[DEV] Samsung Smart View (Welcoming more help)

Search This thread

Zibri

Dec 10, 2010
It would be great to be able to use this on a PC..

I mean, to be able to watch tv from a networked pc.

Anyone tried?

Can anyone run the application and log all traffic with wireshark and send it to me (dropbox is fine)

Thanks!

hansdiegans

Feb 15, 2012
so i tried a little bit to play around with loading different stagefright libs, but every time something fails. looks like the libs need to be compiled for ICS.
seems that we need to wait for a (maybe next) version, that supports ICS.

Reactions: rand0m

rand0m

Jan 17, 2009
so i tried a little bit to play around with loading different stagefright libs, but every time something fails. looks like the libs need to be compiled for ICS.
seems that we need to wait for a (maybe next) version, that supports ICS.

yep seems to be an ICS issue, the first users on SGS2 start complaining its not working on the official ICS builds on SGS2 ...

melvinchng

Oct 17, 2010
Penang
I have a nexus s, works for me, but just a remote control without smart view.

Accidentally sent from my Google Nexus S using XDA Premium

rand0m

Jan 17, 2009
I have a nexus s, works for me, but just a remote control without smart view.

really? all versions I have tested in the version 3 try to enable dual view from start - not even an option not to start it - prio to v3 the remote only works ...

couldnt get my hand on the 3.0.4 build yet ... I assume they will need to bring an ICS version anytime soon anyway to support the rollout of ICS for SGS2

edit: just tried the latest 3.0.4 build, remote now works on galaxy nexus as should but no dual view option visible/available.

Last edited:

J.Ro

Jul 19, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 11
Need the patch for non Samsung devices. I had created one, but I took it down.

This is it I think:

Have to flash through clockwork mod

View attachment 928392

Fantastic!!!! I have it all working on my DHD. I have connected ad-hoc wireless from TV to phone (no router involved). Installed the above zip file for non Samsung phones, then installed V3.01 of the Smartview software. Everything is working brilliant.

:D:D:D:D:D

Dblfstr

Mar 25, 2010
Fantastic!!!! I have it all working on my DHD. I have connected ad-hoc wireless from TV to phone (no router involved). Installed the above zip file for non Samsung phones, then installed V3.01 of the Smartview software. Everything is working brilliant.

Yes, when I edited the op, I removed some modified .apks. I must have removed the patch also. Glad it worked for you.

Reactions: ttsherpa

melvinchng

Oct 17, 2010
Penang
Anyone can confirm that it work on non-Galaxy s 2/tab device?

lasikie

Dec 5, 2010

What rom are you using on your DHD, also how did you connect ad-hoc to tv I can't work out the password.

Gambero81

May 28, 2011
Hi, i have a galaxy s2 and a samsung ps51d6900 tv, there is a modded version of smartview so i can play tv on my phone? Tv models compatibility specified by samsung (d7000 and d8000) are tv hardware compatihility level or are limited by smartview software?
Thanks

Dblfstr

Mar 25, 2010
Hi, i have a galaxy s2 and a samsung ps51d6900 tv, there is a modded version of smartview so i can play tv on my phone? Tv models compatibility specified by samsung (d7000 and d8000) are tv hardware compatihility level or are limited by smartview software?
Thanks

There is currently no modded version to enable non-supported phones

For non-supported TV's, this is probably all software related.

There may be a way to enable this feature on an unsupported TV, but you will not find it here.

Google: 'Sammy Go' if you want to get into TV hacking.

Or here: http://www.samygo.tv/

bsilvino

Dec 9, 2010
This app is compatible with Galaxy Nexus? There is anyone working on it? I thank you for any advice.

ucy

Mar 8, 2011
I have D7000 series smart tv and SGS I9000.
What is the rom for SGS I9000 to run smart view with (dual view) streaming?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    custom version 4.0.5

after learning a lot from the progress Dblfstr and Modchen had made, i was reading a lot about
    java and smali code. so i was able to make custom versions of the newest version 4.0.5.

all 3 versions do the following:
    - no additional patch is needed for installation (com.samsung.device.jar/xml)
    - no sec_feature.jar/xml is needed
    - no libinvoker.so is needed
    - make the prog think it is on a samsung galaxy S2
    (MANUFACTURER,DEVICE,MODEL and PRODUCT - NOT the BOARD!)

custom version: download deleted

custom fullscreen version: download deleted
    + works in fullscreen mode (for device with on-screen buttons like the kindle fire)

custom debug version: download deleted
    + every possible logging is enabled (for testing on new devices, to see what's going on)

tested on:
    - kindle fire (gingerbread)
    - galaxy tab 1 (gingerbread)
    - galaxy s4 mini (jelly bean)

on the samsung devices the original version is working too - no need to spoof the device.

nevertheless following things are still true:
    - on non samsung devices some force closes and hangs will likely happen on the first start.
    if you see "multi.display is starting" you have a good chance.
    see this post from nygmam: click here
    - there seems to be a dependency with the original libmedia.so and/or libmedia_jni.so of the device.
    some functions in this files seem to be needed (unsatisfied link error).
    Please,
    Can anyone mod the Smart view 2.0 for 2014 tv models?
    This Smart view 1.0 doesn't work with the 2014 models, H series
    did the test versions only work on samsung devices?

i have an Desire HD, and i even cant install the app....

Need the patch for non Samsung devices. I had created one, but I took it down.

This is it I think:

Have to flash through clockwork mod

View attachment PatchSamsungView.zip
    Sorry, I assumed that if you post into S2 forum... you have that phone.
    I just extract it for you, don't say we are not nice at XDA. :)
    Ok guys...just wanted to update you with something I found...

My setup:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P5110 10.1
    Samsung UE55ES8000

The latest version of this app works with 'DualView' when watching through the TV's built in antenna only ie Freeview. If you switch to another source, such as HDMI, the 'DualView' feature immediately switches off and the message 'unavailable' appears.

The info on the PlayStore says:

"Due to a change in content protection rules, the Dual View feature within Samsung Smart View may not be available on certain mobile devices after August 10, 2012"

Tried an older version of the app, and all sources DO WORK.

However, the app is still very poor for me, with constant stuttering and even disconnection on occasion. My home network is more than capable of supporting this app, so it is definitely the app at fault.

Just thought that might be helpful to those trying it. :good: