven't tried it.

There maybe an easier way but this is the way I did it. Enjoy & have fun learning.

Thanks,
    BlueKalel
    Found this link under a pile of woodchips: http://bit.ly/2qJOHy1
    (This is not BlueKalel's file. I don't think it's even the same version.)

I still have to learn how to do this myself. But then I would have to install some stuff like Java 7 (JRE 1.7).

Has anybody done this mod to the latest UVerse App. Let me know. :cool:
    it would be nice if someone who was successful could repackage the apk and upload it for those who don't have the editing tools please
    https://kefir500.github.io/apk-icon-editor/
    https://ibotpeaches.github.io/Apktool/