Touchscreen and lower 4 buttons not working

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5574085

Hello,

My sensation's screen and lower 4 buttons do not work,

I can boot into recovery,

the volume and power buttons work

but i cannot flash any aroma rom and if i flash a non aroma rom i cannot get through the unlock phone phase. the problem is with the touch buttons and the screen.

also the phone is heating up allot when plugged in.

Please help, i am an american student studying in europe and sadly cannot afford another phone (especially here in turkey where they have 87% tax + retailer profit added to the sale price. :(

D

Deleted member 5574085

i tried to do the stock ruu but keep getting battery percentage error, but my battery is at at least 60% when put into my friends phone =(

do i have a hardware problem?

D

Deleted member 5574085

battery percentage error?:confused:
did you try with full charge?

it has been a while, i got a sensation xl off of a friend, but still it is no where near close to filling the void of the sensation 4g =( plus i feel guilty for keeping someone else's phone for such a prolonged period of time. I have tried ruu's no avail =(. I guess maybe the only solution is a takeapart? maybe there is a loose ribbon or something?

I learned I can flash aroma roms by using the volume toggles. But it cannot be a software issue as all roms flash, but when they do i cannot unlock the phone, and in recovery the back button does not work. The screen and the bottom four buttons just don't want to cooperate for some bizarre reason. when the phone stays on for over 5 or six minutes the bottom of the phone where the buttons are gets very hot.

please is there anyone out there that could help me? I honestly would mean allot.

D

Deleted member 5574085

So I took the phone apart, there were no loose cables, put it back together it still boots, recovery still works, vibration still works

but the touch sensitive buttons dont and the screen does not

does this mean i need a new digitizer/screen? If so I can find one here for 60 usd.

some one please help, I dont want to rush and buy it and find out that it is a bust.

Is there anyone out there?