[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Search This thread

mkc90

Jun 21, 2009
Dallas
Im on m5 modem .. how can I update to m7 modem
??? Amy help please

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

swalter718

Jan 21, 2013
Im on m5 modem .. how can I update to m7 modem
??? Amy help please

Download and flash the MA7 modem zip available in rwilco12's repository.

Sent from an evil, dark place...
~ ROM: JellyBomb v14.0
~ Radio: L900VPAMA7
~ Kernel: Perseus alpha32

Last edited:

swalter718

Jan 21, 2013
Im using jellybomb v13 can I flash it using that rom ?

Yes, just boot into recovery, wipe the cache & dalvik, flash the modem zip, and reboot. You should see the Baseband updated to MA7 in Settings>About Device.

finalhit

Jan 12, 2009
Im on t3project's release of odex ma7 straight from ljc (didnt do the ota)...but I dont seem to have the latest kernel.

I would really prefer not to lose data...and so I'm considering flashing the nodata version.

Is this something that should be a painless process? Or should I expect issues?

swyped all these spelling errors from my galaxy note 2

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Im on t3project's release of odex ma7 straight from ljc (didnt do the ota)...but I dont seem to have the latest kernel.

I would really prefer not to lose data...and so I'm considering flashing the nodata version.

Is this something that should be a painless process? Or should I expect issues?

swyped all these spelling errors from my galaxy note 2

Noted this already and will be fixing today.

Reactions: aheeejd

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Download and flash this...

Im using jellybomb v13 can I flash it using that rom ?

Please update your posts to remove the direct download links. It messes with my data metrics. You can link to the folder itself but not the file.

Thank you!

KEYofR

Jun 14, 2010
Please update your posts to remove the direct download links. It messes with my data metrics. You can link to the folder itself but not the file.

Thank you!

I sympathise, but when dealing with technical stuff, the direct link isn't just for convenience of a direct download. It's really also a form of most accurate documentation. A link to a page that may have more than on link on it isn't as explicit as a link to a specific file. You could say "go here, scroll down to xx, look for the blue thing, it's the 2nd link thst says yyy" but the actual link is both more succcinct and impossible to screw up.

Ideally you should have both so the user can see the info about the file instead of just a file by itself as if it came from the air, so -just- the direct link isn't ideal either.

Lastly you can never control external links. Each person can still favorite the direct link and use it 50 times regardless if they are ever posted in posts. So if the metrics actually matter then you need to figure out a better metric solution. You can't control what happens out in the restvof the world. Maybe put some javascript in the page and change the download into a cgi that requires post data that only the page provides? Or actually, if the download were really a cgi then the direct link would be no problem any more, it could be counted just as well as the parent page.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

rwilco12

😺 Recognised Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
I sympathise, but when dealing with technical stuff, the direct link isn't just for convenience of a direct download. It's really also a form of most accurate documentation. A link to a page that may have more than on link on it isn't as explicit as a link to a specific file. You could say "go here, scroll down to xx, look for the blue thing, it's the 2nd link thst says yyy" but the actual link is both more succcinct and impossible to screw up.

Ideally you should have both so the user can see the info about the file instead of just a file by itself as if it came from the air, so -just- the direct link isn't ideal either.

Lastly you can never control external links. Each person can still favorite the direct link and use it 50 times regardless if they are ever posted in posts. So if the metrics actually matter then you need to figure out a better metric solution. You can't control what happens out in the restvof the world. Maybe put some javascript in the page and change the download into a cgi that requires post data that only the page provides? Or actually, if the download were really a cgi then the direct link would be no problem any more, it could be counted just as well as the parent page.

I agree with you 100% on all accounts! However, setting up another metric system is beyond me and I haven't had the time to explore it at this point. :(

And although multiple people could use the direct links as a favorite or post it elsewhere it also helps if the people in our community don't post those links where thousands of people can do the same thing they did and further directly link to the files. I provide my site for all to use and have no problems sharing. I do however have a big warning in the threads themselves asking people not to use direct links. A little common courtesy/respect is all I ask for in exchange for my hosting the files. :)

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Question.... who has flashed rooted vers and did you have root issues after? Really starting to wonder if something is wrong with Superuser...

Reactions: elwood

dr_gibberish

Jun 9, 2010
San Francisco Area
Question.... who has flashed rooted vers and did you have root issues after? Really starting to wonder if something is wrong with Superuser...

I flashed rooted no data version just now and I still have root issues.

When I booted up had both SuperSU and Superuser apps in drawer. Went out and rebooted into recovery (which was standard android recovery not CWM or TWRP) and wiped cache. (Wiping dalvik was not an option) When I rebooted, had only Superuser in drawer but still could not get root on any of my root apps (Titanium Backup or Root Explorer). Am I doing something wrong?

Also, should I have a custom recovery if I flashed this right?

FYI, under Kernel Version it says:
3.0.31-903705
se.infra@SEP-92#1
SMP PREEMPT Tue Jan 29 17:10:38 KST 2013

Is that correct?

elwood

May 1, 2011
Menasha, Wisconsin

I've flashed Both the rooted restore and the rooted no data and both are denying everything. Is it possible to bake in SuperSU instead since it seems to be the most common used

The problems pertained to the one clicks, I did not try the tar files

dr_gibberish

Jun 9, 2010
San Francisco Area
I've flashed Both the rooted restore and the rooted no data and both are denying everything. Is it possible to bake in SuperSU instead since it seems to be the most common used

The problems pertained to the one clicks, I did not try the tar files

I actually tried the kernel tar first and it did not work, so then I moved to the one click and it did not work either...

cpthomas1

Dec 27, 2009
Saint Louis
Yeah, getting the same issue. Once booted Superuser instantly denies access to any app, and won't give you the option to accepted it manually.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, since we haven't seen a full restore available for MA7 I'm going to do what I did with MA5 and make one clicks for all but the modem.
    If the situation changes I'll repost with new one clicks.

[ROM][ODIN][TAR]SPH-L900 MA7 (MA7 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock) - SXTP Developers

NOTE: THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE MAINTAINED ANY FURTHER BY OP AS IT HAS A MORE CURRENT VERSION AVAILABLE.
    PLEASE CONTACT IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES. THANK YOU.
    Last 2 OCs up. Glad to have this done...

I agree with you 100% on all accounts! However, setting up another metric system is beyond me and I haven't had the time to explore it at this point. :(

And although multiple people could use the direct links as a favorite or post it elsewhere it also helps if the people in our community don't post those links where thousands of people can do the same thing they did and further directly link to the files. I provide my site for all to use and have no problems sharing. I do however have a big warning in the threads themselves asking people not to use direct links. A little common courtesy/respect is all I ask for in exchange for my hosting the files. :)
    Separate Kernel tar is corrected.
    I'm rebuilding other TARs and OCs as we speak.
    TARs and respective MD5s are updated.
    OCs working on now. Hope I can get done in time.