What is this app?

Search This thread

ubizmo

May 21, 2012
Philadelphia
ebame3eh.jpg

This app appears as a choice when I want to select a wallpaper, for example, and at other times, for choosing images. It appears to be an alternative to Gallery.

That's fine, but the app doesn't show up in any list, either in Manage Applications, Titanium, etc. Where is it hiding?

Sent via Tapatalk

xXchrizhurtyXx

Apr 12, 2012
Bronx, NY
ebame3eh.jpg

This app appears as a choice when I want to select a wallpaper, for example, and at other times, for choosing images. It appears to be an alternative to Gallery.

That's fine, but the app doesn't show up in any list, either in Manage Applications, Titanium, etc. Where is it hiding?

Sent via Tapatalk

I though that was google picture sync.
Itll sync your photos for you i believe.
But i may be wrong.

bruttium

Aug 23, 2010
It's the "Photos" app.

It's the "Photos" app. I believe it showed up on my Samsung GS4 after the T-Mo update to Android 4.3.

I think it'll be replacing the Gallery app in the future. But that's probably speculation on my part.

It shows up in my Application menu. Maybe you've hidden that item? (Try "Show hidden applications" on the Applications sub-menu?)

ubizmo

May 21, 2012
Philadelphia
Thank you, it's indeed in the hidden list, but it's strange that it doesn't show up in Titanium. And I didn't hide it.

I wonder if this app contributes to the "thumbnail bloat" problem, i.e. massive amounts of data in the device DCIM/thumbnails folder.

Sent via Tapatalk