Team Black Out Presents...The Dark Side of the Source...Black and Clear Apps

Search This thread

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Hi guys - I have what might be a stupid question - if there's a zip ie: black play store for Nougat - but there isn't one listed for the 64 os does that mean that it's just not available or it will work regardless?

Hi guys - I have what might be a stupid question - if there's a zip ie: black play store for Nougat - but there isn't one listed for the 64 os does that mean that it's just not available or it will work regardless?

Arm is universal, Google has never done playstore for arm64. You're good to use normal MM-N zip

TONY6669

Inactive Recognized Themer
Apr 14, 2012
chicago
Added a couple more goodies to the Updater!

Please note: yes, I know YouTube is one update behind, but I don't have time to do it right now.

Enjoy!
01caefb1ecfef11c806cd9ce847ef16c.jpg
80820f2d2509722b7bca94c5589e9782.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
You are a themeing God....

Sent From Gurple TapaTalk

[] AL []

Recognized Contributor
Feb 22, 2011
Yo!

another question for the YouTube master:

The 'get YT Red' main background is set in smali or does it have a specific style that eludes me?

(I just noticed this yesterday as it won't show in settings if I use a vpn server of a country where YT Red is not offered...)

Cheers

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1491906098353.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1491906098353.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 672

Train88

Oct 8, 2013
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 8
Yo!

The 'get YT Red' main background is set in smali or does it have a specific style that eludes me?

(I just noticed this yesterday as it won't show in settings if I use a vpn server of a country where YT Red is not offered...)

Cheers
No idea honestly since I have YouTube red

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Yo!

Cheers
I'll look for it using the strings when I update again

[] AL []

Recognized Contributor
Feb 22, 2011
No idea honestly since I have YouTube red

- - -

I'll look for it using the strings when I update again

Thanks and nevermind. A rookie mistake agsin; I just had to zoom in my ss to get my answer...

Simply the card_frame.9 pngs again...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1491983577538.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1491983577538.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 330
Hi guys,

has TBO Youtube theme support for KK stopped?

thank you.
It appears so. Since Train is already constantly pumping out updates for 6 different versions of YT (black arm, black arm64, clear arm, clear arm64, theme ready arm, theme ready arm64) it would be unreasonable to expect him to maintain for a completely different OS that is soon to be 3 years old and has a completely different system structure.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Reactions: seanskiT!

Phone_Guru

Jul 11, 2010
Jerusalem
Train,
Do you know where to find the color of the main background in the latest versions of YouTube? It used to be in colors.xml as primary_background. Now that doesn't work. I also can't find where to change the colour of the description of a video. It used to be in watch_info_card_portrait.xml in the layout-v17 folder.

Thanks

Train,
Do you know where to find the color of the main background in the latest versions of YouTube? It used to be in colors.xml as primary_background. Now that doesn't work. I also can't find where to change the colour of the description of a video. It used to be in watch_info_card_portrait.xml in the layout-v17 folder.

Thanks

You could always user diffmerge to compare the last YouTube with new one to see changes made. Just a tip, I have no idea lol

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Hi guys,

has TBO Youtube theme support for KK stopped?

thank you.

Yup, Google didn't keep them all the same. He's not doing an extra 4 just for kitkat and below. We might start trimming the fat and drop support before lollipop. Google app and a few others are doing special old apk versions cause us to theme an app completely different. I'm not going to keep updating Google app for it either. Someone here is welcome to take over support but it's getting to be way to much work.

DJ

[] AL []

Recognized Contributor
Feb 22, 2011
Train,

Thanks
Yo,

Well, your question just reminded me that the video description text color was one of - if not- the last thing left on my YT todo list...

So I digged a little and between the 27 entries I had with the corresponding color code and the 54 files containing: android:id="@id/description", I've finally deducted that it had to be the 'slim_metadata' xmls (line#32 in both layout and layout-v17) and it worked!

As for the backgroud, I didn't try to change, but I did check in my and Train's smali_classes2\com\google\android\apps\youtube\app\watch\watchwhile\WatchWhileLayout.smali and the edit still calls for primary_background color public id. So no clue why it wouldn't work...

[] AL []

Recognized Contributor
Feb 22, 2011
there, it used to be my much darker secondary color but it's better with white now that descriptions no longer expand from straight under the title. The contrast with links is also better: win-win.
edit: oh well my small ss looks like crap... just trust me that it works - lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1492089071595.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1492089071595.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

TONY6669

Apr 14, 2012
chicago
You could always user diffmerge to compare the last YouTube with new one to see changes made. Just a tip, I have no idea lol

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Yup, Google didn't keep them all the same. He's not doing an extra 4 just for kitkat and below. We might start trimming the fat and drop support before lollipop. Google app and a few others are doing special old apk versions cause us to theme an app completely different. I'm not going to keep updating Google app for it either. Someone here is welcome to take over support but it's getting to be way to much work.

DJ
I did Google app 3 times this week because of updates it is a pain in the a## to keep up with along with YouTube so I don't blame @Train88 ... These apps take time keep up your good work guys

I did Google app 3 times this week because of updates it is a pain in the a## to keep up with along with YouTube so I don't blame @Train88 ... These apps take time keep up your good work guys

Yeah I'm officially dropping Google app beta support...I'll be only doing stable LP or newer. Sorry guys but those old phones need updates/replacing! Lol

Phone_Guru

Jul 11, 2010
Jerusalem
[ said:
AL [];71843693]Yo,

Well, your question just reminded me that the video description text color was one of - if not- the last thing left on my YT todo list...

So I digged a little and between the 27 entries I had with the corresponding color code and the 54 files containing: android:id="@id/description", I've finally deducted that it had to be the 'slim_metadata' xmls (line#32 in both layout and layout-v17) and it worked!

As for the backgroud, I didn't try to change, but I did check in my and Train's smali_classes2\com\google\android\apps\youtube\app\watch\watchwhile\WatchWhileLayout.smali and the edit still calls for primary_background color public id. So no clue why it wouldn't work...

I didn't notice that change about behavior of the video description. It must be very new. The description was themed but the title was not. I managed to change it with slim meta data main color in colors.xml instead of messing with two files in layout. Thank you for the push in the right direction. In terms of the main background when you say the edit still calls for the primary_background colour so you mean that you had to change it from what it was.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ForumTBOmain.jpg

Click the quote above to access the site

BEFORE YOU START READ THIS:

Also located in the updater Help and Guide section!
    Make a full system backup - Use these at your own risk!!!!!

Signed Install:
    Before you do anything uninstall all stock versions that you normally get from the playstore!
    You cannot install our apps with the stock app installed anywhere!

-Click on the DOWN arrow in the top right hand corner
    -You will see the download in progress
    -Then a prompt to install the apk after the download completes
    -Enjoy the Themed apps

Make a full system backup - Use these at your own risk!!!!!
    Flash in Recovery:
    You must uninstall updates from the playstore before flashing the zip...

-click on the down arrow in the top right hand corner
    -you will see the download in progress
    -then a prompt to reboot in to recovery to flash zip once download completes
    You will still need to go to the "downloads" folder to flash manually!

Click the TBO icon to get the updater app

OR

CLICK HERE

Team Black Out is a team of both veteran app "Inverters" and new-comers that want to learn. With over A lot of popular Blacked Out and Transparent Android apps in our list, we are sure to not only amaze you but to guarantee once you use our Themed Apps you'll Black Out for a while.. The Team isn't doing ROMS though. We are simply combining the great minds of some of the Best in the Business when it comes to making apps Blacked Out or Transparent. We have only a few team members now because some are planning on being lightly active, so if you're already into doing Blacked Out apps, hit us up if you wanna join. We don't want to train people from the ground up but you don't have to be the best either. We will are hosting guides on this site to help walk people through the process of Inverted Apps...

T-BOTS.png

T-BOTs are the Team Black Out Testers. When we update an app or start a new one from scratch, we can put anywhere from 20 minutes to 10 hours into 1 app for all of you and then testing that app can take 10-60 minutes and we don't use every app we Black Out so we're bound to miss some hidden things. Well, this is where our Loyal T-BOTs come into play. Once we update an app they get busy looking for issues for us. This gives us more time to be able to update more apps, start new apps or just have some non-android fun. So make sure you thank the T-BOTs when you get blown away from how amazing these apps are!

Obviously this style is the most popular. We don't theme our apps with images but rather Invert the Colors so you'll have Dark backgrounds and Light texts. This is very popular and has become something that many avid Android users have come to thoroughly enjoy so we will do our best to give you more of what you love!

Transparent.png

Transparent apps have become more popular the last year or so and some members of the Team have been offering them for a while now. Our transparent series of apps are called Clear Apps. Being able to see your wallpaper while you're using your favorite apps is just cool! We'll be offering our own wallpapers soon for you to use!

Ok kids... click on "Welcome to the Dark Side" at the top and it will take you to our official Team Black Out website! All downloads are hosted there only to keep track of everything. If you've used any of our apps in the past in your Aroma installers or in your ROM, you can still use them. Link back to our SITE wherever you post our content tho. Do not post something in a different forum using our work and then PM us to let us know and hope it's ok with us.... It isn't. Ask first and we'll work with you but ask for forgiveness and we have a problem.

Thanks
    TBO
    GO AND GET 'EM!
    6a2f1a3a65eb6371ac3e70f317d45b39.jpg
    1c1b29b4c54f21e8691ce03ae15372b7.jpg
    7267dd4fa1dd241c9f3b84a94a7b9345.jpg
    abc17946783205a8d5041b97f79beae8.jpg

Saving eyes from bleeding, one app at a time.
    Attention:

TBO will do one more nice size batch of updates then be back next year after holiday break. The thread will be closed meanwhile. Thank you and happy holidays!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    So much love in the updater and a little surprise appearance....pictures>words..have a look:

3a943b4bc2956d4ec11d22a418f326fe.jpg
    4a2368cd6f3a08b038ef937854d3c1b4.jpg
    fe1c19e545354fbdacbbfb56574b2478.jpg
    c325c3db6ee71b9f9a148bb40ef891e6.jpg
    eb25e178acbdd3bbb32640096e21900c.jpg
    b8cab62f31cc80c044ba488a8afc2cb9.jpg
    505779a5cbab6dc1196909e4200d9df4.jpg
    f1cda090db6c4ca509d81a20e0aeca0e.jpg

OP and site updated to v6.2 New updater!

Many updates for the holidays we will close the thread tomorrow night to get update issues fixed if any reported. This is the LAST update until the New year but I will add some wallpapers in the next few days...keep an eye out!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM TEAMBLACKOUT

DJ

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk