Petition: Grant Galaxy S5 Users Unlocked Bootloader Upon Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

davidstre

Feb 25, 2009
NYNY
Greetings Everyone,

I posted this over in the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 threads. The original thread I'm speaking of can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2758406

As I am sure many of you are aware Verizon Wireless and AT&T users have yet to receive root. I have created a petition asking for an unlocked bootloader that upon reaching its signature goal will be sent out to VZW/ATT as well as Samsung Mobile. Petitioning has worked for a number of devices in the past such as the HTC Rezound. If you would all please take a minute or less of your time to SIGN&SHARE this petition it would help all of us out tremendously. Below I have pasted the OP from my original thread.

Petition link is at the bottom of this post.

There was some discussion by Russ77 about starting a petition over in the bounty thread, so I went ahead and made one.

You may think this is a long shot or even a foolish attempt, but the bottom line is it could work. The likeliness of this working goes up with every signature. If you are reading this- SIGN! If this really picks up we may be able to change Verizon's policy all together! It takes maybe 3 seconds to sign so lets get this thing moving!

How Can You Help?
1. Sign the petition
2. Get Social- tweet it, facebook it, anything to spread awareness
3. Share this on other forums and websites

Remember, signing this is great but signing and sharing is even better.

Current Goal: 5,000

Verizon Wireless Petition Link:
https://www.change.org/petitions/ve...-users-unlocked-bootloader-upon-request#share

ATT Petition Link:
http://www.change.org/petitions/ran...axy-s5-users-unlocked-bootloader-upon-request

Reactions: tydiamond11

mike5026

Dec 13, 2010
Greetings Everyone,

I posted this over in the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 threads. The original thread I'm speaking of can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2758406

As I am sure many of you are aware Verizon Wireless and AT&T users have yet to receive root. I have created a petition asking for an unlocked bootloader that upon reaching its signature goal will be sent out to VZW/ATT as well as Samsung Mobile. Petitioning has worked for a number of devices in the past such as the HTC Rezound. If you would all please take a minute or less of your time to SIGN&SHARE this petition it would help all of us out tremendously. Below I have pasted the OP from my original thread.

There was some discussion by Russ77 about starting a petition over in the bounty thread, so I went ahead and made one.

You may think this is a long shot or even a foolish attempt, but the bottom line is it could work. The likeliness of this working goes up with every signature. If you are reading this- SIGN! If this really picks up we may be able to change Verizon's policy all together! It takes maybe 3 seconds to sign so lets get this thing moving!

How Can You Help?
1. Sign the petition

https://www.change.org/petitions/ve...-users-unlocked-bootloader-upon-request#share

ATT Petition Link:
http://www.change.org/petitions/ran...axy-s5-users-unlocked-bootloader-upon-request

There should be one for Sprint as well j/s

NghtWachman

Nov 1, 2012
The Center, Texas
Dude I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry while reading this. Let me explain to you what you're asking, you are asking these companies to allow you the chance to break their device, I'm I right? That's like asking the owner of a house to let you in so that you can rob them, I can't believe XDA is being reduced to this level. Here is a tip, why not find another carrier that gives you the freedom to root until devs can figure something out. Over here we're still trying to figure out how to prevent Knox from tripping once rooted. I'm not sure petitioning mobile companies is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Djspinister

Jul 13, 2010
Dallas
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Dude I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry while reading this. Let me explain to you what you're asking, you are asking these companies to allow you the chance to break their device, I'm I right? That's like asking the owner of a house to let you in so that you can rob them, I can't believe XDA is being reduced to this level. Here is a tip, why not find another carrier that gives you the freedom to root until devs can figure something out. Over here we're still trying to figure out how to prevent Knox from tripping once rooted. I'm not sure petitioning mobile companies is the way to go.

What if Windows only let you have a guest account?

OP

/signed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dejahboi

May 11, 2007
Porterville

Clearly you haven't been around the forums long enough? Hence, your logic makes no sense either. If you want more support for our devices, unlocking it for other variants would attract more development and hopefully contribute to solving tripping knox. So, don't try to discourage a movement that's been done on other devices which BTW was sometimes successful. It's a possible cause.

Thanks for the write op!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Djspinister

drakester09

Jan 10, 2012
Based on my limited knowledge of American carriers, this has been attempted before and both VZW and AT&T have little care for such things.
Is there any *recent* example of success?
I remember very clearly that one of those companies stayed that they would not allow unlocking bootloaders, period.

Also I really really doubt you can move Samsung with a petition, they just don't give a crap about them.

Sorry but you might be wasting your time :(

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Reactions: mike5026

NghtWachman

Nov 1, 2012
The Center, Texas
Clearly you haven't been around the forums long enough? Hence, your logic makes no sense either. If you want more support for our devices, unlocking it for other variants would attract more development and hopefully contribute to solving tripping knox. So, don't try to discourage a movement that's been done on other devices which BTW was sometimes successful. It's a possible cause.

Thanks for the write op!

It's easier to carry such view point, but of course there are those among us who are looking for quick fix while the rest are working diligently in finding a solution, if you believe that taking a petition to these company will be a positive way then by all means go for it, but remember we're talking about companies that don't give a sh*t about what customers think when it comes to granting boot loader access.

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
Sigh....another petition thread? This will never happen, so don't bother wasting your time. Don't bother wasting more time than you already have. It will not happen. Period.

Reactions: Tydgaf

corona63976

Mar 16, 2013
Shoshone
We buy their devices to do with as we please...period if the bootloader is unlocked warranty void end of story... what's so funny and hard to understand.people who know the risks also know the fix.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ronnie498

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 22, 2010
Mod Edit

Thread Closed - Duplicate threads are not allowed

ronnie498
Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Greetings Everyone,

How Can You Help?
    1. Sign the petition

ATT Petition Link:

Thanks for the write op!

Based on my limited knowledge of American carriers, this has been attempted before and both VZW and AT&T have little care for such things.
    Is there any *recent* example of success?
    I remember very clearly that one of those companies stayed that they would not allow unlocking bootloaders, period.

Also I really really doubt you can move Samsung with a petition, they just don't give a crap about them.

Sorry but you might be wasting your time :(

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
    Sigh....another petition thread? This will never happen, so don't bother wasting your time. Don't bother wasting more time than you already have. It will not happen. Period.