Search This thread

1wayjonny

Jan 3, 2007
Universal Naked Driver 0.72
** Google Nexus 4 Added
** Google Nexus 10 Added
** Google Nexus Q Added
** Google Nexus S Added

32 & 64 Bit Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP - Attached to this post!
MD5: 30D25BC073F010CA01178CD6E2C5E4FA

I am happy to release my Universal Naked Driver. This is to allow ADB, Fastboot & APX interfaces to work without installing any package much less multiples packages for users with multiple devices. Yes you can just install them and uninstall right away but why bother?

I was annoyed that I couldnt use my Transformer Prime and Galaxy Nexus without having versions and packages trip over each other. My previous post for the Sensation & Galaxy Nexus was helpful so I thought I would bring to XDA the newest Android driver available from source (which they call 4.0) and make it start talking.

Warning: Uninstall any previous driver package's you may have installed and also manually remove drivers by attaching your phone and going to Windows device manager and right click the entry for your phone and select "Uninstall" on the next prompt make sure to select "Delete the driver software for this device" then hit OK and reboot before installing these drivers

Code:
Google Nexus Devices ADB & Fastboot
Samsung Devices ADB & Fastboot
Asus Devices ADB, Fastboot & APX
HTC Devices ADB & Fastboot

Code:
[B]Windows 8 Instructions[/B]

How to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8:

From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
Click ‘More PC Settings’.
Click ‘General’.
Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
Wait a bit.
Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
Click ‘Advanced Options’
Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
Click Restart.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

RayYung

Oct 28, 2009
White Plains, NY
HI,

I see you warning on 0.6.1 about Transformer. So now, is it safe to use your driver with Transformer and HTC phone? ( I am still waiting for my Nexus 7 but I wanna get ready. :))

Bxsteez

Jun 9, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yea i'm having issues finding the MTP driver myself. One would think that this would be on Google's site or Asus's site but there isn't anything. Anyone know where to find it?

mtmjr90

Aug 4, 2011
San Jose, CA
plus.google.com
Whenver I try to install the driver Windows gives me an error saying, ""The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering." And it won't let me install them. Any ideas? Thanks.

bobtentpeg

Jan 18, 2010
Whenver I try to install the driver Windows gives me an error saying, ""The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering." And it won't let me install them. Any ideas? Thanks.

You need to click "install anyway" or whatever the button says. This isn't an official hashed driver

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Doesn't seem to work on my amd64-bit machine. I followed the instructions perfectly and it just returns with a error saying "windows was unable to install your nexus"... need help here to get adb/fast boot installed on either windows or Linux.

Edit: NM Got it had to install 64bit pdanet drivers!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Last edited:

nikon120

Oct 3, 2010
Thanks for this. The "Nexus 7" driver would install within seconds normally, but the "Nexus" driver always failed when USB debugging was enabled. This driver worked like a charm for USB debugging.

Auto-play doesn't work though.

Win7 32-bit.
Samsung SPH-D700 driver installed.
Now Nexus 7 driver installed.

MrTrackZed

Aug 10, 2010
Los Angeles
how do u install this? please :(
sorry

After you download the driver, unzip/extract its contents. Then you go to your device manager on your PC, and plug in your Nexus. You'll see it with a yellow exclamation point, right click it and select update driver. You can then select this driver manually. Also, if using Wug's root method, make sure you configure the fastboot driver as well. I don't have my PC with me, but I believe its step 6 in the driver install process. Its all very easy, sounds confusing, but its not. Good luck!

goku16

Oct 13, 2010
Thank you, i ll try it after work, since i havent plug the n7 in my laptop yet, thats why i need it for reinstall the stock rom>< my is defected with asus rom

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

RayYung

Oct 28, 2009
White Plains, NY
You are the best.:good:

I can't get ADB works on my Nexus 7 even with the lastest Android SDK from Google. But your driver works instantly.

I am looking forward you continue update the device list. Let me know if I can help anything!! :highfive:

Last edited:

Sebianoti

Mar 27, 2011
Krakow
www.Nave360.com
Almost... hours trying to make it work, got this far
mrQzKk.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Universal Naked Driver 0.72
    ** Google Nexus 4 Added
    ** Google Nexus 10 Added
    ** Google Nexus Q Added
    ** Google Nexus S Added

32 & 64 Bit Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP - Attached to this post!
    MD5: 30D25BC073F010CA01178CD6E2C5E4FA

I am happy to release my Universal Naked Driver. This is to allow ADB, Fastboot & APX interfaces to work without installing any package much less multiples packages for users with multiple devices. Yes you can just install them and uninstall right away but why bother?

I was annoyed that I couldnt use my Transformer Prime and Galaxy Nexus without having versions and packages trip over each other. My previous post for the Sensation & Galaxy Nexus was helpful so I thought I would bring to XDA the newest Android driver available from source (which they call 4.0) and make it start talking.

Warning: Uninstall any previous driver package's you may have installed and also manually remove drivers by attaching your phone and going to Windows device manager and right click the entry for your phone and select "Uninstall" on the next prompt make sure to select "Delete the driver software for this device" then hit OK and reboot before installing these drivers

Code:
    Google Nexus Devices ADB & Fastboot
    Samsung Devices ADB & Fastboot
    Asus Devices ADB, Fastboot & APX
    HTC Devices ADB & Fastboot

Code:
    [B]Windows 8 Instructions[/B]

How to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8:

From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
    Click ‘More PC Settings’.
    Click ‘General’.
    Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
    Wait a bit.
    Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Click ‘Advanced Options’
    Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
    Click Restart.

Enjoy!
    how do u install this? please :(
    sorry

After you download the driver, unzip/extract its contents. Then you go to your device manager on your PC, and plug in your Nexus. You'll see it with a yellow exclamation point, right click it and select update driver. You can then select this driver manually. Also, if using Wug's root method, make sure you configure the fastboot driver as well. I don't have my PC with me, but I believe its step 6 in the driver install process. Its all very easy, sounds confusing, but its not. Good luck!
    Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be an option in Windows 8...=/ I've got adb working from another driver but only when I'm booted into device rather than fastboot or recovery unfortunately. I'll just have to live with a non-permanent CWM for now...

http://dhakshinamoorthy.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/installing-an-unsigned-driver-in-windows-8-x64/

See above.