Nexus 4 not recognizing SIM

Search This thread

Mikrouwel

Feb 28, 2011
Hey Guys,

Got my Nexus 4 yesterday and took a working sim and cut it down and inserted it into the phone and had no signal nothing. So today i went and got another sim cut by a shop and put it in and still nothing.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

android88

Jan 21, 2012
Does the phone recognize the SIM at all?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

jjdev

Jan 16, 2013
Did you try inserting the sim when the phone is off ? When I inserted the sim, the phone was on and it would not recognize the sim even after reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Mikrouwel

Feb 28, 2011
Did you try inserting the sim when the phone is off ? When I inserted the sim, the phone was on and it would not recognize the sim even after reboot.

I did it while off :/

How do you fix your issue?

Thanks for the help?

Last edited:

jjdev

Jan 16, 2013
Did you use a sim cutter or did you use scissors ?

The sim needs to be completely flush on the tray.

Remove the sim and turn off the phone. Insert it, and power it on...

Mikrouwel

Feb 28, 2011
Did you use a sim cutter or did you use scissors ?

The sim needs to be completely flush on the tray.

Remove the sim and turn off the phone. Insert it, and power it on...

First tried cutting it and didnt work so went and brought a new sim and got it cut by a shop.

I have tried doing that and still nothing :/

pani_alex

Feb 22, 2012
i have the same problem, cut my sim, doesent work, ask for a new microsim still not working, a can scan the networks but the phone says, sim doesent allows the connection
could be that i damage the sim slot or the module? how can i find a solution?

pani_alex

Feb 22, 2012
Your post says you cut your sim.

and also says i ask for a new one... sorry for my bad english... never mind its not the phone, a insert the sim of another operator and it work perfect, the sim are a litle diferent in the contacts, it supose to be all a standard, thise is stupid.
thanks all for help

pani_alex

Feb 22, 2012
does some body know what could be the problem? i ask my provider and they say stupid sings like its not suported by the bands, but n4 is quad band including 850/1900 that are used by this company, and block cant be bocouse the play store says unloked.
if somebody know the problem please to tell this people what to do i will be thanks

pani_alex

Feb 22, 2012
never mind, it was a problen in the operator, they make a reset or reload in their configuration and now its working :)