[ROM]CM10.1 Linaro O3 Build With Basic Kernel 02/06

Search This thread

KBizzle

Oct 30, 2008
Knoxville
Re: [ROM]CM10.1 Linaro O3 Build With Basic Kernel 02/04

Anyone else not have data?

Edit: Never mind. It appears others have flashed without issue. I'll try again.

False alarm. Data doesn't seem to connect during initial gapps setup but does once finished.

Sent from my Spaceship with Tapatalk 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiguelHogue

bailey1

Feb 14, 2008
Champaign, IL

Because im more of a fan of PA, will you be releasing kernel with O3?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

gammaxgoblin

Nov 19, 2010

The dark theme of MMS doesn't change the background color... Known issue?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

ahjee

Mar 24, 2010

Thanks for posting here kejar

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010

You're talking about the option under MMS settings to use the darker appearance? This never worked for me on CM10/10.1 either. Always had to get a custom themed apk. Here's the one I use and works perfect on CM10.1. Check the attachments.

View attachment Mms.apk

To install it just copy and paste it into your /system/app folder and make sure that permissions are as follows rw- r- r-

Then just reboot your phone and voila. Done. I don't recall where I got that apk from but I know it took awhile of Google searching to get to it.

scott_65

Jun 13, 2012

Wow, much better. I had been wondering the same thing about the dark colors not switching. That looks pretty sharp, thanks!

A real phone takes 2 hands to operate. SGNote deuce.

gammaxgoblin

Nov 19, 2010

You're talking about the option under MMS settings to use the darker appearance? This never worked for me on CM10/10.1 either. Always had to get a custom themed apk. Here's the one I use and works perfect on CM10.1. Check the attachments.

View attachment 1706438

To install it just copy and paste it into your /system/app folder and make sure that permissions are as follows rw- r- r-

Then just reboot your phone and voila. Done. I don't recall where I got that apk from but I know it took awhile of Google searching to get to it.
thanks!

I think I've seen it work on cm9 but none of the cm10 builds seem to have it working. I flash too many roms to keep track lol.

KBizzle

Oct 30, 2008
Knoxville

View attachment 1706438

Im pretty sure the dark setting is for the the quick reply pop up only, not for the whole mms app. Probably why it didnt work. :D

Breezer23

Nov 20, 2009
Chicagoish

Any idea what 84.0dip is? I have two separate iterations of it running in the background

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360101564777.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360101564777.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 331

Breezer23

Nov 20, 2009
Chicagoish

Odd. No new apps. This wasn't on TouchWiz. I uninstalled whatever they were anyway. Thanks.

FrankyFiggz27

Apr 17, 2011
Vatican City
Is everyone able to send and receive mms thru the stock messaging app? I can't do either. I tried to send 1 yesterday but it didn't go through. Then I noticed my battery was getting OWNED by the messaging app mms connectivty which was giving me crazy wakelock times. so i deletedd all my messages. then today i noticed my battery was getting hammered and found that i had mms connectivity partial wakelock for even longer, going on 19 hours. Anyone know what this drain is and how to fix mms?

Breezer23

Nov 20, 2009
Chicagoish
Is everyone able to send and receive mms thru the stock messaging app? I can't do either. I tried to send 1 yesterday but it didn't go through. Then I noticed my battery was getting OWNED by the messaging app mms connectivty which was giving me crazy wakelock times. so i deletedd all my messages. then today i noticed my battery was getting hammered and found that i had mms connectivity partial wakelock for even longer, going on 19 hours. Anyone know what this drain is and how to fix mms?

Prior to me recently going back to TouchWiz due to data drops, I could send fine. Wasn't sent any pictures so I can't comment on receiving.

Data drops make me a sad panda. I'm sure I'll be back! AOSP is so much purdier!

gammaxgoblin

Nov 19, 2010

I have had zero data problems with this ROM

kejar31

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 24, 2010
found a bug pulling for now.. will be back up soon for now you can use the build from 02/04

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thought I would share this. Its a build of CM10.1 from 02/04 with the Linaro updates added and compiled with linaro's 4.7 toolchain oh and it had O3 turned on :)

Notes:
    All Credit got to the CM team and Sbrissen who got CM working for our phones

If CM doesn't include the commits and people like this enough I will most likely provide weekly updates

Features:

ROM
    Compiled with Linaro's GCC 4.7.3 toolchain (01/13)
    O3

KERNEL
    Compiled with Linaro GCC 4.7.3
    Updated wifi driver
    Unofficial Voodoo sound driver (otherwise this has not been reviewed and approved by Supercurio)
    OverClock up to 1.8 Ghz
    CPU Undervolting
    Downgrade to mali r2p4 which fixed graphic glitches

ChangeLog:

02/04 - initial release

02/06
    Updated with CM base 02/06 at 7PM
    Compiled kernel with the Linaro GCC 4.7.3 toolchain
    Complete base has now been compiled the wtih Linaro GCC 4.7.3 toolchain (many things moved from 4.6)

Source:
    Kernel source https://github.com/kejar31/android_k...msung_smdk4412

Credit:
    gokhanmoral
    codeworkx
    sbrissen
    CyanogenMod
    supercurio
    Tk-Glitch

Install:
    Boot to recovery and make a backup
    Wipe data/cache/dalvik
    Flash ROM
    Flash GAPPS
    Reboot

Downlaods:
    GAPPS

ROM FOR THE VZW NOTE 2 ONLY

Quick rundown from a Phoronix artificial that does a pretty good job of a quick breakdown on the differences.. It even includes some benchmarks :)

Note that Android is normally compiled with O2 and Os

For those unfamiliar with the different optimization flags, see the GCC optimize options documentation. The tested flags used in this article include:

-O0 - Reduce compilation time and make debugging produce the expected results. This is the default.

-O1 - Optimize. Optimizing compilation takes somewhat more time, and a lot more memory for a large function.

-O2 - Optimize even more. GCC performs nearly all supported optimizations that do not involve a space-speed tradeoff. As compared to -O, this option increases both compilation time and the performance of the generated code.

-O3 - Optimize yet more. -O3 turns on all optimizations specified by -O2 and also turns on the -finline-functions, -funswitch-loops, -fpredictive-commoning, -fgcse-after-reload, -ftree-vectorize, -fvect-cost-model, -ftree-partial-pre and -fipa-cp-clone options.

-Os - Optimize for size. -Os enables all -O2 optimizations that do not typically increase code size. It also performs further optimizations designed to reduce code size.

-Ofast - Disregard strict standards compliance. -Ofast enables all -O3 optimizations. It also enables optimizations that are not valid for all standard-compliant programs. It turns on -ffast-math and the Fortran-specific -fno-protect-parens and -fstack-arrays.
    okay new build is back up... everything is good now! :)
    So far all looks good without wiping. And scrolling is MUCH smoother!

A real phone takes 2 hands to operate. SGNote deuce.
    BTW the bug had nothing to do with anything I did... Rather it was a CM bug and they have since posted the fix.. recompiling with the fix now.. should be back up before I head off to bead :)

View attachment Mms.apk