LED notification and brightness for stock 2.3.4?

Search This thread

schmit

Apr 21, 2011
Passing through..
On the new stock 2.3.4 that was just released, there are 2 features I miss greatly.. one is the dimming of the led lights.. and the other is using them as a notification. Has anyone found an app that works? I did find 1 notification app but from what I read, it sucks the battery down cuz it flashes.. can't do a steady light.

Thanks !

vn00914361

Dec 24, 2010
Westminster
Try LG Optimus 2x Touch Key Lights. That really works to adjust to light level of these touch keys =)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

schmit

Apr 21, 2011
Passing through..
thanks gang.. not sure why, but LG touch kkey wasn't working but its working now. Good to go. Just need a good power control widget that'll go in the notification bar.. and I'll be good. Tried widgetoid.. don't like the gps toggle, doesn't work. Well.... i should try it again, lol

GTWalling

Aug 6, 2011
Birmingham
thanks gang.. not sure why, but LG touch kkey wasn't working but its working now. Good to go. Just need a good power control widget that'll go in the notification bar.. and I'll be good. Tried widgetoid.. don't like the gps toggle, doesn't work. Well.... i should try it again, lol

I was just turned on to Notification Toggle in the Play Store for the control in the notification bar. Check it out.

schmit

Apr 21, 2011
Passing through..
I was just turned on to Notification Toggle in the Play Store for the control in the notification bar. Check it out.

ha, i'm getting all kinds of help on this thread. :) thanks dude! Ok, I'll try another shot to get help on this thread. :) On the new 2.3.4.. every time I get a txt, my screen turns on for just a sec or 2... I can't find a way to keep the screen off on received txts. Kinda stupid if i'm in a txt conversation w/ someone.. screen keeps coming on.

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
ha, i'm getting all kinds of help on this thread. :) thanks dude! Ok, I'll try another shot to get help on this thread. :) On the new 2.3.4.. every time I get a txt, my screen turns on for just a sec or 2... I can't find a way to keep the screen off on received txts. Kinda stupid if i'm in a txt conversation w/ someone.. screen keeps coming on.

There's a link in the thread I started about the application for notification toggles in this sub-forum. As to your question about the text things. Your phone lights up while you're texting? That's kind of normal don't you think. The screen coming on when the text comes in is a stock messaging thing. Nothing that can be done except installing a custom messaging application, as far as I know, I like that it lights up.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

schmit

Apr 21, 2011
Passing through..
There's a link in the thread I started about the application for notification toggles in this sub-forum. As to your question about the text things. Your phone lights up while you're texting? That's kind of normal don't you think. The screen coming on when the text comes in is a stock messaging thing. Nothing that can be done except installing a custom messaging application, as far as I know, I like that it lights up.

ha, not while i'm texting... duh, the screen would need to be on for that, haha. When I receive a text, the screen turns on. The other day I was txting with a friend then I got into the middle of something and she sent another 5txts.. and the screen kept turning on. Pretty wasteful on the battery..

GTWalling

Aug 6, 2011
Birmingham

Sorry, would have given you credit but I forgot who it was. :-( Big thanks though love it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LG Touch LED Notification