Step by step to root the latest official ROM N7000XXLA4 (2012-Jan-12)

Search This thread
Hello friends!

If you have the wonderful Samsung Galaxy GT-N7000 Note, updated to ROM version N7000XXLA4 (2012-Jan-12) and you want to root it, here's the step by step to do it.

The current methods for root do not work for the lastest version, so you have to do a downgrade, ie flash a ROM version of the oldest official, apply the root method again and then flash the official ROM N7000XXLA4.

This procedure avoids the yellow triangle warning because we flash only official ROMs.

1. Download rootable by method zengrush or cf-root (eg N7000XXKJ4) official ROM
- http://hotfile.com/dl/133780325/5643497/N7000XXKJ4_N7000OXAKJ4_DBT.zip.html
- Pass: samfirmware.com
- Extract with 7zip
2. Download Odin v1.85
- http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=815370&stc=1&d=1323799721
- Extract with 7zip
3. Flash with Odin v1.85 the downloaded rootable official ROM (step 1)
- Set file N7000XXKJ4_N7000OXAKJ4_N7000XXKJ4_HOME.tar.md5 on PDA field
- UNCHECK Re-Partition option (very important)
- No change other options
- Shutdown the phone and turn on with VolumenDown+Home+Power pressed, after press VolumenUp to turn Downloading mode
- Connect USB cable (wait for the drivers are installed automatically)
- Click Start button

4. Root with zengrush or cf-root method
a. Zengrush method
- Check Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debug
- Check Settings > Applications > Unknown sources
- Download DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su script (http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=841876&d=1325678726)
- Extract it
- Run runme.bat
b. cf-root method
- (I don't like it)

5. Download the lastest official ROM (ie N7000XKLA4)
- http://www.hotfile.com/dl/142436991/8a33ef7/N7000XXLA4_N7000OXALA4_DBT.zip.html
- Extract with 7zip

6. Download and install MobileODIN Pro from Android Market

7. Flash with MobileODIN Pro the lastest official ROM (ie N7000XKLA4)
- Copy N7000XXLA4_N7000OXALA4_N7000XXLA4_HOME.tar.md5 to a phone folder
- Choose Open file...
- Browse N7000XXLA4_N7000OXALA4_N7000XXLA4_HOME.tar.md5
- Check in the options: Enable EverRoot, Inject Superuser, Inject MobileODIN, Inject CWM Manager
- Choose Flash firmware

Greetings.

jUsT2eXy

Mar 17, 2010
Hi. Thanks for your indepth guide.

Is it possible to just flash "ROCKET-v20-LA4-eybee1970" custom ROM instead of the official LA4 rom in section 7?

Or do you need to flash a 'factory' LA7 then Rocket's rom?

Thanks.

TxDLoaD

Jul 26, 2010
Århus
If i root my phone and install the latest stock firmware. What will happen if i get an update ota?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

sub7even

Oct 29, 2010
Sarawak
Hi. Thanks for your indepth guide.

Is it possible to just flash "ROCKET-v20-LA4-eybee1970" custom ROM instead of the official LA4 rom in section 7?

Or do you need to flash a 'factory' LA7 then Rocket's rom?

Thanks.

The true meaning of this procedure is enjoy the latest version of the official rom rooted.

Anyway, of course you can.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

you mean, without factory original firmware, we just simply flash the custom ROM to the phone directly? how about from others region firmware XXLA3/LA1/KJ1?? for eg, my current firmware is xxLA1 and now i wanted to use custom firmware xxLA4, will it works? sorry for my questions as im a noobie for SGN.. thx

beestee

Dec 24, 2008
The true meaning of this procedure is enjoy the latest version of the official rom rooted.

You might add a step to your guide to download and flash the matching LA4 cf-root kernel to regain cwm recovery. A simple step once you are already familiar with mobile odin pro, and trading up 3e recovery for cwm could save folks a lot of trouble if they mess stuff up when taking advantage of those superuser permissions and end up not able to boot into the system to get to mobile odin pro.

Reactions: carmelocarrillo

pacut

Sep 2, 2008
Rome
Hello there.
I owned an HTC Sensation and enjoyed a lot flashing several ROMs.

I am now with Samsung Note (kernel verion 2.6.35.7-N7000XXLA4-CL886827) and am planning first steps in order too have a rooted device, SuperCID, other ROMs etc. etc.

It is my understanding this 3rd fullfill my first step, ok.
I was just noticing different approach for flashing. I used CWM, while here we use PC software (not a problem).

My question is: at the end of step 3 do I get my Note back & working again ? I just ask this because, from my previous experience with HTC Sensation, wiping a kernel/SO and not completing a flashing new ROM process does brick the device.

I assume at the end of process 3 I get my Note back alive again. I am just asking if this process is as easy as it looks, if and where I could get my Note broken.

Thanks in advance for you reply !

rockysiccion

Aug 17, 2010
I have a sensation and a note. Its much easy to install cwm on note because you dont need soff or anything. Just get your kernel with cwm and flash

Reactions: pacut

pacut

Sep 2, 2008
Rome
I have a sensation and a note. Its much easy to install cwm on note because you dont need soff or anything. Just get your kernel with cwm and flash

So, if I have understood:
1) I can use the method mentioned at the beginning of this 3rd in order to have Note rooted
2) I can install CWM
3) I can choose any (?) ROM I want and flash it via CWM

Is it this correct ?
Thanks

lorekarf

Dec 2, 2009
Genova
If you have the latest official kernel you have to downgrade first. If not just root it as described in 1st post.
When u are rooted you can start your device in cwm recovery and mainly flash any ROM. Always mind to specific instructions from the ROM creator prior to install a new ROM.
Don't forget 1st time you go in clockwork recovery to make a nandroid backup. this let u rebuild your system if s ..t happens

Last edited:

pacut

Sep 2, 2008
Rome
HELP !!

At the end of step 3 Odin says:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N7000XXKJ4_N7000OXAKJ4_N7000XXKJ4_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

NOTES remain with green Android in the middle, "Downloading" message, and "Do not turn off target!!!" message.

WHAT THE HELL TO DO NOW !?!?!?

Update: googling I discovered that my Windows doesn't see the NOTE via ID:COM. Will investigate to solve this
Update 2: KIES was missing on my PC ;)
Update 3: Step 3 is OK !!!
Update 4: Step 4 is taking place. "Pushing busybox" is taking quite long (10 minutes). Is it ok ????

Last edited:

pacut

Sep 2, 2008
Rome
As stated above: Step 4 takes long & long & long.

I disconnected & reconnected. Script started again from beginning :mad:

How long does it generally take ? :confused::confused:

DONE !
Time to go sleeping now. TomorowStep 5 !!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello friends!

If you have the wonderful Samsung Galaxy GT-N7000 Note, updated to ROM version N7000XXLA4 (2012-Jan-12) and you want to root it, here's the step by step to do it.

The current methods for root do not work for the lastest version, so you have to do a downgrade, ie flash a ROM version of the oldest official, apply the root method again and then flash the official ROM N7000XXLA4.

This procedure avoids the yellow triangle warning because we flash only official ROMs.

1. Download rootable by method zengrush or cf-root (eg N7000XXKJ4) official ROM
    - http://hotfile.com/dl/133780325/5643497/N7000XXKJ4_N7000OXAKJ4_DBT.zip.html
    - Extract with 7zip
    2. Download Odin v1.85
    - http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=815370&stc=1&d=1323799721
    - Extract with 7zip
    3. Flash with Odin v1.85 the downloaded rootable official ROM (step 1)
    - Set file N7000XXKJ4_N7000OXAKJ4_N7000XXKJ4_HOME.tar.md5 on PDA field
    - UNCHECK Re-Partition option (very important)
    - No change other options
    - Shutdown the phone and turn on with VolumenDown+Home+Power pressed, after press VolumenUp to turn Downloading mode
    - Click Start button

4. Root with zengrush or cf-root method
    a. Zengrush method
    - Check Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debug
    - Check Settings > Applications > Unknown sources
    - Download DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su script (http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=841876&d=1325678726)
    - Extract it
    - Run runme.bat
    b. cf-root method
    - (I don't like it)

5. Download the lastest official ROM (ie N7000XKLA4)
    - http://www.hotfile.com/dl/142436991/8a33ef7/N7000XXLA4_N7000OXALA4_DBT.zip.html
    - Extract with 7zip

6. Download and install MobileODIN Pro from Android Market

7. Flash with MobileODIN Pro the lastest official ROM (ie N7000XKLA4)
    - Copy N7000XXLA4_N7000OXALA4_N7000XXLA4_HOME.tar.md5 to a phone folder
    - Choose Open file...
    - Browse N7000XXLA4_N7000OXALA4_N7000XXLA4_HOME.tar.md5
    - Check in the options: Enable EverRoot, Inject Superuser, Inject MobileODIN, Inject CWM Manager
    - Choose Flash firmware

Greetings.

You might add a step to your guide to download and flash the matching LA4 cf-root kernel to regain cwm recovery. A simple step once you are already familiar with mobile odin pro, and trading up 3e recovery for cwm could save folks a lot of trouble if they mess stuff up when taking advantage of those superuser permissions and end up not able to boot into the system to get to mobile odin pro.

lol u do need kies on PC