[Q] Wifi problem with android 4.3

Search This thread

truongflyson

Aug 21, 2012
Hi everybody,
It was really exciting when our beloved device is able to upgrade to new Android version.

I tried to download google stock image of android 4.3 and flash it to my device using Gnexus toolkit.

After I upgrade, the first screen we always see is the "Setup screen" with two buttons, "Enter setup" or "skip set up". I pressed "Enter setup". Usually, if it's a android 4.2.2 or below version, it take only half second to turn on the wifi and then new screen appears for us to choose the wifi. But with android 4.3, it tooks nearly 20 seconds to finish

Since then, my download speed from many variety source is extremely slow, such as: Dropbox, Google play, some other black android market, from some other hosts. The speed's average is 10 kb /s

I tried to download the speedtest application, and test with both my laptop and my Gnexus, the result is 250 kb/s. Internet connection is this country is slow, but it's not 10kb/s like this. If I download from the same host using my laptop and GNexus (of course one by one, not download at the same time) . Laptop reaches 250 kb/s. GNexus didn't show the speed but it took ten-times longer to finish.

I re-installed 4.2. But the problem is still there.
The day before yesterday, I can download app from Android market with 250kb/s speed, and yesterday I installed 4.3, and it's 10kb/s till now ^^

Does anybody meet the same problem ?
Is there any solution for this ?
Sorry for my bad English

isajoo

Oct 17, 2012
Usually a complete wipe of the all data in recovery mode is needed to fix this... back up everything before attempting this.

Also I'm not 100% sure about it working with 4.3 or 4.2, since I'm still running 4.1.2.

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Not really (8/1 cable, so seems fine).

Screenshot_2013-07-27-09-23-09.png

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines

Kustaa

Jun 14, 2012
Mendoza
I did some factory resets, and I can tell you, in the initial setup, like you said, sometimes takes like 20 sec to connect wi fi, sometimes thats quick but setting the initial languaje takes a while too...I'd say thats random, I dont think it has to be with downloading speed, since the last time happened the wi fi delay and my wifi is working fine...

Enviado desde mi Galaxy Nexus usando Tapatalk 2

Reactions: truongflyson

Fractalnoize

Feb 28, 2013
Mumbai
i had the same issue yesterday ....i did a factory reset and still it was slow ..like barely 5-6kbs ...i switched of the phone at night now today its back to normal ...

cchhat01

Apr 1, 2009
New York
Wifi is certainly slow

I used to average about 50mbps down and 50mbps up on my Nexus 4 via speedtest.net app (Verizon FiOS) and my router is tweaked to maximize bandwidth (I am and have always used the 5 GHz only).

Now I can barely get it to break 12mbps down. Upload speeds are approximately the same (30mbps+).

Thanks,
cchhat01

taylerdurden

Feb 27, 2011
My problem with WIFI is other. My wifi is always on (turned on the option for keeping it on even when the phone is idle). With older versions (4.2.2 and older), when I arrived at home, the phone automatically was connected to my home wifi.

But when 4.3, sometimes it doesn´t connect until I enter the wifi menu.

Anyone else with this problem?

gergnz

Jun 7, 2010
My problem with WIFI is other. My wifi is always on (turned on the option for keeping it on even when the phone is idle). With older versions (4.2.2 and older), when I arrived at home, the phone automatically was connected to my home wifi.

But when 4.3, sometimes it doesn´t connect until I enter the wifi menu.

Anyone else with this problem?

Yes, I have this exact same problem.

mattiL

Mar 20, 2009
I did notice that my phone fails to reconnect to my network (2.4GHz) and I have to reconnect manually, but I also have another
problem, It does not connect to my 5GHz network anymore!

I have tried changing channel from Auto to channel 48, no difference.
Also tried to 'forget' the networks and rejoin to them, 2.4GHz connects but not 5GHz.

Logcat messages below:

I/wpa_supplicant( 3241): wlan0: Trying to associate with bc:ae:c5:ea:de:5e (SSID='nofly2' freq=5240 MHz)
I/wpa_supplicant( 3241): wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-ASSOC-REJECT bssid=bc:ae:c5:ea:de:5e status_code=1
E/wpa_supplicant( 3241): Retrying assoc: 1
I/wpa_supplicant( 3241): wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=bc:ae:c5:ea:de:5e reason=3 locally_generated=1
I/wpa_supplicant( 3241): wlan0: Trying to associate with bc:ae:c5:ea:de:5e (SSID='nofly2' freq=5240 MHz)
I/wpa_supplicant( 3241): wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-ASSOC-REJECT bssid=bc:ae:c5:ea:de:5e status_code=1
E/wpa_supplicant( 3241): Retrying assoc: 2
I/wpa_supplicant( 3241): wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=bc:ae:c5:ea:de:5e reason=3 locally_generated=1
E/wpa_supplicant( 3241): Retrying assoc: 3

It seems we have some new issues with wifi in 4.3..

woland_ca

Sep 28, 2009
Calgary

Top Liked Posts