[ROM][MIUI][11/07/2012] MIUI.us v4.1 2.11.30 Jellybean based ROM

Search This thread

0xD34D

Feb 7, 2009
San Diego

miuiusanim.gif

MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
MIUI v4.1 For AT&T SGS 2 (Skyrocket)

This build is based on MIUI Jellybean, if you are looking for ICS you want version 2.8.10

Installation Instructions:

• Place ROM zip file in your SD card
  • Boot into recovery
  • Create a backup
  • Factory reset if coming from a different ROM, wipe cache/dalvik-cache if updating from a previous build of MIUI v4.1
  • Install zip from SD card
  • Reboot and enjoy!
Not Working:

• I'm sure there is something, so let me know what you find.

Changelogs:

ROM Changelog:
  • Patched MIUI to use the old Theme Manager - 11/07/2012
  • Now built using latest CM10 since miui is now based on Android 4.1.2
  • Updated base using AOKP unofficial build from September 18th
  • Now the re-mounting bug seems to be squashed (keeping my fingers crossed) - 9/9/2012
  • Removed "RECOMMEND" tab from Sms/Mms app
  • Added 20M and 50M download limits to Download Manager
  • Random re-mounting of external storage (I believe this is resolved, let me know if you still experience this)
  • Camcorder working (720p max, video distorted at 1080p)
  • Camera now supports up to 8MP
  • Fixed MIUI Music Player not playing music
  • Fixed Network Assistant FC
  • Fixed mounting of external storage via USB
  • Fixed incoming calls not being received
  • Fixed sound quality using libs provided by Eugene373
  • First release - 9/3/2012

MIUI Changelog
BUGS/ISSUES:
Found a bug or have an issue with the functionality of this ROM? Head on over to http://bugs.scheffsblend.com/describecomponents.cgi?product=MIUIUS-SKYROCKET-JB and see if the bug or issue exists and if not please feel free to file a new bug with the bug tracker. This is the best way to have the issue officially documented and for myself to keep track of known issues as they occur.
If it's an app related bug/issue click on the link that says "Apps" on that page and proceed with filing a new bug or searching for an existing one
It it's system related, such as sound or wifi issues, then click on the link that says "System" on that page and proceed with filing a new bug or searching for an existing one.
Using this tracker in conjunction with this forum thread will help me out and help others find out if this issue is known and is being worked on or fixed.

If you are looking for an ICS based MIUI please see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688532

Last edited:

thangnga

Aug 5, 2008
I'm downloading!!! I'm in VN and use Skyrocket Unlocked! It's run 3G very bad! I hope this rom help me! Thank U!!

whitesox311

Feb 26, 2008
Chicago
man, exciting day.:cool:

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Link to darkside superwipe is not working

Do we even really need to use darkside anymore, anyway?

whitesox311

Feb 26, 2008
Chicago
APN settings for those who have wap.cingular APN settings instead of LTE PTA:

AT&T APN Settings
Enter exactly as shown

Name: ATT pta
APN: pta
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: none
APN type:default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri,internet
(make sure NO spaces after commas)

hexaemeron

Dec 4, 2011
I'm a noob, but I ran into a few problems. On the native kernel, the rotations were inverted, so I went to instagator's. Once I got that up, I tried bringing all my apps in (no data, just the apps themselves) via Titanium, and I'd get 3-4 apps at a time before it froze, so I just gave up, lol.

stoopendis

May 10, 2012
Burnaby B.C
I'm a noob, but I ran into a few problems. On the native kernel, the rotations were inverted, so I went to instagator's. Once I got that up, I tried bringing all my apps in (no data, just the apps themselves) via Titanium, and I'd get 3-4 apps at a time before it froze, so I just gave up, lol.

Almost exactly same here with the screen rotation. Downloaded a few apps via tb then it just quit. Now tb has disappeared but all app managers say it's installed?!!

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda premium

AlonB.

Mar 10, 2012
Toronto, ON
Got the screen rotation bug too. For a temporary workaround just turn off automatic rotation.

Edit: BTW, awesome ROM Op. Never tried miui before, pretty cool!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-727R using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

miuiusanim.gif

MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
    MIUI v4.1 For AT&T SGS 2 (Skyrocket)

This build is based on MIUI Jellybean, if you are looking for ICS you want version 2.8.10

Installation Instructions:

• Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    • Boot into recovery
    • Create a backup
    • Factory reset if coming from a different ROM, wipe cache/dalvik-cache if updating from a previous build of MIUI v4.1
    • Install zip from SD card
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    Not Working:

• I'm sure there is something, so let me know what you find.

Changelogs:

ROM Changelog:
    • Patched MIUI to use the old Theme Manager - 11/07/2012
    • Now built using latest CM10 since miui is now based on Android 4.1.2
    • Updated base using AOKP unofficial build from September 18th
    • Now the re-mounting bug seems to be squashed (keeping my fingers crossed) - 9/9/2012
    • Removed "RECOMMEND" tab from Sms/Mms app
    • Added 20M and 50M download limits to Download Manager
    • Random re-mounting of external storage (I believe this is resolved, let me know if you still experience this)
    • Camcorder working (720p max, video distorted at 1080p)
    • Camera now supports up to 8MP
    • Fixed MIUI Music Player not playing music
    • Fixed Network Assistant FC
    • Fixed mounting of external storage via USB
    • Fixed incoming calls not being received
    • Fixed sound quality using libs provided by Eugene373
    • First release - 9/3/2012

MIUI Changelog
    BUGS/ISSUES:
    Found a bug or have an issue with the functionality of this ROM? Head on over to http://bugs.scheffsblend.com/describecomponents.cgi?product=MIUIUS-SKYROCKET-JB and see if the bug or issue exists and if not please feel free to file a new bug with the bug tracker. This is the best way to have the issue officially documented and for myself to keep track of known issues as they occur.
    If it's an app related bug/issue click on the link that says "Apps" on that page and proceed with filing a new bug or searching for an existing one
    It it's system related, such as sound or wifi issues, then click on the link that says "System" on that page and proceed with filing a new bug or searching for an existing one.
    Using this tracker in conjunction with this forum thread will help me out and help others find out if this issue is known and is being worked on or fixed.

If you are looking for an ICS based MIUI please see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688532
    2.9.7.3 update

I just threw together an update that incorporates the InstigatorX kernel and modules to alleviate the device specific issues people were having. I've also updated the instructions in the OP which removes the need to do a super wipe.

Enjoy. Now off to work I go.
    This line sketches the **** out of me.

Still on 9-18 base? I'm already at a dislike to AOKP but an old build?

Now that miui is using Android 4.1.2 the base has changed to a CM10 nightly. I like to build my own bases so I will be syncing up CM and building the base each week.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app
    Sorry, server is still syncing so the DL will show up soon.

I got this thread started faster than I thought I would :p

In the mean time here is a direct link
    http://roms.miui.us/skyrocket/MIUI.us_skyrocket_v4.1_2.9.7.2_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_0xD34D.zip
    2.11.2 Status

For those that care to know,

Xaiomi, the creators of MIUI, decided to implement a system for purchasing themes. This system uses MiCredits, which can only be purchased inside of China at the moment. The theme manager also started requiring a Xaiomi account in order to download themes. I am personally not for the account requirement, charging for some themes is not so bad since there are still plenty free ones. I decided to include the Theme Manager from last week. This has turned out to be a bit of a hassle since a lot of apps make calls to the theme manager. These include the alarm clock, settings for changing sounds, launcher for changing wallpaper just to name a few.

For the time being I would recommend sticking with or going back to 2.10.26. If there is interest in a build which uses the new theme manager, I can provide a build with it included.