unblock-us or others

Search This thread

navigates

Jun 28, 2014
I tried unblock-us internationally and configured my trial dns and slingtv still gave the same message, content is not available in your location. Has anyone had success with unblock-us or recommend others that work? I changed the dns.

unblock us sends out the help info page which has dns

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
I tried unblock-us internationally and configured my trial dns and slingtv still gave the same message, content is not available in your location. Has anyone had success with unblock-us or recommend others that work? I changed the dns.

unblock us sends out the help info page which has dns
Try security kiss vpn they give you 500mb free a day I would say vpn is more reliable then dns service.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

navigates

Jun 28, 2014
Try security kiss vpn they give you 500mb free a day I would say vpn is more reliable then dns service.

for vpn., I would have to install a vpn client on the firetv right. Also that would make the overall experience sluggish. I would prefer the dns service over vpn. but thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
It's easy if you are rooted that is how I access content from Poland my home country that requires Polish ip. Always get more stable streaming even in 720p.

navigates

Jun 28, 2014
It's easy if you are rooted that is how I access content from Poland my home country that requires Polish ip. Always get more stable streaming even in 720p.

But VPN's are limited to the amount you download. I'll surely try them out. I will be needing vpn too and don't mind paying for a fast good service.

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
But VPN's are limited to the amount you download. I'll surely try them out. I will be needing vpn too and don't mind paying for a fast good service.

I have used in 2014 service called Astrill it's the best VPN I have ever used and oh on facebook about a week ago I won 3 months vpn for free :)

they offer unlimited so this would be great for you, I gave you link to securitykiss so you can try it out if it works. If it does then I strongly would suggest you use astrill for fast speed and unlimited.

I can do few speed tests running VPN, which country you are located in? I am in New York so obviously there will be slower speeds and higher ping but it will give you an idea.

navigates

Jun 28, 2014
I have used in 2014 service called Astrill it's the best VPN I have ever used and oh on facebook about a week ago I won 3 months vpn for free :)

they offer unlimited so this would be great for you, I gave you link to securitykiss so you can try it out if it works. If it does then I strongly would suggest you use astrill for fast speed and unlimited.

I can do few speed tests running VPN, which country you are located in? I am in New York so obviously there will be slower speeds and higher ping but it will give you an idea.

I live in Los Angeles and am moving to dubai / UAE soon. Let me look at astril. I don't like companies that enforce their own vpn client. would like to use native.

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
I live in Los Angeles and am moving to dubai / UAE soon. Let me look at astril. I don't like companies that enforce their own vpn client. would like to use native.

Check their server list they have their own app or you can of course use things like openvpn etc... on myfire tv I just downloaded my OPENVPN profiles and I simply connect when I want to use Polish vpn :)

I will do a test speedtest for you right now using no-vpn to Warsaw,Poland and with their VPN to same server Warsaw,Poland.

No-VPN
4165350221.png

Poland,VPN without restarting browser
4165350221.png

Poland,VPN after restarting browser
4165358801.png

This is why I love Astrill! :)

navigates

Jun 28, 2014
Check their server list they have their own app or you can of course use things like openvpn etc... on myfire tv I just downloaded my OPENVPN profiles and I simply connect when I want to use Polish vpn :)

I will do a test speedtest for you right now using no-vpn to Warsaw,Poland and with their VPN to same server Warsaw,Poland.

No-VPN
4165350221.png

Poland,VPN without restarting browser
4165350221.png

Poland,VPN after restarting browser
4165358801.png

This is why I love Astrill! :)

That's your upload. I'm sold to Astrill. I'll sign up and test it out. But at first I'll try another dns service as if that works. then i prefer it that way as then the firetv can be on your local network as well.

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
That's your upload. I'm sold to Astrill. I'll sign up and test it out. But at first I'll try another dns service as if that works. then i prefer it that way as then the firetv can be on your local network as well.

My upload is actually higher then download lol. Download tops at 84 mbps and download 92 mbps lol.

psycon

Dec 28, 2008
Get a router that supports DD-WRT (cheap one is the DIR-615 for $20-30 ) and a vpn provider such as privateinternetaccess.. Their speeds have been great for me..

you simply connect the router to your vpn, and either conenct to it via wifi or ethernet and your behind the vpn spoofing whatever location you choose.

navigates

Jun 28, 2014
Get a router that supports DD-WRT (cheap one is the DIR-615 for $20-30 ) and a vpn provider such as privateinternetaccess.. Their speeds have been great for me..

you simply connect the router to your vpn, and either conenct to it via wifi or ethernet and your behind the vpn spoofing whatever location you choose.

ddwrt. I've always wanted to do that. I have the netgear nighthawk that supports AC and 800 mbps with wireless. I'll look into that as well. thanks for the astrill info. I might sign up anyways. I'll try unlocator tonight and will revert to this thread.

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
ddwrt. I've always wanted to do that. I have the netgear nighthawk that supports AC and 800 mbps with wireless. I'll look into that as well. thanks for the astrill info. I might sign up anyways. I'll try unlocator tonight and will revert to this thread.

yup you can also do that with VPN remember so you will have 24/7 USA IP as long as your router is running. You have bunch of options! :D

navigates

Jun 28, 2014
yup you can also do that with VPN remember so you will have 24/7 USA IP as long as your router is running. You have bunch of options! :D

True that. I will test out the service and speeds with the VPN. If it works well. i'll get the router with ddwrt :) thanks a bunch for the advise.

edneti

Nov 5, 2013
I havent rooted my fire tv yet and unblock-us works for me...
I just configured the dns servers and it worked, what are you doing wrong?

navigates

Jun 28, 2014
I havent rooted my fire tv yet and unblock-us works for me...
I just configured the dns servers and it worked, what are you doing wrong?

I tried unlocator and that works very well. no speed issues. I'm in the US now and tested out bbc. Are there any other services outside of the us? unlocator has vpn too but that is not a full vpn solution, it routes data locally not making that ideal. I may sign up with unlocator.