Moto G wall charger

Search This thread

bikelover1352

Mar 28, 2009
indore
Confused

i have a samsung 0.1a charger and a lg 0.2a charger which is suitable for moto g gen2???
PS:lg 0.2a charger is taking 2 hours to charge my Moto g g2 till 77%(while phone is turned off and plugged to wall charger)
thanks...

Last edited:

DigitalSnow

Mar 23, 2012
Really any USB charger will work. Just the higher amp will charge the phone faster up to the limit of the phone power intake structure. I personally use an apple iPad charger for my moto g gen 1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you said, any charger where the output is not too high (I recommend below 2a or below 2,5 to not stress the battery.

Conclusion: your samsung charger should work perfectly!

Edit: if you experience bad/not so good battery life (I did after update to kitkat), let your phone drain completely (shuts down) and recharge it to 100% and leave plugged in like 30-1h after it reached 100%.
    But don't do this too often as it will harm your battery over time.

Using a charger over 2A doesn't stress the battery because the Moto G limits the current to 1.5A.

It says so right here : https://motorola-global-portal.cus...prod_answer_detail/a_id/97318/p/30,6720,9050

”Any Motorola charger with the correct micro-USB tip will charge your Moto*G. You will see the best results when the output of the charger is between 500 mA and 1.5 A. The higher the output, the faster your Moto G*will charge.
    If your charger output is higher, the MOTO G will automatically restrict the charging rate. If your charger is lower, it will simply take longer to reach a full charge.”

I use my nexus 7 2A charger daily and it charges noticeably faster than my 1A HTC charger and is as Motorola stated, perfectly safe.

A 0.7A charger would charge pretty slow!

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
    charger doesn't push power, phone draws power, as long as you have the right voltage you are good
    I'm curious, is your 2A charger for a 2012 Nexus 7? Because I also plan to use my 2012 Nexus 7 charger on my Moto G, which is coming next week. How quickly does it charge the Moto G?

Yeah my nexus 7 is a 2012 model also, works just fine and charges really fast. I'll stopwatch my next recharge and report.

Edit: It charges from 10% to 100% in 2 hours with my nexus 7 2012 2A charger while incidentally using it.

Next charge I'll try my HTC 1A charger to monitor the difference

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk
    2 hours 10 minutes from 0% to 100% with 1A charger
    Good day!
    I have bought Moto G recently. I cannot buy an original charger for Moto here in Kyrgyzstan. So can it be charged with charger from Sony Z Ultra (output:5v and 1500 mAh).
    Thanks in advance

Yes it can..
    I use 2A charger to my moto g

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk