[Q] Cannot flash t889v modem on t889v

Search This thread
nope still waiting. I'm looking for one everyday. konvict905 is trying to help get us a stock wind ROM hopefully with a pit. I think he needs help with it though.

I don't understand why this is so difficult just for this 1 phone. it's killing me to have a galaxy note 2 hat doesn't work and I have to use my galaxy note 1. is there a program I can use to extract the pit file? because I'm pretty sure that I have the stock wind ROM but when I used it I still got the boot loop.

renz0r0r

Jul 22, 2012
Hi I recently purchased a note II t889v, I didn't have a micro sim at the time to test it properly. I am stuck on edge:2 while on rogers. I then noticed that it had been flashed by the previous owner. So I looked around the forums.

Details:

-In download mode model is listed as sgh-t889v_NA_VTR
-I have tried to reflash to stock MCT T889VVLALJ4 gets stuck in boot loop
-extracted the modem.bin and flashed using odin and cwm flash. sometimes boots up to lock screen but crashes then reboots or freezes
-using t-mob t889 modem(T889UVALJ1_Modem.zip) allows me to start the and use the phone, but limits to edge:2
-IMEI is listed in the status

I'm trying to get the phone to connect to UMTS.

Any help or input would be appreciated thank you in advance.

I have the exact same problem, however flashing the T-Mo modem did not solve the bootloops. It will not make it past the boot animation.

madman604

Jul 14, 2007
When I tried flashing the wind modem on my Tmob Note2, it boot looped. Try using the T mob modem.

Sent from a phone that's 2 Note-worthy, via XDA Premium HD app.

ashwill

Nov 22, 2012
I'm sorry I've been away... still in need of some help?

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda app-developers app

Yes please, I still need help. Samsung has returned my phone and they said warranty is void because of the custom ROM flashing.

Long story short, I lost my IMEI and baseband due to flashing a incompatible kernel.

NV item reader writer will not read my phone even in diag mode, saying no answer.

No luck on imei reinjection.

Need help.

If you have any suggestions please share with me, much appreciated.

ashwill

Nov 22, 2012
Ashwill, one thing you could try is writing the m9kefs1, 2 and 3 partitions with the files hkfan uploaded in this thread from CWM or TWRP.

COM ports-wise, what do you see in Device Manager? (trying to make sure your setup looks OK to start with)

In the NV Item Reader/Writer port chooser I see something like Samsung Serial Port, I can choose it and connect to it, but unable to read. After it goes through all the ports, it will stop and say Failed... No Answer From the Phone

Thank you for your link above, I've asked you about how to connect to the phone using the NV item reader/writer and you gave me suggestions. The reason I didn't continue asking questions after that was because I sent my phone to this useless Samsung authorized repair center in Toronto for 5 weeks and came back as is. They basically spent 5 weeks determining my phone has been flashed with custom firmware and decided to void my warranty.

So now I have my phone back and I'll keep trying to repair it; I actually gave it to a repair store to try to repair with a cost of $70 CAD and they will not charge anything if they fail.

ashwill

Nov 22, 2012

Thank you very much for sharing this useful information, I believe a lot of people will find it very useful.

However, as I mentioned before, I could not get my phone to connect through QPST, NV Item Reader/Writer, any software like that does not have recognize my phone. I know that if I can get it to connect, everything is just solved.

I wonder whether it would matter if I flashed the i317M modem instead of the T889 tmo modem. Also when I googled no answer from phone from those software I saw couple threads talking about it was the problem of the devices, so who knows, I might just have ****ty luck.

demension21

Jan 17, 2011
Laval
Thank you very much for sharing this useful information, I believe a lot of people will find it very useful.

However, as I mentioned before, I could not get my phone to connect through QPST, NV Item Reader/Writer, any software like that does not have recognize my phone. I know that if I can get it to connect, everything is just solved.

I wonder whether it would matter if I flashed the i317M modem instead of the T889 tmo modem. Also when I googled no answer from phone from those software I saw couple threads talking about it was the problem of the devices, so who knows, I might just have ****ty luck.

nah don't even think about it!!

before you connect your note to qpst; did you dial *#7284# to acces the qualcom settings anf select RNDIS + DM + MODEM
then on qpst configuration select your port

Last edited:

Darkshado

Apr 16, 2011
Montréal
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 6
Ashwill, just double checking: did you make sure Kies wasn't running anything in the background? That software and its dependent background services are known repeat offenders when it comes to interfering with Odin or QPST.

Consider trying on another computer, one where you install only the Samsung drivers (extracted from the Kies installer if necessary) along with QPST/QXDM and NV_reader_writer.

If you're with Robellusfivirkoo, you might as well flash the I317M modem. Contrary to the (current, LTE update pending) T-Mobile USA T889 modem, or the T889V one, it has LTE enabled once you combine it with the proper NV settings; not unlike the AWS mod people have been doing the other way around. If on the other hand you're with Wind, Mobilicity or Videotron, I wouldn't bother with the extra steps.

ashwill

Nov 22, 2012
nah don't even think about it!!

before you connect your note to qpst; did you dial *#7284# to acces the qualcom settings anf select RNDIS + DM + MODEM
then on qpst configuration select your port

I did everything I could, all steps, everything and nothing works, thanks again man.

I have T889V like you do, and because I'm stuck in bootloop I need to flash an other modem to make it boot into the system. So I flashed the i317M modem but in your case you flashed the T889 modem. That's what I'm wondering, not that I haven't tried flashing a different modem before.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Ashwill, just double checking: did you make sure Kies wasn't running anything in the background? That software and its dependent background services are known repeat offenders when it comes to interfering with Odin or QPST.

Consider trying on another computer, one where you install only the Samsung drivers (extracted from the Kies installer if necessary) along with QPST/QXDM and NV_reader_writer.

If you're with Robellusfivirkoo, you might as well flash the I317M modem. Contrary to the (current, LTE update pending) T-Mobile USA T889 modem, or the T889V one, it has LTE enabled once you combine it with the proper NV settings; not unlike the AWS mod people have been doing the other way around. If on the other hand you're with Wind, Mobilicity or Videotron, I wouldn't bother with the extra steps.

It is a brand new Windows 8, and I have tried on Windows XP, Vista, 7 32/64 bits with/without Kies. And when I flashed the i317M modem the first time, I enabled LTE on my T889V on my Fido carrier. So everything is working pretty well before I flashed the kernel for 7105.

The last chance I have is to try flashing the T889 modem instead of the i317M one and the efs partition file in your link. I saw an add on Toronto kijiji that someone is able to fix that so I'm asking him about it too.

ysr84

Sep 11, 2010
Mississauga
I did everything I could, all steps, everything and nothing works, thanks again man.

I have T889V like you do, and because I'm stuck in bootloop I need to flash an other modem to make it boot into the system. So I flashed the i317M modem but in your case you flashed the T889 modem. That's what I'm wondering, not that I haven't tried flashing a different modem before.

The last chance I have is to try flashing the T889 modem instead of the i317M one and the efs partition file in your link. I saw an add on Toronto kijiji that someone is able to fix that so I'm asking him about it too.

Did you ever get it resolved????

marcustaz

May 31, 2012
Saw I had a similar issue and this is what I did to resolve. First off i am not expert but again trying to help. I flashed a T889 modem via TWRP and after that all heck broke loose, bootloop. I then used TWRP to wipe all data factory reset and still it would not work. Trying to Use Odin to write back stock ROM in my case failed, getting stuck on Nand Write Flash. At the end of my rope I used Odin to flash Stock Recovery back. Again Odin failed. So I booted into recovery and did a full wipe of everything cache included. At that point Odin worked and I was able to write back a stock Rom. However my IMEI and is Null / Null so I am still screwed. I was told I would need a NSPro Box to fix it but I really do not want to spend the money. Problem is I cannot get the phone Utilites to show even though I have followed all the threads I can find on how to. Anyway not sure it will work in your case but just sharing and hope it helps anyone out there in the same situ... Man T mobile phones are a pain in the side!!!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you try flashing stock ROM with pit and selecting re-partition?
    Find pit for your rom and flash with Odin pit (pit file) and PDA (rom file) both in same operation.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium