[ROM] Android Open Kang Project - toro - build 35

Search This thread

mbh87

Jun 16, 2010
Idaho
the updated touch recovery no longer gives status errors. Koush fixed it in the latest build.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

S_rob7488

Sep 28, 2010
Franco nightly kernel 11 and getting not so great battery... also have the 2100mAh extended battery. Anyone got any advice? 8hours 51 min 23%...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

Chopes

Apr 11, 2010
Question about ROM Manager and this ROM. Is this ROM in the download section or update-able through ROM Manager premium? I see a bunch of other ones such as 'bugless beast' listed in there, was just wondering.

vick1377

Jan 4, 2012
Central Jersey
Franco nightly kernel 11 and getting not so great battery... also have the 2100mAh extended battery. Anyone got any advice? 8hours 51 min 23%...

With aokp 21 and franco 14 kernel I got about 14-15 hours on extended battery with 2.5 hours of screen time on 4g (no wifi), texting, emails and browsing etc.. With milestone 3 and franco 15 didn't get that good of a battery but you do want to drain it completely once after flashing a new kernel to see how it is. I flashed lean kernel 1.8 as people claimed it's pretty good on battery. I will also test out kernel by faux123 and trinity 512 and 484 as well which people claimed tremendous battery life. We are on 4g LTE, that does drain pretty quickly when used though.

Kevin3328

Sep 1, 2011
Connecticut
Wow just flashed this rom.... milestone 3 to be exact... this rom is a work of art and just simply the best I have tried.... AWESOME!!!!

S_rob7488

Sep 28, 2010
With aokp 21 and franco 14 kernel I got about 14-15 hours on extended battery with 2.5 hours of screen time on 4g (no wifi), texting, emails and browsing etc.. With milestone 3 and franco 15 didn't get that good of a battery but you do want to drain it completely once after flashing a new kernel to see how it is. I flashed lean kernel 1.8 as people claimed it's pretty good on battery. I will also test out kernel by faux123 and trinity 512 and 484 as well which people claimed tremendous battery life. We are on 4g LTE, that does drain pretty quickly when used though.

I am constantly checking my phone tho...I am not patient although I am about dead on battery so I will let it drain and give it a good charge tonight. I've heard good things from Trinity and faux keep us posted on how they are....I might have better battery if my 4G wasn't switching back and forth between 3G all day also...

vick1377

Jan 4, 2012
Central Jersey
I am constantly checking my phone tho...I am not patient although I am about dead on battery so I will let it drain and give it a good charge tonight. I've heard good things from Trinity and faux keep us posted on how they are....I might have better battery if my 4G wasn't switching back and forth between 3G all day also...

So far with lean kernel 1.8 with milestone 3, I charged the phone lastnight and took it off the charge left on wifi all night, it drained 6% in 8 hours. Then I used it in the train listening to music, browsing internet, xda forum, rootzwiki forum and droidsforum etc.. I'm at 72% after 10 hours with 45 minutes of screen time. Also, in milestone 3 i set the options screen off - LTE off, screen off - wifi off (now) when on wifi. I undervolt with the following settings with min/max at

350/1350
1350/1175
1200/1125
920/1025
700/925
350/850

Anyone using different settings, let me know your results. I'm going to use this kernel for few days to test it out, heard nothing but good about it so gotta give it a shot. The benchmark score on this was 5800, on franco 15.1 nightly kernel was about 6400. i think those numbers mean nothing. I will test out next Trinity 384 then faux123's latest kernel. They are all on me /sdcard/downloads :), all I have to do is flash lol:).

vladimirhtg

Jan 19, 2012
I've heard good things from Trinity and faux keep us posted on how they are....
i've had faux's up for about 2 hours so far and not super happy yet. been burning battery, im down to 83% after the 2 hours with about 30 minutes of screen time. francos was actually a lot better for me in this case. but....i promised myself that i would try faux's so i think i'll let it stick around until tomorrow night (another full charge/cycle) and see what happens.
anybody have input? i've been underclocking (700 to 1000 mhz) with cfq/interactive on both kernels.

vick1377

Jan 4, 2012
Central Jersey
i've had faux's up for about 2 hours so far and not super happy yet. been burning battery, im down to 83% after the 2 hours with about 30 minutes of screen time. francos was actually a lot better for me in this case. but....i promised myself that i would try faux's so i think i'll let it stick around until tomorrow night (another full charge/cycle) and see what happens.
anybody have input? i've been underclocking (700 to 1000 mhz) with cfq/interactive on both kernels.

Go lower though. You don't 700 when in sleep mode. Use 350/1350 or 350/1200 with the uv settings I posted above. Then compare the results. You can only conserve battery the most when in sleep mode, that's when you don't want it to drain at all if possible. When using on 4g we all know it drains faster but lk1.8 is doing better job when using 4g actually. Franco's 14 was pretty good for me but 15 with milestone3 drained faster. Let it settle down for a day or two, then see what happens. I'm going to give it a try for few days before flashing next kernel.

dru06

Feb 24, 2010
Santa Ana, CA
Answer phone calls

Hi, I loaded this rom earlier this week and i have have come across a very odd problem. If i am using the my phone and i get a call i am not able to slide the icon to answer, i have to turn the screen off then when i turn it back on i can now answer the phone. I am running aokp_toro_build-21, if you need more info please let me know.

thank you.

Romanbb

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
aokp.co
Hi, I loaded this rom earlier this week and i have have come across a very odd problem. If i am using the my phone and i get a call i am not able to slide the icon to answer, i have to turn the screen off then when i turn it back on i can now answer the phone. I am running aokp_toro_build-21, if you need more info please let me know.

thank you.

update to M3 or disable hide nav bar option

Reactions: dru06

trevoryour

Nov 14, 2009
Thanks. I had to wipe for milestone -> build 15.

I really hope CM9 implements their "togglebar" the same way as your ROM. I vastly prefer it to what the super-alpha builds of CM9 (and CM7) currently have. My GN is doing great on this ROM. I'm currently using Trebuchet launcher which does need some stability work, yet. Just out of curiosity, is it possible to get the delay on the screen rotation less than 10ms? I'm also looking forward to having icons-only in the "togglebar" rather than text, but the text is very much bearable.

I've yet to fool with the power saver mode. The OP makes it seem like it's ready to use, but the warning displayed when you go to the menu is offsetting. It's not a big deal wiping data; what kinds of errors are being had?

I just installed milestone 3 and I love it but when I tried to restore my titanium backups I noticed that Trebuchet wouldn't load. I had to kill Titanium because it was stuck trying to load it. I tried manually installing the apk file using root explorer and noticed that the icon being displayed was the little green android dude which isn't right and it was not appearing as an option when I tried to select launchers. Nova seems to work fine but I can't get Trebuchet to load. Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Find the latest releases here

Find milestone-4 here

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to me
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    why doesnt the OP update the god damn links. both download links go to 404's and have for a while. SHAPE THE F UP!
    Wow you're an ahole

why doesnt the OP update the god damn links. both download links go to 404's and have for a while. SHAPE THE F UP!

Why haven't you learned by now that the aokp site is http://aokp.co? SHAPE THE F UP!
    For those of you using Nova Launcher, the latest update lets you put the app drawer in the nav bar now.

ROM Control>Navigation Bar>select a button>custom app>choose Nova Launcher>app drawer
    All I know about wiping is that ladies should always wipe front to back. I personally don't care how many times you wipe, so long as it gets the job done we're good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA