[Q] (Temp)Root without Unlock or undo Unlock?

Search This thread

Klivarre

May 9, 2012
Munich
Hey everyone,

my girlfriend is getting her new phone today after giving her old one to t-mobile because of battery problems.
My question is, if there is a way to root or temproot her phone without unlocking the bootloader. I just want to recover the backups i made with titanium backup.

Or do you think it's enough to recover from HTC Backup? I saved all of her data through htc backup but i am not sure if her savegames and so on will be restored, too.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

Last edited:

Klivarre

May 9, 2012
Munich
Okay, another idea. IF I unlock and root, is there any way to get back to stock recovery with locked bootloader and no tampered message? All with the original t-mobile stock firmware running?

Maybe by pushing revone via adb and using ./revone -t -l? Or do I have to be s-off to these revone commands?

Last edited:

Klivarre

May 9, 2012
Munich
Well, that's what I thought ...

So I have to find a way to root without unlocking.
Or do you think I can restore the data from the backup made with titanium any other way? Important for my girlfriend are mainly some savegames.
Most of the messages, contacts, etc. were restored through the HTC Backup, also we made a backup of Whatsapp and restored it already.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think you have to be s-off to remove any flags. Even if you restore to 100% stock using ruu, I think you'll still be either unlocked or relocked