Athena Project Official ROM and SPL 3.5 upgrade - The Final Release

Search This thread

kendedel

Feb 13, 2007
HELLPPP!!!

Help!! I tried flashing with the PK4 rom but something went wrong. i successfully flashed my radio to 1.57 and when i started flashing to the pk 4 rom, my unit stucked up into bootloader mode. i tried hard reset, soft reset bu t to no avail. its either i get the bootloader screen or a black screen. please help me!!!

mw22

Feb 13, 2005
I think u forgot the sim and min sd card in when you started as i also had this problem to start

Did hard reset and went into bootloader mode and it flashed perfectly

??????

kendedel

Feb 13, 2007
wifi not working after pk 4

i finally flashed my device successfully but the wifi is not working. does anybody have a solution for this? please help

spzero

Jan 19, 2006
Settle, North yorkshire
oh deer all didnt go according to plan new spl is loaded ap4 didnt instal installed ap3 but to no success as it keeps hard resetting goes thru all the customization and hard resets itself so im stuck

Reinstalled ap3 like 10 times and its half sorted.

Last edited:

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
everyone with non working wifi can PM me for an MSN/ICQ/Yahoo contact address or come on IRC #xda-devs channel at the link http://java.freenode.net/ (change channel name to xda-devs!!), I'm available there quite often. this issue is fixable!

the flasher apparently needs some fix to avoid this in the future - until then it is strongly recommended that you flash AP4 on an XP computer, vista is much more prone to the issue.

Last edited:

cmonex

Jul 23, 2006
Budapest

cmonex

Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
Help!! I tried flashing with the PK4 rom but something went wrong. i successfully flashed my radio to 1.57 and when i started flashing to the pk 4 rom, my unit stucked up into bootloader mode. i tried hard reset, soft reset bu t to no avail. its either i get the bootloader screen or a black screen. please help me!!!

you can PM me or find me on IRC as mentioned in my previous message, we'll fix this

sergiopi

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 14, 2005
Rome

In Bootloader mode you have 1.xxx SPL or 3.xxx SPL?

I will suggest to try:

flash the OLD ap3 if you have 1.xx SPL, download it from
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=346221

OR

flash the NEW ap3 if you have the 3.xxx SPL, download it from
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=386604

kiliss

Sep 2, 2006
Metz
hello, thanks for this Rom. I have install this yesterday, but I have one question. How must I do for translate this rom in French without realVGA?

Pgivel

Jan 19, 2008
Hello, After the change in AP4, could you tell me how to avoid changenment automatic screen (landscape-portrait) as a mode GPS, it changes without stopping support to my car ... thank you to answer me. Otherwise great job and thank you, lack more than the french for me and it is the best.

raskell

Mar 21, 2007
Massillon Ohio
Hello, After the change in AP4, could you tell me how to avoid changenment automatic screen (landscape-portrait) as a mode GPS, it changes without stopping support to my car ... thank you to answer me. Otherwise great job and thank you, lack more than the french for me and it is the best.

Start>Programs>System>VueFLO toggle

eagle 1

Start>Programs>System>VueFLO toggle

Actually, in the final they moved the Vueflo Toggle to Settings, System, Athena Config App- then goto VueFlo tab

Or if you are having issues with the settings icons randomly disappearing,
goto to windows and click on VO.exe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    anybody kind enough to post a different link to this ROM? the links provided in post no. 1 are no longer available. thanks.

I guess you can download it at ~ http://www.4shared.com/file/140422971/3b1bfe8a/Athena_AP_40_SPL_35_Updater.html
    After a lot of work, experimentation and hundreds of hours of development time, AP4 is finally ready.

PK - ROM cook, and professional harasser of developers, we gave him the ROM and he chucked the crap into it.

cmonex - Special Adviser/Developer/Low-Level Hacker; when not being harassed by PK, took a few spare minutes in the day to learn C# and write a config app with Olipro in the same stretch... also saved the PDA world with revolutionary new kernel and other patches, also included in AP4.

Olipro - the Hard-SPL guy; largely considers himself to be "too good" for the menial **** and so only enjoys things such as implementing overwrite protection for SPLs with none built-in with cmonex and replacing the HTC signing certificate (oh fooking yes baby). Also found time from blowing cigar smoke in the faces of small children to write the ROM deployer.

So, Here it is:

[size=+1]AP ROM v4.0[/size]

[size=+2]Install Guide[/size]

Smartarses beware: don't try to flash from bootloader.

also, if you need the changelog, great tips and addons, then as usual, go to PK's great thread [size=+1]Athena Project 4.0 Series[/size]

P.S: yes this post has been made by OliNex, even if it is hard to believe :p
    your lucky day

sent a pm but here are the files you need
    also search for boot loop and you will find a solution, it was a common mistake
    regards lakeman
    You have to unlock the rom first

i have read the beginners guide yet! and i have read that i have to upgrade the spl! can someone give me some informations? thanks

As the beginners guide states
    "You have to unlock the rom first"
    You said your SPL was 1.1 therefore apply the unlocker first . then you will be able to apply any SPL 1.2 ROM
    If you want to use an SPL 3.5 ROM , you have to then apply the AP4 upgrade , but only after unlocking the ROM.
    hope this is clear and it is in fact straight forward , but I would recommend finding an XP machine to do these upgrades as occasionally people were having problems with vista and windows seven doesnt seem to recognise this device , although I wonder if the users had Windows Mobile Device centre installed.
    Anyway it is straightforward if you have done any unlocking previously.
    Regards Lakeman '