Rearth Ringke slim REVIEW

Search This thread

D4rk50ul

Sep 9, 2010
Honolulu
xdaforums.com
Just slapped mine on, like the raised corners for face down safety but agree the front of the top and bottom are pretty exposed. Nice fit and what I was looking for though. Nice review :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

tracerit

Jan 7, 2008
Orange County, CA
whiel i like how slim it is. on mine, even with it face down, it'll wobble and it seems the screen is still touching because it slides soo easily like it does without the case.

the case without the phone doesn't wobble and it doesn't slide easily. maybe i have crooked one? doesn't feel like it though since there's no squeaking with the case on.

ridearoundsolo

Nov 17, 2011
Just got mine and I'm liking it a lot, all we need is a case exactly like this one but covers the top and bottom as well, but yea this one is very nice

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

D4rk50ul

Sep 9, 2010
Honolulu
xdaforums.com
Odd I put mine face down in the dark and can see light all the way around except the corners. I am fairly positive it's not touching screen. The second case I got isn't as good of a fit though it is loose on the volume rocker side.

zzoinks

Sep 10, 2007
Cleveland
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I've had mine for a week or so.

Pros:
Thin
Light

Cons:
Moves around too much directly over the volume controls. Not enough material there to be stiff enough so it tends to flex in that area.
There's an annoying ridge around the edge closest to the screen. Sort of like a line for the mold used to form the plastic. This makes it feel cheap.

I've got the "Ringke Fusion" case on order and hoping I like that better. If so, this one may be going back.

-Brett.

Khaiyan

Jul 25, 2012
I was just wondering...to address the 'top and bottom bezel uncovered' issue, could we not apply one of those full body shield protectors, i.e those that protect the sides? Or would the case not fit with that on?

rault18

Sep 11, 2008
Sincity
I was just wondering...to address the 'top and bottom bezel uncovered' issue, could we not apply one of those full body shield protectors, i.e those that protect the sides? Or would the case not fit with that on?

That'll protect from scratches but not from impact

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

D

Deleted member 3105162

I have this case and love it. I don't like to put cases on my phones but wanted to protect the glasses back so I got this. Protects the back while barely being noticeable, which is perfect for my tastes.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

irishman103

Jul 19, 2009
Gainesville
Got this case a couple days ago in white. So far so good. Thin and low profile. Dropped the phone yesterday, hit the corner and not a scratch or crack on the phone.

jmbz916

Oct 26, 2010
To those who have this case on, is it a snug fit or kind of lose? I'm asking because I just received the Spigen SGP Slim and it has a lose fit. Like you could shake it softly and feel the phone sliding around..kind of disappointed and if the Ringke Slim is snug, then I'm considering ordering that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

jmbz916

Oct 26, 2010
Mine is fit, and I actually have hard time taking it off the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Man..I knew I should of ordered from Rearth instead since I had the slim case for the Gnex...thanks for the response. Haha

n1ggyn1ce

Dec 24, 2010
houston
probably the tightest snuggiest case. IT's a b*tch to take off. Can nick the phone w/my fingernail trying to remove the case hence why I've been rocking it naked the past week..

Reactions: jmbz916

jmbz916

Oct 26, 2010
Thanks for the responses...went ahead and ordered me one. That spigen ones crappy IMHO..good thing I have a buddy that's gonna take it off my hands for the amount I got it for

MrBelter

Apr 10, 2011
I got my navy blue Ringke Slim (version 2) this morning and although the fit is superb and getting it back off if a challenge i am a little cheesed off that "soft touch" doesn't equate to grip like it would on a Case Mate Barely There.

Great case but i am tempted to put my 95p S Line jobbie back on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

I got the chance to review this case and made the video as usual. It is very thin, very light, however I am not comfortable leaving the top and bottom exposed.

Here it is! If you have any questions please just let me know

http://youtu.be/KIRwjBtI7L4
    probably the tightest snuggiest case. IT's a b*tch to take off. Can nick the phone w/my fingernail trying to remove the case hence why I've been rocking it naked the past week..
    Correct fitment is pretty tight . but I think this also makes it barely noticeable

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
    Love this case. Got the white one and it looks really nice.
    Offers pretty good protection. Drop mine onto concrete floor from 3 FTs and look a few tumble but phone is 100% fine. My heart skipped a beat tho. Lol.

Does anybody know how to take off the case easily and not prying the phone from the grip of endless strength? Haha. I've taken it off twice, but I struggled, there has to be an easy way.

start with one corner(top or bottom it doesn't matter) and just work at it slowly until it comes off a little bit. Then go to the opposite corner(staying on the same side so if you're on the volume side stay on that side) and slowly peel again. Once you get two corners loosened up you should be able to lift that side of the phone up and then slide the rest out.