Back to s-on

Search This thread

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
spoke with htc... They saw I requested a bootloader unlock token and wont replace the glass.

Wow really? I would call again and talk to someone else. That is BS. Developer edition has the advantage plan and comes with unlocked boot loader. I would point that out. If they say no, ask to speak to their manager.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

You can lock your boot loader and to turn s-on on m7 is
fastboot oem writesecureflag 3
I don't know if this works on m8, try at your own risk or see if anyone else has tried it.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Just out of wonder, what was your scenario when you cracked your screen? Did you have a case? How high? Concrete?

Dot case , 3 feet and a 1/4 inch rubber floor over concrete. I can't believe it cracked. Its a one inch crack from the right side to the bottom of the screen. I probably dropped my m7 30 times in the year I owned it without a problem.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Pure+

May 28, 2013
I believe there is a S-On feature in Hasoon2000's all in one tool that takes you back to S-On. When I was looking through all the features it has earlier today it seemed like it has everything you need to basically revert back to stock as if you never messed with the device. link to thread --> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2699065

I believe there is a S-On feature in Hasoon2000's all in one tool that takes you back to S-On. When I was looking through all the features it has earlier today it seemed like it has everything you need to basically revert back to stock as if you never messed with the device. link to thread --> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2699065

thanks a lot. Have any idea how to get back to locked bootloader?

I used the toolkit and relocked the bootloader, went back to s-on. The phone still says tampered and relocked in the bootloader. The problem I'm running into is, I want to return the phone to AT&T store. I have clicked to reset the device from settings, as well as from the bootloader and the phone does not restore it just boots into teh bootloader showing tampered and relocked. I think this is because the know the AT&T rep will restore it and see it. Anyone know of a way to fix this?

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
I used the toolkit and relocked the bootloader, went back to s-on. The phone still says tampered and relocked in the bootloader. The problem I'm running into is, I want to return the phone to AT&T store. I have clicked to reset the device from settings, as well as from the bootloader and the phone does not restore it just boots into teh bootloader showing tampered and relocked. I think this is because the know the AT&T rep will restore it and see it. Anyone know of a way to fix this?

Sounds like you didn't flash the stock recovery.
There is a guide on how to lock your boot loader without it saying relocked in the m8 forums.
You would need to soff, unlock boot loader, flash stock rom and recovery, boot into twrp "don't flash recovery" and root your phone, relock phone the proper way, remove tampered label, go back to s-on, use supersu to remove root, then factory restore.

Sounds like you didn't flash the stock recovery.
There is a guide on how to lock your boot loader without it saying relocked in the m8 forums.
You would need to soff, unlock boot loader, flash stock rom and recovery, boot into twrp "don't flash recovery" and root your phone, relock phone the proper way, remove tampered label, go back to s-on, use supersu to remove root, then factory restore.

Your directions arent very clear. How would you boot into twrp after you just flashed stock ROM and recovery.

an0ther

Sep 21, 2013
Your directions arent very clear. How would you boot into twrp after you just flashed stock ROM and recovery.

have twrp on your computer in fastboot directory
fastboot boot twrp.img
it will boot twrp without flashing recovery