Car Launcher AG

Search This thread

japioothuis

Dec 14, 2017
Great launcher.
Some ideas for the future ?
Maybe the digital clock on top can be replaced by radio app info like the music player ? There is the analog / digital clock in the middle already.
No need for another clock for me.
Album covers work with the music player.
I use Pulsar Musicplayer and it works great, for me one of the best.
Of course you'll have to add album covers to the album mp3's first using a prog like Mp3Tag on the PC .
I was searching if there is a possibility to add my own car logo but I have no idea where the files of Car Launcher AG are stored on the unit.
Can't find anything of the app in the filemanager ?
Anyone an idea ?

Kheissi

Nov 19, 2017
For me I could choose my car logo from the settings menu.

Clock in the middle can be changed to speed, album cover or car logo just by touching it.

I would prefer to have media controls upper part of the screen and clock below. It’s hard to touch the bottom of the screen for me, because of the deep frame.

japioothuis

Dec 14, 2017
For me I could choose my car logo from the settings menu.

Clock in the middle can be changed to speed, album cover or car logo just by touching it.

I would prefer to have media controls upper part of the screen and clock below. It’s hard to touch the bottom of the screen for me, because of the deep frame.

Yes, I know but my logo ( Abarth ) is not on the list.

piercedpanda

Feb 22, 2018
That's what I was wondering about too.

I use VLC for music playback, but it's not showing the covers.
Will try another music player and see what happens.

piercedpanda

Feb 22, 2018
I have an issue with covers not displaying on the front screen of Car Launcher AG.
I can see the covers in Pulsar and Poweramp though.
However, when I use Pulsar, I do not see them on the front screen.
When I use Poweramp, I don't see them as well.
What am I doing wrong? :(
Is there some setting that's not right?

Last edited:

Terje_N

Feb 26, 2018
Do I have to open the test program site from my android car head unit to get in the test group right?

ste2002

Sep 23, 2017
Do I have to open the test program site from my android car head unit to get in the test group right?

I hope no - do it from your PC/laptop - your Google account should do the rest. Then just update app on your HU from Playmarket. Should work this way, but it is only my guess - I did not apply for beta testing myself yet.

Later edit: works both ways.

Last edited:

Terje_N

Feb 26, 2018
I had Car Launcher AG on my Android 6.0 QuadCore car head unit, and it worked very well.
But I did a factory reset(reinstall) of my unit, and reinstalled the Car launcher AG.
After the reinstall, the button for APPS is grey and inactive, and I'm not able to link anything to it.

And the wallpaper just work on some few of the wallpapers.
Any idea of whats wrong and what to do?

ste2002

Sep 23, 2017
Terje_N, clear CL cache/data in apps manager. If this does not help, simply remove app and reinstall it.

Last edited:

Terje_N

Feb 26, 2018
I hope no - do it from your PC/laptop - your Google account should do the rest. Then just update app on your HU from Playmarket. Should work this way, but it is only my guess - I did not apply for beta testing myself yet.

Later edit: works both ways.
You was right...
I just registrated on my computer, and then when I start my car head unit and hit the Car Launcher it ask for to update to meta test.

I did, and terrible things happend.
The screen got black every time I tryed to do any setting changes.
Had to turn off the head unit and restart it.
And when I klick the buttons for everything, nothing happens, just got message "Press long press for settings"
But when I did, I inly got the button logo big in center but nothing happend.
Got no settings.
So I have left the beta test panel.
It looks very nice, so when it is released, I think I'll install it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does agama launch an app at startup by default, or is that the head unit? I would like to have the radio quit starting at startup. I don't remember it doing that before I switched to agama. I couldn't find any settings that controlled that.

Agama has a new feature, which can autostart the selected applications. Maybe you switched radio app accidently into this "autostart mode".
    In Aagama apps tab if you long press on any app's icon you can select the autostart option. I hope this helps.
    Hi guys! I am very pleased with agama car launcher! Definitely one of the best car launchers. What makes it the best I think is it's simplicity and big buttons that are easy to hit while driving. And the middle widget.
    I have some issues though:

1. I have a problem with Play Store loading on top of launcher on starting the car. I have enabled always on top but not working.

2. Like many others report Google maps not working in widget. This sucks, but I have successfully using sygic now.

3. I would like better Spotify integration with bottom music player. A play button to resume playing when starting car without having to open Spotify would be awesome.

4. This one is more of a feature request I guess: it might be cool to be able to have OBD2 widgets in the middle circle, to show custom car data.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Hi!! Поздравляю с работой мой любимый Launcher. Если вы позволите мне, я хотел бы сделать два предложения: я мог бы представить новый логотип VW и, если возможно, добавить радио виджет. большое спасибо

Google Translation:
    "Hi !! Congratulations on my favorite Launcher. If you allow me, I would like to make two suggestions: I could introduce a new VW logo and, if possible, add a radio widget. many thanks"

Please show your enthousiasm in English :D
    were you able to do this and if so how?
    - Download apk file of Agama (e.g. from apk pure)
    - Open the file with 7zip on your PC or on your mobile phone with MiXplorer.
    - Replace one of the existing logos (png files in assets\logo folder. Choose the same filename as one of the existing files.
    - Sign the apk with zip signer https://zipsigner.de.malavida.com/android/
    - Install the apk on your head unit
    - Select the car brand you replaced the logo for in Agama settings.
    - Ask the Agama devs to add the selection of a custom logo as new feature.

Screenshot_2021-04-30-20-08-15-182_altergames.carlauncher.jpg