[TUT]Root + Xrecovery + JIT for X10 Mini Pro with firmware v2.1.1.A.0.6 !

Search This thread

quangnhut123

Nov 29, 2009
Hey guys,
The good news i wanna notice for everybody here is my X10 Mini Pro with lastest firmware 2.1.1.A.0.6 can Root + xRecovery + JIT and use Link2SD okay without any errors !
I will tutorial you to do that. Now lets begin !

Root : Automate Installation
1. Download attached file "SuperOneClick".
2. Enable "USB Debug".
3. Connect phone to "PC" and select "Charge Phone".
4. Open "SuperOneClick" and select "Root".
5. Wait!
6. When it is done, reboot.

xRecovery : Manual Installation
- Phone must be rooted
- Download and install Titanium Backup. Run it and press Problems to install busybox or you can install standalone busybox in market !
- Download attached file and unpack the recovery package in to sdcard
- Use Root Explorer to remount /system rw
- Copy the content of the package (3 files) into /system/bin folder
- Chmod 777 for 3 files copied !
How to use xRecovery :
- Reboot your phone !
- Press BACK button few times right after white SE logo appears.
- Use VOLUME-UP and VOLUME-DOWN to browse, HOME to select, BACK to go back.

JIT : Here is manual installation. Automatic Installer here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=951274
I'm strongly recommend to backup with xRecovery before install JIT !
- Download attached file !
- Go to market place and find app "Terminal Emulator" download and install it.
- Extract and copy to sdcard
- Use root explorer to remount /system rw
- Copy dalvikvm,dexopt,logcat in sdcard to /system/bin/
- CHMOD 755 for 3 files copied!
- Copy libdvm.so,libnativehelper.so,libcutils.so,libdl.so,liblog.so,libm.so,libz.so in sdcard to /system/lib/
- CHMOD 644 for 7 files copied!
- Copy build.prop in sdcard to /system/ (You can use your build.prob file. Please see Warning section below)
- Chmod 666 for build.prop !
- Go to /data/dalvik-cache/ and remove all file in it or use command rm -r /data/dalvik-cache/* or we can use xRecovery and choose Advanced Options > Wipe dalvik cached
- Reboot your phone and enjoy !

- To check it work or not run Terminal Emulator and type dalvikvm -k if you see "Configured with: debugger profiler jit show_exception=1. It's mean JIT has been working !

Warning : if your phone cannot reboot again please use xRecovery to restore backup file (if not backup yet you can use SEUS to reflash your device) and JIT again with your build.prop file.
Follow these instructions:

- At the step copy build.prob above please use your build.prob instead my file provided and edit your file :
- Edit /system/build.prob with Root Explorer
+Find :
DEVICE_PROVISIONED=1
and replace with
#DEVICE_PROVISIONED=1
+Find :
dalvik.vm.heapsize=24m
and replace with
dalvik.vm.heapsize=30m
+Find :
and replace with
+Find
if don't have add one
+Add
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
at the end of file !
- Save file and do continue others step to complete JIT.

Thanks to zdzihu for xRecovery, shivenjuneja for SuperOneClick modified version and all member in XDA for JIT installation method !

Now important action ^_^. Please thanks me if you want :D cheer !!

Attachments

• JIT_2.1.1.A.0.6.zip
    685.2 KB · Views: 17,468
  • xRecovery-minipro-0.1.1-beta.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 50,228
  • SuperOneClick.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 42,605
Last edited:

Miniwolfi

Aug 26, 2009
Graz
i just instaled every thing x recovery works but when i installed jit the phone frezes at se logo and will not boot. Waited 15 mins and nothing good thing i did a back up

quangnhut123

Nov 29, 2009
i just instaled every thing x recovery works but when i installed jit the phone frezes at se logo and will not boot. Waited 15 mins and nothing good thing i did a back up
Do you wipe all dalvik caches ?? and the first boot after install it's take about 5 minutes to rebuild all cache files. After that it's working perfectly. Try to reboot few times and plug off your battery first !

quangnhut123

Nov 29, 2009

jeremyward420

Sep 3, 2010
Auckland
Re: OP

+Find
Code:
[COLOR="red"]debug.sf.hw=1[/COLOR]
if don't have add one
+Add
Code:
at the end of file !

Hey bro, nice TUT for jit...just wondering, the part in red, what do i replace that with? Or do i just comment it out? Sorry prob a stupid question, im just really sick of having to reflash so just making sure its all good before i flash to my phone.

Cheers,
Jeremy.

Reactions: quangnhut123

quangnhut123

Nov 29, 2009
Hey bro, nice TUT for jit...just wondering, the part in red, what do i replace that with? Or do i just comment it out? Sorry prob a stupid question, im just really sick of having to reflash so just making sure its all good before i flash to my phone.

Cheers,
Jeremy.

you just need find it if it's exist do nothing . And if not exist please add it after kernel.log=default

PS : As i recommend please backup your phone with xRecovery !

HewGBalls

Nov 16, 2010
help with xrecovery

hello guys,

just bought myself x10 mini pro and loving it so far. I have successfully rooted and have busy box and su permissions.

next, I followed the following steps for xrecovery but it does not seem to work for me.

Code:
- Phone must be rooted
- Download and install Titanium Backup. Run it and press Problems to install busybox or you can install standalone busybox in market !
How to use xRecovery :
- Reboot your phone !

I have copied the 3 files using root explorer and mounting it rw and the permission set to 777. I have also checked the files/permission using adb shell.

I have then turn the phone off, turn it back on and press back < button on the sony ericsson logo but no matter how many times i press or hold the back button it does not take me into recovery menu.

Edit:

my bad, i did not copy over busybox and chargemon because the files were already there from rooting process.

anyone who has this trouble, make sure you copy all the three files to system/bin folder and set the permissions and it should be good.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    The good news i wanna notice for everybody here is my X10 Mini Pro with lastest firmware 2.1.1.A.0.6 can Root + xRecovery + JIT and use Link2SD okay without any errors !
    I will tutorial you to do that. Now lets begin !

Root : Automate Installation
    1. Download attached file "SuperOneClick".
    2. Enable "USB Debug".
    3. Connect phone to "PC" and select "Charge Phone".
    4. Open "SuperOneClick" and select "Root".
    5. Wait!
    6. When it is done, reboot.

- Phone must be rooted
    How to use xRecovery :
    - Reboot your phone !

JIT : Here is manual installation. Automatic Installer here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=951274
    I'm strongly recommend to backup with xRecovery before install JIT !
    - Download attached file !
    - Go to market place and find app "Terminal Emulator" download and install it.
    - Extract and copy to sdcard
    - Use root explorer to remount /system rw
    - Copy dalvikvm,dexopt,logcat in sdcard to /system/bin/
    - CHMOD 755 for 3 files copied!
    - Copy libdvm.so,libnativehelper.so,libcutils.so,libdl.so,liblog.so,libm.so,libz.so in sdcard to /system/lib/
    - CHMOD 644 for 7 files copied!
    - Copy build.prop in sdcard to /system/ (You can use your build.prob file. Please see Warning section below)
    - Chmod 666 for build.prop !
    - Go to /data/dalvik-cache/ and remove all file in it or use command rm -r /data/dalvik-cache/* or we can use xRecovery and choose Advanced Options > Wipe dalvik cached
    - Reboot your phone and enjoy !

- To check it work or not run Terminal Emulator and type dalvikvm -k if you see "Configured with: debugger profiler jit show_exception=1. It's mean JIT has been working !

Warning : if your phone cannot reboot again please use xRecovery to restore backup file (if not backup yet you can use SEUS to reflash your device) and JIT again with your build.prop file.
    Follow these instructions:

- At the step copy build.prob above please use your build.prob instead my file provided and edit your file :
    - Edit /system/build.prob with Root Explorer
    +Find :
    DEVICE_PROVISIONED=1
    and replace with
    #DEVICE_PROVISIONED=1
    +Find :
    dalvik.vm.heapsize=24m
    and replace with
    dalvik.vm.heapsize=30m
    +Find :
    and replace with
    +Find
    if don't have add one
    +Add
    at the end of file !

Thanks to zdzihu for xRecovery, shivenjuneja for SuperOneClick modified version and all member in XDA for JIT installation method !

Now important action ^_^. Please thanks me if you want :D cheer !!
    I have been wrote new warning section for who have problems same you. Please read and do again to fix it. I hope you can because i can :D

okay i'll try it, maybe tomorrow...

it's late night now

thanks anyway ;)
    For those needing JIT in the version 2.1.1.A.0.6.

donetus has updated deano309 xrecovery based installer. All you need to do is copy the files to the SD card and update using xrecovery.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=11289748#post11289748

Works well.
    xRecovery install but not boot ><

Why not boot dude ? Try my AIO installer script : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=951274 to install xrecovery because xrecovery working 100% on lastest firmware ! i tested so many times
    Re: OP

+Find
    Code:
    [COLOR="red"]debug.sf.hw=1[/COLOR]
    if don't have add one
    +Add
    Code:
    at the end of file !

Cheers,
    Jeremy.