jtxdriggers

Jul 7, 2010
Disclaimer:
Code:
Your warranty is now void.

Flashing this recovery assumes you have a sufficient technical understanding
of your device. Before continuing, you should be aware of the risks involved
and have an idea of what to do if something goes wrong. I am not responsible
for any bricked or otherwise malfunctioning devices.

A while back, bekriebel posted a working CWM image for Glass. Since then, there have been significant firmware changes for Glass that rendered the old recovery image unusable. A lot of people have been asking for an update, so I decided to compile an updated version.

This image is based on the latest stable CM11 sources, and uses the XE18.1 (XRV70D) kernel source found at http://github.com/justindriggers/android_kernel_Google_glass_1 and the device tree at http://github.com/justindriggers/android_device_Google_glass_1

Installation Instructions:

Download the recovery image here (md5sum: 1c0299145ec08efc5a7ec0f87ab7ef24)

Boot into fastboot mode:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Flash the image:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockworkmod-20140613-UNOFFICIAL-glass_1.img

Reboot your device:
Code:
fastboot reboot

Finally, you can boot into recovery:
Code:
adb reboot recovery

Usage:

Change the selection with the camera button. Select the current item with the power button.

Let me know if you have any issues, and enjoy.

Attachments

• recovery-clockworkmod-20140613-UNOFFICIAL-glass_1.img
    7.3 MB · Views: 861
Reactions: GoodSoul

ResleyZ

Feb 14, 2014
What are the changes made? Does it add anything new that Glass couldn't do before, does it re-add non-glass input (OTG USB - Bluetooth input)?

Basically, what are the advantages of using this?

jtxdriggers

Jul 7, 2010
What are the changes made? Does it add anything new that Glass couldn't do before, does it re-add non-glass input (OTG USB - Bluetooth input)?

This is just the recovery, completely separate from everything inside the Glass operating system. I've personally used it to install Superuser and Xposed onto my device, but it opens the door to many other opportunities. If Google ever decides to make Glass open-source, then we may see some custom roms, which would be flashed using this recovery.

A publicly available recovery image is the first step toward further customization. If you have no need for it at the moment (you aren't a developer), then I wouldn't recommend flashing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodSoul and Shohat

droidzer1

Oct 28, 2013
I know this is old but it does work and even on XE24. I just did a full backup. Took awhile to find where it was stored but found it and pulled it to the computer with adb pull command. Found at:
/mnt/shell/emulated/clockworkmod/backup/ where there were a total of 10 files from the backup.

Just wish I would have had this before losing my working XE23 which at least could still send texts, make calls and a few other things.

droidzer1

Oct 28, 2013
ADB seems to have quit working. I had AOSP 5.1.1 on it but things got too slow and decided to put XE24 back on so got that done with fastboot but have not been able to get ADB to work at all. Any ideas?

I flashed to rooted bootloader after adb quit working but no change. Tried flashing the clockworkmod recovery again but still no adb.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is just the recovery, completely separate from everything inside the Glass operating system. I've personally used it to install Superuser and Xposed onto my device, but it opens the door to many other opportunities. If Google ever decides to make Glass open-source, then we may see some custom roms, which would be flashed using this recovery.

A publicly available recovery image is the first step toward further customization. If you have no need for it at the moment (you aren't a developer), then I wouldn't recommend flashing it.
    Disclaimer:
    Code:
    Your warranty is now void.

Flashing this recovery assumes you have a sufficient technical understanding
    of your device. Before continuing, you should be aware of the risks involved
    and have an idea of what to do if something goes wrong. I am not responsible
    for any bricked or otherwise malfunctioning devices.

A while back, bekriebel posted a working CWM image for Glass. Since then, there have been significant firmware changes for Glass that rendered the old recovery image unusable. A lot of people have been asking for an update, so I decided to compile an updated version.

This image is based on the latest stable CM11 sources, and uses the XE18.1 (XRV70D) kernel source found at http://github.com/justindriggers/android_kernel_Google_glass_1 and the device tree at http://github.com/justindriggers/android_device_Google_glass_1

Installation Instructions:

Download the recovery image here (md5sum: 1c0299145ec08efc5a7ec0f87ab7ef24)

Boot into fastboot mode:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Flash the image:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockworkmod-20140613-UNOFFICIAL-glass_1.img

Reboot your device:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

Finally, you can boot into recovery:
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery

Usage:

Change the selection with the camera button. Select the current item with the power button.

Let me know if you have any issues, and enjoy.